Quick question about hospitality on tour.

• Forum MVP

I certainly can't afford to go on my own leaving Indy to Michigan and into Cleveland having to shellout hotels.When Hunter performed at the Chicago House of Blues in 2002, during the first night of three(4/28, 4/29 & 4/30) my friend and I got invited to stay with kind, interesting and fun folks right up the street for our time in town. What's it like at a show? As far as is it like it used to be on Syracuse campus in October of 84 where every house was open for the chosing or are people even considering out of towners before, during and after the show? I've been instructed to tint my windows and convert my passenger seat into a cozy night time sleeper. It's gonna happen but not for August. Any thoughts suggestions, encouragements, campgrounds?

• Like (+1) 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

AC, it’s pretty easy to turn any car into a camper by removing one of the back seats and having your feet go into the trunk. Bill K did this. We also met a couple who turned their Prius into a camper for 2 by removing the back seats and building a structure with plywood on top that made a nice flat sleeping surface with storage underneath for their gear. They made it work with a tiny Prius and 2 peeps and they loved it. They said they crashed at truck stops and Walmarts. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1