Live Nation is being sued by the DOJ...

Tea

• Forum MVP

....for Anti-Trust violations.  Wow ! Sounds great, right?  What a headline!  Down with Cartels!  I'm no sage but here's how this is likely to go:

The case will be heard in 2026, any unfavorable findings will be appealed. In 2028, instead of Live Nation being broken apart, they will agree to establish a 10M fund as reparations to the ticket-buying public.  After the attorneys get their cut, you can choose to receive a check for $7.26 or receive it as a $10 credit for your next Live Nation ticket purchase. 

Boy - I sure would love to be wrong on this one.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

My guess is the US gov wants a bigger cut to continue to look the other way. 

still I’m hoping it improves things but when one super corrupt organization investigates a 2nd super corrupt organization, selfishly I  don’t see things getting better for me. 😆🤣

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

The reason this is being even brought forward is the Taylor swift ticket backlash. Umm 1 million peeps were trying to get 50k tickets. Demand greatly overwhelmed supply but Ticketmaster is the villain. I’m no fan of Ticketmaster but the Taylor swift stuff was pure market capitalism at work. Likely 50% saw dollar signs with no interest in the concert wanting to get rich reselling as people who see 1 concert a year will pay anything. We decided against deadco at the Sphere out of principle. Not paying $350-450 for 1 ticket to 1 show. Just not doing it. Nothing is that important to me. I’ll go pop a $15 hyryder show up and back. As soon as we both saw those sphere prices we said naw. No view of the screen was $250. That’s the reason I’d care about even going is for the visuals. If I come in to $5 mil I ain’t spending 900 on a pair of tix for 1 night to any concert. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Another ticket raising culprit that's embedded in the music's scene is "Platinum Seating" with it's $300-500 single seats further validating today's standards of $185-900 to see a concert. Recently in Cincinnati Coney Island pool (gathering watering site for thousands of locals for many, many years) got demolished to build a new concert venue. Understand this is right next to Riverbend Music Amphitheatre and PNC Pavilion making it essentially not needed because Riverbend and PNC are hard pressed to sellout their current line ups. I know groups of friends that have looked forward to summer each year to get season passes to Sunlight Pool at Coney Island. It's been a big part of socialization for the Cincinnati community and now being replaced with the new money making industry of concerts. The middle man triumphs once again and also reinforces the phrasing of "the good old days" for concert goers who got in coliseum shows for under $10 all the way through most of the '80s. The local news is not reporting that it was the Cincinnati Symphony that destroyed this social pool venue. I dew believe I'm near the end of going to concerts, or as phrased by Bob Dylan in the first verse of Going, Going, Gone.... "it's the top of the end"