Virtual GD Europe tour

stdilbert

I decided to dig out the Europe 72 box set to recreate a virtual tour. I am planning it as if I was actually there.  Since the original shows were done in the Spring, the dates of the shows now relate to the day: i.e. first show was April 7; the start of this tour will be on July 7.  This will last for two months.  All the music can be found on Spotify.  Here is a link to the info on the box set: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe_'72:_The_Complete_Recordings 

• Forum MVP

A worthy endeavor, and something I did chronologically (although not by dates on a calendar; that's some serious Deadication) when the box set was released.  Of course you will listen to no other Dead music throughout this journey, right?

7 weeks from now you will be well antiquated with the otherwise very rare Chinatown Shuffle.  😛

• Forum MVP

Slight thread drift, my niece got me the box set of the Fare The Well shows for Christmas the year they did the shows, I guess. Later that winter we had a snow storm, something like sixteen inches. I hunkered down, made a huge pot of Italian Wedding soup and watched a concert a night for three nights. Pretty cool. 

• Forum MVP

We watched fare thee well last night. It was streaming online. I enjoyed the fan shots. Everyone in the whole joint was getting down. I personally had a blast there. They gave barraco a few secs on camera so the camera operator must have been in the know. 

We also recently watched an older deadco show and enjoyed it. Note it was pretty much normal tempo in 2017-18 before the powers that be decided to absolutely ruin the music we love making it 10-30% slower tempo.  What surprised me was on Facebook regarding dead50 were 90% of the comments saying it was trash compared to current day Deadco. This completely baffles me. I’ve listened to many dead tribute bands and any that play proper tempo are good to have an enjoyable night. Proper tempo is a must. Dead50 was normal tempo and even had a fast FOTD

Archived