RIP Jimmy Buffet

Rude

• Forum MVP

I got to see him once in Cincinnati in the early 2000’s. We were talking a lot going to cincy last summer to see him as that’s the Mecca for him. Unfortunately we didn’t. A few months ago driving home from some show I put on songs you know by heart and I still know everyone by heart. I can sing pencil thin mustache without missing a word with the music playing. I can’t sing anything without musical prompts though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Parrot Head Central!

He certainly added lots of color and fun to living the good life throughout exceptional songwriting.

A son of a son of a sailor gave me a hard time at a show because I was wearing a duck hat I'd gotten as an Arby's giveaway on our way to the Omni / Greensboro run 1990. I figured a bird hat was a bird hat and that was the only one I had.

They were as serious about the proper inequities as heads are about GD. Kudos for all the great tailgating Jimmy Buffett fostered.

Sorry to hear of this.

RIP JB.

Wonder if he'll get a nod at tonight's Emmylou show?

Watch a Live stream of the St. Louis Jimmy Buffet Memorial concert tonight (9-6) in downtown St. Louis at the Broadway Oyster Bar on Sean Canan's Voodoo Players facebook page: www.facebook.com/scvps 

- Showtime is at 8:30PM CT instead of the usual 9:00PM start time on Wed. nights.

www.seancanansvoodooplayers.com

RIP Jimmy

Was on my ways to the Keys last week when we heard the news.  The man embodied the Caribbean spirit.  Like Marley was to Reggae, Jimmy Buffet was to island rock.  His concert parking lots were up there with GD lot parties.  Many parrot heads will be feeling this for a while.  RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfuMsrQHFgk