Paradise Waits: DSO and Cubensis members at the Mint in LA, Sep 17th

Jeff, Barraco, and the drummers with organ and bass from the longest running LA Gd tribute band - less than 20 bucks even with service charge - how can you go wrong?

oh right - it could get cancelled.

well, I got tickets, so fingers crossed!

https://themintla.com/paradise-waitsft-members-of-dark-star-orchestra-cubensis/

Edited by Eyeball Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
1 minute ago, Eyeball Jackson said:

Jeff, Barraco, and the drummers with guitar and bass from the longest running LA Gd tribute band - less than 20 bucks even with service charge - how can you go wrong?

oh right - it could get cancelled.

well, I got tickets, so fingers crossed!

https://themintla.com/paradise-waitsft-members-of-dark-star-orchestra-cubensis/

wonder if there’s a private party hooked with that. Long flight for 1 show. 

• 1 month later...

I didn't think I'd be able to live with myself if I missed this chance to catch a show with Barraco on bass, a mere 2 states away. What a blast! Small venue - 200 people maybe? The band seemed to be having a lot of fun, and that always makes for a good show. Nate from Cubensis had a big smile on his face all night. Barraco is just amazing - nice bass solo in Eyes, and Hard to Handle killed. Definitely wish there were 2 or 3 shows to fill out the weekend but so glad I made it, this place was hot.

Half step

Bucket
Ramble 
Memphis blues
Loser
Cassidy 
Little light (Tom Ryan on vocals)
Estimated > eyes > music

China > Rider
Hard to Handle (Rob Barraco on vocals)
Truckin>TOO>Dew>NFA>GDTRFB>NFA
Sugar mags

Brokedown
  • Like (+1) 1
6 hours ago, count2 said:

I didn't think I'd be able to live with myself if I missed this chance to catch a show with Barraco on bass, a mere 2 states away. What a blast! Small venue - 200 people maybe? The band seemed to be having a lot of fun, and that always makes for a good show. Nate from Cubensis had a big smile on his face all night. Barraco is just amazing - nice bass solo in Eyes, and Hard to Handle killed. Definitely wish there were 2 or 3 shows to fill out the weekend but so glad I made it, this place was hot.

Half step

Bucket
Ramble 
Memphis blues
Loser
Cassidy 
Little light (Tom Ryan on vocals)
Estimated > eyes > music

China > Rider
Hard to Handle (Rob Barraco on vocals)
Truckin>TOO>Dew>NFA>GDTRFB>NFA
Sugar mags

Brokedown

Well, rest assured they didnt fly out west for just that tiny club show (200 people tops!). At the end of the night, Jeff said “see some of you in Pedro tomorrow”. San Pedro hosted the SoCal Hoedown that day, a sort of punk rock street fair.

I had driven up from San Diego, and was tempted to stick around if I could find out where they where they’d be jamming. Looking over the Hoedown lineup, none of the bands seemed like a fit. Maybe Fishbone, but even that would have been a stretch.

most likely they played some private afterparty. I went home.