A band I saw last night

Rude

• Forum MVP
32 minutes ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

How was the Micheal Cleveland inclusion? Tonight' s is cut down to one set because of the rain coming in,but oh what set. When the guest female vocalists joined in it was all JGB. Saint>Wang Dang Doodle, lay down Sally, Tore up, midnight moonlight, love light, mns

I think I'm missing something.

Oh yeah, St Stephen after MM

He blows my mind sitting in with any type of band and just lighting it on fire. Truly an amazing person to watch play

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
On 7/1/2023 at 12:58 PM, Dead duck said:

I did the 2 nights of goose at the Louisville Palace. I enjoyed it. I’ll catch them when they are close. Saw dead and C o at Deercreek. We had a group of 10, and shenanigans ensued. Was a beautiful time and a monster shakedown. Currently sitting in the rain down at terrapin hill farm. Took in Hyryder and Rumpke last night and a full night of bluegrass ahead of storms allow. 

i sold a friends weekend ticket for $40 for rislofest on CashorTrade. Prob should have let you know 

• Forum MVP

Because why the hell not:

Boulder #3 

(1) Bertha > New Speedway Boogie, Cold Rain and Snow, Jack Straw > Althea, Playin in the Band (mid-song) < set cut short due to lightning in the area >

(2) Jam > Playin in the Band > Uncle Johns Band > Playin Reprise > Help Is On The Way > Slipknot! > Franklins Tower > He’s Gone > Jam > Other One (v2) > Drums > Space (drones) > Standing On The Moon > All Along The Watchtower* (w/ Stairway Jam) > Not Fade Away*

E: NFA chant, Knockin on Heavens Door* > The Weight*

* w/ Dave Matthews

Gold Standard for them.  DSO is still my everything.  Hyryder is just a side piece

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Doing Phish in Alabama/Atlanta with Luke. Love this small venue in Huntsville. Orion Amphitheater. We sat in the absolute back and was like having pavilion seats at Deercreek.  lol gave em a whole lot to have shakedown, free parking,  restaurants and hotels galore within a mile. Great setup if anyone gets a hankerin’ for an Alabama getaway. They even let you in the venue early to buy merch then leave and come back

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Dead duck said:

Doing Phish in Alabama/Atlanta with Luke. Love this small venue in Huntsville. Orion Amphitheater. We sat in the absolute back and was like having pavilion seats at Deercreek.  lol gave em a whole lot to have shakedown, free parking,  restaurants and hotels galore within a mile. Great setup if anyone gets a hankerin’ for an Alabama getaway. They even let you in the venue early to buy merch then leave and come back

we were going to do all 3 Phish Nashville in October until DSO announced fall tour with advanced notice yay. Now we are prob just gonna do 1-2 at Bridgestone since it’s the week before DSO does their 1st 3 of fall. I’m a fan of arena shows. You get the big sound and light shows and there should be tickets galore as Nashville is not a jam band town at all. They didn’t even open the upper level for Panic New Years for the Friday night show and had maybe 100-200 max upper level for actual New Years eve. Hoping for some cheap get in tix but phish is a bigger act. 

• Forum MVP

Me and Luke did Alabama/Atlanta phish run. 5 shows like to have killed me in that heat. I shows is plenty. I think we are doing the Bridgestone shows too. Along with DSO Indy and Newport. Wanna go th the ledges this weekend. Neither boy can go but it’s a pretty good lineup and I wanna go back

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
48 minutes ago, Dead duck said:

Me and Luke did Alabama/Atlanta phish run. 5 shows like to have killed me in that heat. I shows is plenty. I think we are doing the Bridgestone shows too. Along with DSO Indy and Newport. Wanna go th the ledges this weekend. Neither boy can go but it’s a pretty good lineup and I wanna go back

we wanted to do grateful fest but it’s not to be. 

