Remember Joseph Scovel ???

comesatime

• Forum MVP

He was a stubborn 'ole goat but he was as dedicated as they come.

More than a few years back, I was up front near him at the Variety in Atlanta.  A couple frat bros thought they saw the feeble old man up front and were confident they could displace Joseph from his perch.  BIG mistake.  He was literally frothing at the mouth and screaming obscenities at these tools.  They smartly receded into the masses....

When I told him he did a nice job with those 2 he proceeded to tell me he was still pissed at DSO for not hooking him up with travel and tickets to their show in Japan.

RIP, Joseph

EDIT:  Here's that show from the Fuji Rock Festival that Joseph was pining for

https://archive.org/details/DSO2011-07-31.dwonk/DSO2011-07-31-dwonk-s1t01.flac

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Loved him.

The O2 thank and rail riding always stuck in my craw and he knew it. Whomever prescribed him oxygen could never have known he made consecutive DSO shows years long.

I remember someone trying to convince me he was secretly founder of Burts Bees

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
3 minutes ago, 2muchfun said:

Loved him.

The O2 thank and rail riding always stuck in my craw and he knew it. Whomever prescribed him oxygen could never have known he made consecutive DSO shows years long.

I remember someone trying to convince me he was secretly founder of Burts Bees

the rail in front Rob B was his , even if he showed up late and someone was there already lol 

• Forum MVP
On 10/7/2021 at 6:10 PM, Tom Banjo said:

When my mom showed up for my college graduation, Joseph was sleeping on the pull out couch on the living room. We were leaving for tour next day. 

That’s a great story , I can just picture it happening  … you’ll have that awesome memory forever , and more , thanks for sharing. 

Edit - during the 80’s when the GD were touring the tri state area my parents would wake up to deadheads sleeping all over the living room floor , they would even feed us all during off nights , then back to motels and camping when they went north and west ,,, good memories.