Wang Theatre - Boston, MA 6/23/23

NorthEast

•  
    BOSTON MUSIC HALL - NOVEMBER 14, 1978

The Wang is the old Boston Music Hall and you could feel the bands pleasure playing this recreation from the very same room it was originally played. Absolutely stunning theatre. I couldn’t have asked DSO for a better local return. Boston shows at the Wilbur were fun, but the venues don’t compare. The Wilbur is tight and crowded, discriminates on deadheads, and lacks the space and sound we crave. I’d love to see them play the Wang again in the future. Missed my forum friends but there was an epic dance party in the red carpeted hallway at the top of balcony. Passenger, Estimated Eyes, ship of fools, wharf rat, and GDTRFB personal highlights. GDTRFB was just silly good… so much fun. Got my first “piece of my heart tonight”. I am “on call” which starting at 11pm so I was sober for this show… pretty sure first ever. I danced more than I ever have AND saved money! Everything about this night was perfect, including not running into my ex who first brought me to shows (lol) and hanging out with my cat now as I rest my bones. ❤️❤️❤️

Sugaree

El Paso

Candyman

It's All Over Now

Loser

Passenger

Stagger Lee

I Need a Miracle

Bertha

Good Lovin'

From the Heart of Me

Ship of Fools

Estimated Prophet

Eyes of the World

drums

Wharf Rat

Not Fade Away

Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad

Johnny B. Goode

Filler: Piece Of My Heart 

Edited by NorthEast
  • Like (+1) 6

After the covid blip so great to be back on the bus. DSO sounds fantastic as they always have. I love how DSO is able to bring out qualities in a song that may seem ordinary on the surface. Hearing it live, the magic, the beautiful venue, a perfect way to celebrate DSO show #25. Hopefully more Boston area shows in the near future. Thank you DSO!

and i love the pre-announce too!

• Like (+1) 2
On 6/24/2023 at 2:00 AM, NorthEast said:
  •  
    BOSTON MUSIC HALL - NOVEMBER 14, 1978

The Wang is the old Boston Music Hall and you could feel the bands pleasure playing this recreation from the very same room it was originally played. Absolutely stunning theatre. I couldn’t have asked DSO for a better local return. Boston shows at the Wilbur were fun, but the venues don’t compare. The Wilbur is tight and crowded, discriminates on deadheads, and lacks the space and sound we crave. I’d love to see them play the Wang again in the future. Missed my forum friends but there was an epic dance party in the red carpeted hallway at the top of balcony. Passenger, Estimated Eyes, ship of fools, wharf rat, and GDTRFB personal highlights. GDTRFB was just silly good… so much fun. Got my first “piece of my heart tonight”. I am “on call” which starting at 11pm so I was sober for this show… pretty sure first ever. I danced more than I ever have AND saved money! Everything about this night was perfect, including not running into my ex who first brought me to shows (lol) and hanging out with my cat now as I rest my bones. ❤️❤️❤️

Sugaree

El Paso

Candyman

It's All Over Now

Loser

Passenger

Stagger Lee

I Need a Miracle

Bertha

Good Lovin'

From the Heart of Me

Ship of Fools

Estimated Prophet

Eyes of the World

drums

Wharf Rat

Not Fade Away

Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad

Johnny B. Goode

Filler: Piece Of My Heart 

I'm guessing this dance party was in part to many of the Dead and Co kids who just stopped by to say, well, well, well....Many were on the  DSO European tour...they know how to get down and don't talk... Glad you had a great time!!!

• Like (+1) 1
8 hours ago, Weather Command said:

I'm guessing this dance party was in part to many of the Dead and Co kids who just stopped by to say, well, well, well....Many were on the  DSO European tour...they know how to get down and don't talk... Glad you had a great time!!!

That’s right! Lots of the kids were there as it was “Dead and Co Eve”… they brought the energy for sure!