DSO reviews on Ticketmaster

Rude

• Forum MVP

I was reading some reviews of dso on Ticketmaster and thought some were hilarious. Most were very positive but the negative ones cracked me up and here’s a few of them. 

Here’s an example of most 5* reviews and this is the way peeps on forums feel about dso. 

I have never been a fan of Grateful Dead music until I went to a DSO concert. This wasn’t a concert, this was an experience. An amazing experience with a wonderful vibe, wonderful music and the amazingly friendly people. I can’t get enough! This is my fourth show and I want to be there anytime I have the chance. It was great and I danced until I physically could no more. Wow- what a great show!

now to the bad reviews 

(GD 1984 recreation.  This guy was mad DSO played too long and took a 30 minute break between sets as well as hating the setlist even though it was a GD setlist. 1 star review)

They took at least a 30 min break; like come on Jerry Garcia was not there. We know you’re not the Grateful Dead. I want to experience their music not their breaks. BTW I’ve seen the Grateful Dead w Jerry more than 50 times so I know what I’m talking about. Poor song selection and no flow from one song to another. On a scale from 1-10 it was a 3 we left during drums and space I’ve Never done that Ever. Also most followers are now in 50-60s. Starting at 7 and being done at 10 would be cool.

(in salt lake dso doing 4-12-69. 2 star review)

very little room for movement. Shafted on drink prices, the set list was terrible as well.

(house of blues Cleveland 2022. May 1969 recreation. 2 star review. Lmao. Come on DSO let those old songs stay where they belong!!!)

The band was in good form on Monday night. They chose a May 1969 playlist that left a lot to be desired. The set opened strong with Hard To Handle and a pepped up version of Cold Rain and Snow. It went downhill from there - a cover of Tom Jones Green Green Grass of Home was flat. The second set opener He Was a Friend of Mine and Doing That Rag did nothing to pump the crowd. The band left the stage and the crowd barely responded. Sorry guys. There's a reason why those songs have been left in the archive.

(then you get conflicting reports. Several said this was the best DSO show ever and then you get this guy)

• Rating: 5 out of 5

show was Off the Hook, one of the Best Shows Ever

by curtis w. on 4/3/22The Paramount - Huntington

If we could repeat that show every time that would be Great

1 of the...top best show EVER!!!!

by curtis w on 4/2/22The Paramount - Huntington

not just set list . even the not so busting songs were Beautiful done thanks...DSO

Always Amazing!!

by Scottso on 4/2/22The Paramount - Huntington

Dance, vibe, enjoy. It is truly a great time for all.

Rating: 1 out of 5

what happened to this band??

by pbp on 4/3/22The Paramount - Huntington

Worst show I've been to in a long time. No energy/no connection with audience. They acted like they were a new band performing for the first time; like too much time between songs--wht are we playing next?? We left after an hour!!

(Come on dso. Why are you playing 80’s dead)

• Rating: 3 out of 5

Mediocre 1980s show

by MoreMonkey on 3/15/22State Theatre - Portland

The experience was, as always, a fun circus. But the show they chose for night two was so-so at best. With all the wonderful music the Grateful Dead made in the late 60s and 1970s it baffles me why anyone would choose a show from their weakest period.

(On that note, dso shouldn’t be playing boring early 70’s either!!)

• Rating: 1 out of 5

disappointed

by jojo on 3/14/22State Theatre - Portland

band should tell us before hand what years they are playing i saw the early 70's which is more western , country bluegrass with zero trippy jams

(Dso needs to learn dead better. The Grateful Dead wasn’t a rock band evidently)

• Rating: 1 out of 5

Extremely Bad Venue

by Joy on 12/7/21Revolution Live Outdoors at the Backyard. - Ft Lauderdale

First of all, the band is more rock based. The Dead were more folk based. It was loud in a very small space. Which brings me to that... This was such a small space and so overcrowded. Bad choice in a pandemic. Also no place to sit.

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

BTW I’ve seen the Grateful Dead w Jerry more than 50 times so I know what I’m talking about. Poor song selection and no flow from one song to another. On a scale from 1-10 it was a 3 we left during drums and space I’ve Never done that Ever. Also most followers are now in 50-60s. Starting at 7 and being done at 10 would be cool.