with dso, ticket prices are irrelevant to seeing shows but the 3 day phish ticket for Bridgestone is $360 each and 720 for a pair stings a bit vs 250 for a pair 3-day dso run. We’re doing Friday and Saturday phish. There are a ton of unsold upper level which means tix on CashorTrade will be 40 or less for Bridgestone day of show when everyone dumps tix for less than face since it’s not sold out. It sort of sucks how phish and dso Birmingham>Chattanooga are back to back weekends. Would be nice to get a run a month instead of back to back weekends then not much rest of the year. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
57 minutes ago, Dead duck said:

🙋🏻‍♂️phone reception is shit. Everything else is awesom. lol 

the FB vids look epic. There’s a lack of thong bikinis at jubilee and being a feminist, I fight for women to be able to wear them in every day circumstances and oppose censorship!! It seems that grateful fest  is fighting back against this national push to demonize appropriate clothing!! 

• LMAO 2

• Forum MVP
23 hours ago, Dead duck said:

Hyryder did the damn thang

It cooked -!  One setters are a different animal and often come with a higher degree of difficulty.  Wish we got a SBD patch but got a jolt anyway.  NLQP❤️

• Forum MVP
16 hours ago, Tea said:

It cooked -!  One setters are a different animal and often come with a higher degree of difficulty.  Wish we got a SBD patch but got a jolt anyway.  NLQP❤️

Did you hear that rant from the promoter ragging DSO’s manager while Hyryder was getting ready to play. Seemed tacky. You shouldn’t be ranting about that anyway in public but it’s rude to be like we wish DSO was headlining the fest but their manager wasn’t content, while Hyryder was up there. It’s like someone saying we wish Deadco was here but you have to settle for dso. 

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Tom Banjo said:

If it's the same guy that ran the ledges back in the day, ranting is kind of his thing. One year he went on and on about how his wife and her boy friend were living in his house. 

https://www.facebook.com/hyryder/videos/1032677377750940/?app=fbl

the rant starts at the beginning. You could sorta tell Hyryder was a bit uncomfortable. 

Being 2nd billled got them a whopping 1:20 of play time. That would have been disappointing 

• Forum MVP

He showed Hyryder a ton of love all day Saturday. I believe they have a future at the ledges. Definitely felt that way to me. When Melvin was on stage there was a similar rant pumping up HR and he was like yeah and here’s Melvin. Lol. He is definitely a rant guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Hyryder first night of Jerry Garcia Birthday Bash Celebration. First set cut short due to Charlie's guitar breaking down, but oh my what a night from what I can recall: #1 Alabama Getaway Promised Land TLEO Used to Love Her Dire Wolf BEW Hard to Handle Foolish Heart ...?

#2 Gomorrah Help Slip Franklins Doin That Rag  Cryptical Other One Cryptical Mission in the Rain Stronger than Dirt Uncle Johns Band Alligator Viola Lee Blues After Midnight Eleanor Rigby After Midnight Brokedown Palace Might As Well (1hr 51 min)

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP

Luke and I did dark side of the Mule and Jason Bonhams Led zep exp. Fewest amount of people I’ve ever seen at Deercreek. Made for a super comfy evening. Scored $11 lawns day of. 
Then Sammy and I did Jerry night at the Reds.  Love how they put in the clock to speed the game up but why not use that to start games after sun goes down instead of a 6:40 start time in a million degrees heat and blazing sun? Then these geniuses wear black jerseys taboot and lose in extra innings. I’ve been to quite a few games and NEVER one time seen them win in person. 🤣 

afterwords a fireworks show with GD soundtrack and a bobble head was the reward. Sitting through the game in the heat was the price we had to pay. Lol

• Like (+1) 2

2nd set

Aiko
Bertha
Stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
Loser

Scarlet Begonias
Throwing Stones

E: Broken Arrow

Casey Jones

Broken arrow was written by Robbie Robertson of The Band.

Robbie Robertson passed away 8/9/23

20230810_212434_compress50.jpg

Edited by Direwolf919
Edit
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I did Jethro Tull in Indy. Was surprised that they sounded as good as they did. 
also did the Oak Ridge Boys at KY state fair. 8 year old me was geeking out. And they didn’t sound bad for their age either. Was their 49th year at KY fair. Doubt that record will ever be touched by another artist. Lol

• Like (+1) 2