Dso in Spotify

Mango

• Forum MVP
16 hours ago, LangeradoSoul said:

Yeah, they sound pristine. I'm not sure what changed but putting this on spotify and youtube is smart and will expose the band to wider audience

plays = money. I found a ton of old flash drives and I have like 40 Dso shows on them from 2005-2016 that I want to get to archive since they aren’t selling them. Really wish Rob E would start an upload project on old snows. I know there are plenty of tapers here who would be glad to help. The nice thing is they are already edited and tracked mostly. 

there was a time that I was listening to so much DSO that the dead shows all sounded so bad after listening to DSO boards. Now I just listen to the dead. Rob was also putting out lots of shows and I was seeing a lot live so was reliving the experience 

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Rude said:

plays = money.

According to Spotify:  Spotify pays artists between $0.003 - $0.005 per stream on average. That works out as an approx revenue split of 70/30 - so that's 70% to the artist/rights holders and 30% to Spotify.  I guess not much of a financial incentive for DSO to be on Spotify.  I do miss the more frequent Nugs uploads (there are 8 shows from summer 2023) but something is better than nothing. 

I frankly would be more interested in more LiveStream availability and would be willing to pay for the privilege.  I realize something like this has some behind the scene efforts, logistics, and front-end costs.  I also realize another solution would be:  "Dood - go see some live DSO shows for God's sake!"  Point Taken.  My lack of live attendance in the last few years is certainly not derived from a lack of desire.      

• Forum MVP

So 1k streams is $3-$5?  That adds up.

I’d write the song name as Frankie’s tower(Taylor’s version) to really cash in!! Or add (remix) to every song to get the DJ crowd. I’m making a band called Tailor Swift for the peeps who can’t spell which is 50% of high school kids these days. Have you seen how bad grammar is these days. In high school engkish if you had a run on sentence that’s an F. Meili had this group masters paper and one dude used not 1 period literally over a page and a half and he was in a masters program. wtf. I was baffled how you could get a college degree not understand basic grammar like using a period. 

• Forum MVP
3 minutes ago, Rude said:

In high school engkish if you had a run on sentence that’s an F. Meili had this group masters paper and one dude used not 1 period literally over a page and a half and he was in a masters program. wtf. I was baffled how you could get a college degree not understand basic grammar like using a period. 

An employee (late 20's - I didn't hire them) recently copied me on an email to a commercial client.  I read the opening run-on sentence and immediately tried to recall the message, but no dice.  Imagine a blog post with phonetical spelling and with more emoji's than punctuation.  Should 'damage-control' be hyphenated or not?

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Tea said:

An employee (late 20's - I didn't hire them) recently copied me on an email to a commercial client.  I read the opening run-on sentence and immediately tried to recall the message, but no dice.  Imagine a blog post with phonetical spelling and with more emoji's than punctuation.  Should 'damage-control' be hyphenated or not?

Quit your current job. Ask to DSo to give you the rights to sell livestreams to their shows and plug into the soundboard. Provide the initial investment to share it with the masses and set your cost and see how it goes. I don’t see a reason why not.

• Haha (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I (or you Tom Banjo) Just need to find what the break even cost is  - then I’d know if the juice is worth the squeeze.  I’d likely lose my shirt in year 1