College Football

bs69

• Forum MVP

Duh. I bet Georgia. It was at Georgia and Georgia had a lot to prove. 

this year would be the perfect year for a 12 team playoff. There are 6 teams that could win it. Oregon is hard to stop. Washington has a great offense. You have Georgia and Bama loaded with talent and although having offensive issues, would you want to play either in a 12 team playoff. This year would be so fun for a playoff with no unbeatable teams. Alas next year is the year for it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

12 team playoff would be interesting. Not sure Bama makes the top 12 though.

I think they need to win out to make the top 12 and that means beating Georgia. If they manage to beat Georgia they will be in the top 4 and make the playoff regardless. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Michigan-4.5

Bama-10.5 

locks of the day. Bama is now at -11 or -11.5 but got it in early 

my long shot bet is ole miss money line to win at Georgia +400. That 10.5 spread is way too high. Brock bowers may not play. The spread would have to move if he’s ruled out. Georgia has limited weapons without one of the top skill players in college. They are loaded on D as always though. That will be the game of the day as Michigan wins by 17+. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

If Saban wants to avoid being disrespected, his team better lose to Georgia. Alabama should in no way be a lock to make the playoff if they beat Georgia. Undefeated Washington Michigan and Florida st all get in over Bama even if they win. Oregon potentially gets in even if Bama wins and no way a one loss Bama should jump a 1 loss Texas team that they lost to. He needs to accept that he needs some help to get in if team happens to win.

• Forum MVP

I took Washington money line +280. I chickened out and cashed out knowing Oregon got the ball to start the 2nd and were gonna score to end the 1st and was happy getting paid at +150 even though much less happy with the final result.  

this year would be so freaking awesome for a 12 team playoff. Florida state will be in with a win but they are only 2pt favs over Louisville and we deserve better in a playoff. Several teams that would be favorites over Washington and Florida state will be left out and if Bama wins they won’t get in even though they would finish 5-1 vs top 17 FPI teams. Michigan will finish the season being 2-0 vs FPI top 30 teams. They are good but played only 2 teams all year that were decent. They are rewarded for not scheduling a Texas or notre dame or Florida state like LSU and Florida. The 2nd best record in the NFL is 9-3. If you play enough good teams you will lose. This year Ohio state, Oregon and Bams won’t be in. Bama’s BCS rank was set where no matter what they aren’t in. Texas is -16 today. If they lose and Bama wins and Florida state loses they may but it’s a long shot for a 12-1 team who played more top 20 teams than anyone. They got penalized for playing Texas. Michigan avoided any risk and was rewarded. Boo. This is really the 1st year that there wasn’t a really clear picture of at least the best 3 teams. We had a Michigan state at 4 who was garbage. Had a Cincinnati at 4 who wasn’t really a 4. But the top 3 or last year the top 4 were the true best 4. This year not necessarily. Oregon and Ohio state and Bama would all be -7 or more vs Florida state. 

thank god this is the last year of 4 teams only. Next year gotta win 3 or 4 games to win it all. Me likes 

• Forum MVP

Alabama just made it interesting. That first down by Milroe at the end was crazy. Ball got punched out then ended up pinned right back into his body and he recovered it. Crazy how the ball bounces sometimes. 

Let's see what FSU and Michigan do but the Texas Alabama debate is on.

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Tom Banjo said:

Alabama just made it interesting. Let's see what FSU and Michigan do but the Texas Alabama debate is on.

Pundits saying FSU out cuz they ain’t the 4th best team in the country.  May be moot if Louisville does them

• Forum MVP

I'd like to see them come up with away to get the Alabama Texas rematch to start the playoff if they gonna keep FSU out.

Btw I love only 4 teams. It makes every game count. 12 teams will allow 2 loss Bama and 2 loss ohio st into the playoff every year. It ensures that the blue bloods get a seat at the table even if they don't have their A game every week.

• Forum MVP

I just don't see how given the history of the CFP and how the selection committee has picked the teams I just don't see how they can leave FSU out of the playoff. They have an amazing defense. The only reason you question them at all is the injury to their star QB. 

Look I'm not saying they are one of the 4 best teams. I'm saying they're one of the 4 most deserving this year. 

Michigan 1

Washington 2

FSU 3

Texas 4

Ohio st 5

Alabama 6

Georgia 7

Oregon 8

Missouri 9

Penn St 10

Crazy year. If you break tradition and keep FSU out all 4 of the teams behind Texas have good cases even Georgia.

• Forum MVP

Yup. I don't think we should bother playing games anymore. Just let the committee pick the 12 at the start of the year. Practice til Christmas and then playoff. I could've handled Bama in over Texas. I can not see how FSU gets held out. No way if this was the other way around. FSU just beat an undefeated number one Clemson but had loss earlier in the year and Alabama was an undefeated conference champion would FSU get in over Bama. This is all about SEC biases and politics. Back door payments. This wreaks of corruption. Way to ruin a great college football season. I'm not gonna watch the playoff. Maybe done with college football altogether. Can you imagine being an FSU senior right now?

• Forum MVP
On 12/3/2023 at 11:28 AM, bs69 said:

OMG! Thank God they are going to 12 next year. Florida State got screwed

You see it in college basketball seeding. If you lose your star, you get seeded lower. 

I just feel bad for Michigan having to play Bama game 1. There’s no one I’d want to see my team play less than a Saban team with a month to prepare. 

Rick you may be unhappy about that but you should be upset that Georgia didn’t get in. They had a perfect regular season. Unfortunately they don’t have a scrub to play like Iowa or Oklahoma state or a decent but not elite Louisville. Bama played a hard schedule. Unlike Michigan and Ohio state they scheduled a legit non conference team. The lesson Michigan would have taught peeps is play only 2 top 30 teams all year and if lucky and win both you are in. That was one of the worst schedules you will see. 

Bana finished 5-1 vs top 17 FPI and 6-1 vs top 30 FPI teams. 
Ohio state was 2-1 vs top 30 FPI and all 3 were top 10 rated. 
Michigan was 2-0 vs top 30 and Maryland was their 3rd hardest team they played per the FPI. 
https://www.espn.com/college-football/fpi

but yes thank god the are going 12 team. 

• Forum MVP
On 10/21/2023 at 10:39 PM, Tom Banjo said:

12 team playoff would be interesting. Not sure Bama makes the top 12 though.

I think they need to win out to make the top 12 and that means beating Georgia. If they manage to beat Georgia they will be in the top 4 and make the playoff regardless. 

Yoo knew the scenario. Win out and Bama makes it “regardless”. 

and Florida state may beat Georgia. I’d expect many Georgia guys going pro to sit out the game. Not playing for a championship leads to peeps not playing. If you sit out and you are in a playoff, I wouldn’t draft you!!!! 

• Forum MVP

I knew it Bama won out the corrupt system would put them in. I didn't think it would be this clear of a rob job. Figured enough would happen that they would deserve it. And don't get me wrong bama Georgia Ohio st Oregon they all right there on being deserving but none of them deserve it as much as FSU did.

I think Michigan gonna win it all for harbaugh.

I would've understood holding Texas out for Bama. Different team now argument would've worked for me there. Texas has lost since they played and Georgia is a massive win. 

• 1 month later...