Penns Peak 11-23-2023

jambandmusic

This will be our first time going to Penn's Peak (and Jim Thorpe in general).  I've heard so much great stuff about the venue and the DSO Thanksgiving shows that I'm bursting with excitement.  The only time I've seen DSO was two nights at Bear's Picnic this summer.  I'm so ready to dance like a freak and shake my bones.  I'll be in a cowboy shirt.  Say hi.  Buy me a beer :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Have a blast 💥 Should be a great one!

Public Service Announcement:  If a stranger invites you to take a pull from their vape, politely decline.  Fentanyl is evil and it’s everywhere.  Better safe than sorry…

Ring . That . Bell 🛎️ 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

On that same subject, if you want to knowingly do fentanyl that's your prerogative. I won't judge you for it. We all have are trials and crosses to bare.

I have meant opiate and fentanyl users whose behavior really blows my mind. They openly talk about the high you get from coming back from an overdose like it's something they seek. 

If you knowingly give someone fentanyl without telling them, you are scum. You are a criminal. You deserve some serious criminal charges. And trust me I'm as anti police state prison system and the us criminal Justice system as they come. I'd also take you outside and beat you half to death cause that's basically attempted murder shit. 

if you can handle your shit, and knowingly ingest fentanyl then fall out at the show to the point where you get the show shut down. You're an idiot. Don't get that fucked in public. I feel that way about people that get fall down drunk and puke on the dance floor too but I've probably been that idiot a few times never puked on the floor though. But seriously if you need to get that fucked up stay home tonight.

Fentanyl is not LSD you are not a prankster but tricking people into ingesting it. You are not a prankster. Your piece of shit.

Sorry I feel pretty strongly on that subject.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

23/11/22  Penn's Peak  Jim Thorpe, PA

Touch of Grey, All Over Now, Loose Lucy, 

Broken Arrow, Mama>Mex, Blow Away,

Dupree's Diamond Blues, Let It Grow.

Help>Slip>Frank,  Women Are Smarter,

Sunrise, Lonesome Long Way>Drums>

Space>Low Spark>Goin' Down the Road>

One More Saturday Nite.

Truly inspired performance. 

Deep family love.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 4

Another one for the ages at the Peak.  So much to be Thankful for, so much love in the air.  Sold out show and the joint was jumpin'.  The most viscous Slipknot I've ever heard.  Great elective set.  Even with it being packed there was plenty of room to dance (if you know where to find it, just gotta poke around) and getting drinks wasn't that bad either.  The line to get in was nothing like I've ever seen.  Didn't get up there until like 7:30p and the line to get in was stretched all the way through the lot probably 300yds 4 people deep.  Waited about a half hour but I think they got almost everyone in by the start of the show.  Glad to see the tradition continue.  We can't take this stuff for granted.  We've seen how easily things can be taken away.  

:dsorocks:

keith_seinfeld_823x.jpg?v=1644281104

15 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Keith Hernandez from the gravelly road.

• Like (+1) 1

Very good show despite not wanting to hear Low Spark again. I wish they would learn the ending. Plus the drummers don’t nail the fills. It was a big let down out of space. Gimme a classic Dead tune there, please!!!

Highlights were Let it Grow, HSF, GDTRFB & One More Saturday Night. Not a great set list but the performances were tremendous for the most part. Great jam out of Lonesome Long Way but I have no idea why they would place that non-Dead song in that prime pre-drums spot.

Plus at least Blow Away wasn’t long. 

Edited by Steve Reynolds