Pat Garret Ampitheater, Bethel, PA 7/30/21

Island Bro

• Forum MVP

Feels soo dang good to be back in the game …what an ideal covid bust out show…couldn’t wait any longer…thankful for this opportunity 

Elective beauty:

Here Comes Sunshine

Corrina

China~Rider

Broken Arrow

Passenger

candyman

minglewood

keep on growing 

promised land

Day job

Do it in the Road

midnight Hour

stir it up

women smarter

bird song 

d/s

NFA

ill take a melody

gdtrfb

NFA

Cumby

so fine…ideal night

impressively under populated

Plenty of dance space even right up front

thank you

🌹

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

yes, great weather that day & night!  Happy Smiles. The stage faced the Big Dipper as after sunset was cloudless.

they DID play Moonlight Mile (out of Space, starting before RobE returned and then joined), but weak vocals/low vocal volume.

and they also did play I'll Take A Melody wildly  (what a wonderful surprise! )

I loved this place and the People.

Larry from PA

Edited by MerryLarry

Savage, High Energy, HIGH ENERGY, Hi enERgy, Hi EnErGy.  Got to stand on the rail in front of 8 JBL 4 foot tall speakers for 4 hours while DSO just shredded the Pennsylvania night.  I had a weird thought about the deer I'd be hunting in the mountains in a couple months.  They had to hear the show from there resting spots up on the mountain.  I'm wondering what all the wildlife is thinking up on the mountain when the band is just laying down a killer setlist.  Had an awesome time.  I love how the temperature slowly dropped during the entire show.  The start of the show it was sunny and 85.  The end of the show breezy and 65.  Awesome elective set, hopefully the band will make this a yearly stop.  I would vote for a monthly stop but I realize they gotta spread the love all over the country, so once a year is reasonable.  Once again the best Dark Star show I've ever seen which is what I say after every show.

:icon14:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

That’s what I said after the show. They’ve never been better. Brok n arrow, keep on growing, midnite hour, stir it up, I’ll take a melody, all first time for me. Or so I think. You know they’re doing something right if I can still catch a lot of new tunes. 
 When I am playing Dead music in my house and A deer wanders into my backyard, I know they’re  just getting closer so they can hear better. They have a  look on their face like, ‘is that Jerry?’ Beautiful nite, perfect venue. 

• Like (+1) 1

Great venue, great weather and a really enjoyable setlist! Different than any other DSO show that I have attended and they are playing grate 🙂

This definitely should be an annual stop as the scene was very relaxed and the crowd was A++ reminding me of Grateful Dead shows of the early 70's

Big thank you to Tony and Patrick and the kind gentleman on the recumbent bicycle for his generosity!

Forgot to mention the meteor that streaked from left to right ( looking at the stage) right overhead during the second set!

Edited by michael
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

A great grouping of tunes, coupled with a polished delivery gave me my best Dark Star Orchestra show ever. So far. I’m pretty sure they’ll send me into a state of deep appreciation some time in the future but for now, that was scrumptious. The Venue, the weather, the set list, and the band made for some great memories. I stopped and visited my new Granddaughter on the ride up. Two months old, had a blast. Saw one of the most beautiful  things ever at the show. Down in front, the young girl that stood up, out of her wheelchair, dancing with the man that brought her. 

• Like (+1) 1

Fantastic Shaw and Great venue. The rain show a few years back was good but with perfect whether it was amazing! This is why I keep seeing dso after 400+shows. Their interpretation of the dead and Garcia was beyond explanation at the amphitheater! They continued to blow my mind with songs that I don't like and really find out that I do like them. I saw them do day job once in Asbury Park and I hated it when they didit this time I was surprised at how good it was. The Corina into China cat what's a surprise. I never liked karina then a few years back at Black Mountain they did China cat and it was great with a Segway thinking it's going into I know you Rider but they went into Karina and I'm dancing saying but I don't like this song LOL Friday night Karina was really good another surprise was that I never liked and heard quite a few why don't we do it in the road. Friday night do it in road was sung and played with an energy that has me wanting more!!! Melody stir it up etc all great. It was so good to see everybody after a long hiatus. And my wife (Nicole) is starting to dig the music and the love in this microcosm of society we call family. Y'all made her feel very comfortable.  Please excuse typos and misspellings I am using voice to text on the phone. I fat thumbs!

• Like (+1) 4