College Football

bs69

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, DesertDead said:

Congrats to Michigan!

(I just threw up in my mouth lol)

Happy for you though, Tea!

DD

Thanks, DD!  Yeah - I woulda had a similar platitude if it had been ND clinchin the natty (along with the accompanying bile flavor).  I love Michigan but Jim Harbaugh is one awkward dood - sooooo cringe when that man speaks.  Good recruiter and schemer (pun intended) but I'm ready for a new voice - especially since it might be slim-pickens for U of M in the Big 20 for a couple years. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Harbaugh won. I don't get this scheme shit. Every team in college football schemes. Michigan wasn't only team sending scouts to read signs at opponents games. Michigan isn't only team that breaks recruiting rules. College football is like the wild Wild West right now. No team outside of the SEC schemes like teams in the SEC. Saban was scheming in the media and with the committee for months before they beat Georgia. The minute they lost to Texas the politicking and payoffs began to make sure they got in over undefeated squads. The entire college football system is based off of cheating. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Good lord have you guys seen any of the new SEC schedules with no divisions. 

Florida opens with Miami and A&M then plays a 7 game stretch to end the year of

Tennessee

Kentucky 

Georgia 

texas

LSU

ole miss

florida st

WOW. Note they will have a new coach after the year b/c he’s gonna be lucky to be 6-6. Hell they may actually be a solid team and go 6-6. That last 5 game stretch can be an easy 0-5. Florida may want to rethink playing Miami and Florida state on top of the even more brutal SEC schedule with Texas and Oklahoma. Think they have 7 of the top 13 preseason AP ranked teams in the SEC. The conference is gonna shred each other. I like it. Will be more like the NFL. 

• Forum MVP

That last sentence is a little carried away. The talent level in the nfl is insanely high. Even a team that has 15 future nfl players starting for them even if it was all 22 players they wouldn't be a much of a match for an average nfl team. It's grown men vs boys. 

• Forum MVP

It will be more like the nfl. I didn’t say it would be. And I didn’t mean they could beat an NFL team even though if you left LSU together with Jefferson and Chase at WR and Burrow that would be the best combo in the league even though I’m noT sold on burrow yet but Chase and Jefferson together. Geez. 

• Forum MVP

The problem is that Jefferson and chase would be on their respective teams. I'm not saying you couldn't put together a team of the best Georgia players or the best Alabama players and they wouldn't have a shot to beat an nfl team. The problem is they not in college anymore.  Georgia Michigan Alabama Washington as they were entering the college football playoff would get smoked by most nfl teams and lose to the worst. Those are facts. 

But the all Georgia nfl team probably wins some games.

An interesting what it might be which all college nfl team would win the most games in the nfl.

• Forum MVP

The LSU team from a few years ago has like 10 pro bowlers. That team had around 10 1st round picks. It would be the stupid best team. After the national championship you had 14 drafted. So assume they stayed together it would be like an NFL team had the number 1 overall pick then had 4 other 1st rounders in 1 year and that’s just the year after the national champ. Jefferson wasn’t even eligible to be drafted yet. Stingley was a freshman. That team had like 30 people drafted over several years. Right now they would be the best team in the NFL hands down if you could keep LSU 2019/20 team together. The secondary would be ridiculous. Clyde Edwards helkaire at RB. The DL would be an all star line. My point was if you could keep a college team together and call them a new NFL franchise, they would be the best in the NFL right now 4 years later.