D&C at Cornell

DesertDead

• Forum MVP

I'm far from a D+C homer and been pretty critical just like everyone else who loves what they love and want it that way.

Very good effort and result from D & C for 5/8/23!  I listened to both sets and they really ramped it up during Estimated and then never looked back.  2nd set was excellent!  If they were pumping out stuff like this nite after nite, I would try much harder to see them.  Prolly a flash in the pan but it was worth spending the time!

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Ahh, they fucked it all up! Gotta open with Jack Straw. Estimated/ Eyes needs to be after Scarlet/ Fire. Eyes into Terrapin and Morning Dew in the Encore slot. Wait!, Brokedown for the encore, Dew right outta Terrapin. How come they don’t do any Phish covers? They’re a great band, so I heard. 

• Confused (neutral) 1

• Forum MVP

Tea come to the Cap or go see DSO anywhere and within 3 songs you will realize how mediocre Dead and co were at their best last night. I saw a great Furthur show at red rocks. They spelled steal your face. Then saw DSO in Jackson hole. Dark star played a 40 minute other one. I quickly realized that the Furthur show was just good. This was the goods.

• Forum MVP

You might misunderstand:  I would take DSO over all-comers - not even a debate.  Dead+Co had a great night, that's it. 

Happy to be seeing DSO in my neck of the woods next week - it's been too long and I can't freaking wait!

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

I listened to the eyes and I have to say it sounded better than I’m used to for them. I think having Jay Lane replace Billy is a major plus- sorry Bill, but you’re old And don’t really swing like you used to.

• Like (+1) 1

Yea mango I heard eyes too, that’s all I heard while I was in my car. It definitely had a different sound for sure, in a good way. But then I heard Jack straw yesterday and it was pretty much the same thing as always, ehh.