2023-12-09 @ St. Augustine Amphitheatre, St. Augustine, FL

Tea

• Forum MVP

Original Recipe (list not confirmed)

One More Saturday PM, Dire Wolf, Hell in a Bucket, You Ain’t Woman Enough, Althea, Run, Run Rudolph, Feel Like a Stranger, Simple Twist of Fate, Women R Smarter > Shakedown Street

The Other One > Scarlet Begonias > The Wheel, Unbroken Chain > Drums > Space > The Other One > Morning Dew

E: C’est la vie (You Never Can Tell)

• Like (+1) 1
1 hour ago, Tea said:

Original Recipe (list not confirmed)

One More Saturday PM, Dire Wolf, Hell in a Bucket, You Ain’t Woman Enough, Althea, Run, Run Rudolph, Feel Like a Stranger, Simple Twist of Fate, Women R Smarter > Shakedown Street

The Other One > Scarlet Begonias > The Wheel, Unbroken Chain > Drums > Space > The Other One > Morning Dew

E: C’est la vie (You Never Can Tell)

Also a Corrina and A day in the life no lyrics in the second set.. I thought Pompano was fantastic but the words cannot describe this set list in a way that exhibits the perfection energy and vibe of the show!

• Forum MVP

Meant to drop in here…

not sure I have much to say. Not gonna break it down blow by blow….I’m no Velvet Thunder.

But, yeah, really great time in ST Aug. cool town, great venue. Was down in the pit. Sound wasn’t perfect- I know it sounded better up in the seats but we were enjoying our spot down front left. Some cool new dancers that I did not know. Also saw many friends from DSO years past- Gary, Bix, Brian/Nicole, Kris/Scott, Jerry Stohner and Deb, Osean, Vince/Sue. No Torin…. Been too long my brother.

Show was good. First set very high energy, no messin around. Simple twist was sweet, Run Rudolf silly. Stranger and Shakedown gettin funky.

Really loved the Tomorrow Never Knows…never thought the GD did any Justice to this song, but Barraco and Lisa were really playing with it in a psychedelic way. 2 voices in the band! No offense everyone else 😜

morning Dee was perfect- par for the DSO course.

Thank you!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

With regards to your not any justice to Tomorrow Never Knows, I was talking with a diehard fan after a recent show, commenting that they're playing a lot of dead songs better than they did. (No disrespect to Jerry or any other band member) His response was they get to jam out more. Then later at the after show bar, they're were two women who had just seen their first DSO concert asking Barraco how the show was so damn good! I don't know exactly what he said except that he said beautifully and articulately that each musician is listening intently to each other through out the show adding to it as it develops. I thought that was a great way to introduce them to what they experienced that night. A big part of being on the rail is watching and listening to the interplay. Throughout the night, unexpectedly, one of the musicians would grab my attention as I was tripping on another in a way that I don't remember having had that same pronounced impact at shows in the 80's or 90's. We're fortunate to have this current lineup, all bringing  knowledge and expertise to the stage. 

• Like (+1) 2
On 12/16/2023 at 3:20 PM, Mango said:

Really loved the Tomorrow Never Knows…never thought the GD did any Justice to this song, but Barraco and Lisa were really playing with it in a psychedelic way. 2 voices in the band! No offense everyone else 😜

morning Dee was perfect- par for the DSO course.

Thank you!!!

I was outside the bowl and didn't hear lyrics on beatles tune. I should've sweat more less pee 😞...