My favorite!  He knows what he's talking about!  Why not have dinner at 430p too!  Oh Wait - that was a very common occurrence for the salt of the earth crew :rofl:

• Like (+1) 1

Rude Best comedy read all week 😆

I have to agree with the guys comment about Revolution Ft Lauderdale being a shitty venue. Worst venue since Starland Ballroom!

I can picture the people that gave those reviews at the shows saying to their friends "I hope they play that good song...

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
22 hours ago, Tea said:

My favorite!  He knows what he's talking about!  Why not have dinner at 430p too!  Oh Wait - that was a very common occurrence for the salt of the earth crew :rofl:

dont forget the dude was mad dso took a 30 min setbreak. Everyone knows the dead didn’t take a setbreak in his 50 shows. Set breaks are for the weak and Jerry was against them. 

our 430 dinners were planned so we didn’t have to use the facilities at venues which can be treacherous as well as not having full bellies that would slow down our insane dancing. 

6 hours ago, Brian NJ said:

I can picture the people that gave those reviews at the shows saying to their friends "I hope they play that good song...

From these reviews, dso can’t play the 60’s b/c those songs suck and there’s a reason dead stopped playing them, they can’t play early 70’s b/c it’s all cowboy songs, and playing 84 is bad b/c that was the dead’s worst period. Dso just needs to play 75-79 or do electives with the hits like Touch, truckin, sugar mags, and rosemary like on the greatest hits!!

On 7/19/2023 at 12:25 PM, Rude said:

They took at least a 30 min break; like come on Jerry Garcia was not there. We know you’re not the Grateful Dead. I want to experience their music not their breaks. BTW I’ve seen the Grateful Dead w Jerry more than 50 times so I know what I’m talking about. Poor song selection and no flow from one song to another. On a scale from 1-10 it was a 3 we left during drums and space I’ve Never done that Ever. Also most followers are now in 50-60s. Starting at 7 and being done at 10 would be cool. 

I talked to a guy like this at a show, he was so mad about the setbreak and drums and space in particular and also saying how these guys aren’t the Grateful Dead and being mad they didn’t play Terrapin or Eyes or another one of his favorites. Pretty sure he left during drums and space. I thought it might be the same guy but the show I saw was an 85 smoker at the Stone Pony. This guy was really going out of his way to communicate to me how shitty of a time he was having 😂😂 

• Forum MVP

I love when peeps leave during D/S in big cities. It’s usually super crowded but after it’s half full and we can finally cut loose. You don’t lose many peeps in the smaller towns like you do in New York and chicago. I really wish we could do the Pabst theater on fall tour as that venue is freaking amazing and no one’s leaving or stopping dancing for 4 hours. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, Vic81 said:

But who leaves…I never leave ….ever. I mean most of us don’t 

my 1st dso show in chicago in 2011, I went with my ex and she said how fucking long are they going to play!!!! They did the encore and 2 fillers. We had to leave during the 1st filler to get back to the train station to take the last Metra to the suburbs. Maybe in chicago it’s a train situation as the last metra leaves Union station around 1230. That’s the only time I’ve left early ever and it wasn’t really that early. 

• Forum MVP

I once was funneled into the back of a horrific lot at Shoreline, and I knew from experience that getting out of it could potentially take over an hour. Had a great seat FOB in the center section.  I left the seat before the encore, and positioned myself at the rear aisle ready to bolt. Then Jerry went into Baby Blue and I found myself loitering until the end of it. Couldn't leave early. 😀

There were rail rats hardcores at later era Oakland Coliseum Arena shows that would leave before the encore to hustle outside and be the first to get the priority tickets to line up the next morning. That's some "method to my madness" shit right there. 

• LMAO 2

• Forum MVP

The problem is too many are leaving before set 2 ends so they create enough of a jam to keep you stuck. We were in shorelines lot in 2018 and No car was moving an inch so we just got out and chilled for an hour until the traffic was gone. It’s too hard to beat the rush unless you leave at DS