Drums

Space

St Stephen

William Tell

Eleven

So Many Roads

Lovelight

Encore: US Blues

I found this show to be a monumental disappointment, as did everyone I was with (I think I've seen all of DSO's shows here). The elective sets are a great opportunity for the band to play an interesting mix and to play those ineresting stand-alone songs--and also an opportunity to skip space>drums altogether. While there were some stand-outs, such as "Hurt me so" and nuggets like "Big Iron" there was way too many of the atonal loose jams--as one guy said, I'm ready to hear some music now. By the time they did space>drums the crowd started thinning out and was noticeably restless and bored. I'm glad I didn't bring someone to his first show for this one. But I'll still be there for the next one, with a re-tread on my feet, praying for better weather!

Going to tonights show in nj, this is the kind of setlist i hoped I wouldnt wake up to find. love the electives. you never know what you are going to get. blow away, big iron, SO MANY ROADS. 3 that i would love. the one that hurts the most is missing the return of BROKEN ARROW. wow. wow. wow. wow. still pumped for tonights show. seeing as its in eatons backyard and also taking into consideration the early show time, im going to predict tonights show will be an early 70's marathon. seeing as i doubt i will be hearing a days between tonight, i might have to listen to the song on repeat going to and from the show tonight, torturing the rest of the people that will mooch off me for a ride.

• Forum MVP
i am wondering what an "atonal loose jam" is?? what does that mean??

can you explain??

Think JoJ circa '97. Now THAT'S what I call a loose jam.

In all seriousness, DAMN I wish I lived on the East Cost right now. Or at least visiting. NYE is going to be................ :wacko:

Guest DEAD HEAD
i am wondering what an "atonal loose jam" is?? what does that mean??

can you explain??

I have to google it , but , for some reason and how that post reads , I dont thinks its a good thing .

• Forum MVP
Google says - :dsorocks:

Yup. I was just as excited when I saw this night's setlist as I was the previous night. To each his own. In my opinion, if you were to bring a 1st-timer to an elective show, that would be the deal! I think the fact that is is off-the-cuff playing would be a great way to experience DSO for the fist time.

If DSO's playing it, then I am diggin' it! :icon14::icon14:

Guest captain420

Wang Dang?

Please don't go back to this NORVA venue...I got kicked out,WEAK, before bird song and got back in during the jam with the flip of a coin after pleading with security...they want you to buy their booze, not a safer method of enjoyment.(missing colorado at that point) besides that the show was great and the crowd wasn't too bad....

Blow away was SICK...Barraco was ON.

Big Iron>jack-a-roe was fun..

Broken Arrow, my 1st, thank you Kevin! solo needed a boost..

Hurts me too...WOW! During this I remembered why I go to DSO shows..and why we are lucky to have Lisa and this great band.

Jack Straw,....hell yes! rob went out on the RUN on this, brought the energy up!

Viola was heavy!

EYES>EST,.pranqster workmanship..flip-flop

solomans was on!

Stephen>tell>11....whew! one man gathers!

SO MANY FUCKING ROADS!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful...couldn't ask for more.2 guitar solos that are bliss...

Lovelight,...Not enough Lisa.

end with U.S.???

Overall folks, badass shows...don't believe this kid spouting garbage...it's the real freakin' deal. - Cap

Guest crazy digits
I found this show to be a monumental disappointment, as did everyone I was with (I think I've seen all of DSO's shows here). The elective sets are a great opportunity for the band to play an interesting mix and to play those ineresting stand-alone songs--and also an opportunity to skip space>drums altogether. While there were some stand-outs, such as "Hurt me so" and nuggets like "Big Iron" there was way too many of the atonal loose jams--as one guy said, I'm ready to hear some music now. By the time they did space>drums the crowd started thinning out and was noticeably restless and bored. I'm glad I didn't bring someone to his first show for this one. But I'll still be there for the next one, with a re-tread on my feet, praying for better weather!

...as much as I respect your opinion...I will go the other way on this one...This show was a top 10 for me..of say 180 shows I've seen DSO do. The sound was impeccable, the energy blazing and the spirit everywhere.....and those young kids I hang out with..man, do they they know the music..you know who you are and it is a credit to you all, having never seen the GD..love you all...

The Jack Straw was the BEST I have ever send DSO perform..SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....and to see the crowd applaud Lisa after It Hurts Me Too was goose bump material...she is special...Love and Peace.

• Forum MVP

Wow.......I am sorry I missed this one. That second set is pretty much my "dream set"........heavy on the heavy.

I'll be there for NYE........hoping for much cosmic magic........bring on the weirdness.

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I agree with you; Jack straw was great and Hurts Me Too was bone-chillin'. "Eyes' was as good as ever. My comments were directed at the over-all show--too much of a style that doesn't appeal to me and the ones I was with (and we are Old Dudes). Now, for what they played, DSO was right on top of the game. The lights were better than last show here b/c they captured the Filmore pschydelia better than last years' high tech feel ala' Dave Mathews--nothing wrong with that but it's a different feel. A tune from Kingfish is a cool breeze. But give me the sounds of 1972 and I'll do nothing but smile smile smile.

To others: I like the elective sets, as I said. Just not this one overall

"Atonal" is a musical term. Jerry knew all about it.

...as much as I respect your opinion...I will go the other way on this one...This show was a top 10 for me..of say 180 shows I've seen DSO do. The sound was impeccable, the energy blazing and the spirit everywhere.....and those young kids I hang out with..man, do they they know the music..you know who you are and it is a credit to you all, having never seen the GD..love you all...

The Jack Straw was the BEST I have ever send DSO perform..SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....and to see the crowd applaud Lisa after It Hurts Me Too was goose bump material...she is special...Love and Peace.

Although I got ot the show after DSO started, I bought the new CD from The Bridge and it is really good, sounds a lot like the sub-dudes, but not quite the sound I remember from seeing them last year. I'm sorry I missed them and hope they get some good exposure from the tour.

• Forum MVP

Gotta love the Hurts me so and the space>drums that these 'old guys' saw.... :)

Guest captain420
and those young kids I hang out with..man, do they they know the music..you know who you are and it is a credit to you all, having never seen the GD..love you all...

who are these young kids you hang with papa? :D

love ya bix

• Forum MVP

while I haven't been to the Norva to see DSO play since 2004, I remember it as one of my favorite places to see DSO play. In fact, to this day, whenever Jonah sees the Norva on the schedule he asks me if we can go.

I think it's important to remember that certain "enjoyments" one might have, and considered completely harmless by most, is still ILLEGAL. You're absolutely right, they want you to buy their alcohol, but legally, if they could sell "other enjoyments" I'm sure they would. Ponder this, if the venue didn't sell alcohol how much more expensive would the ticket be? and would you pay it?

HAPPY 2009 EVERYONE!!!

I for one very much enjoyed the venues this run....... Richmond was OK...I do really dig the restored open-floor theatre situations..the crowd was probably the hardest crowd to deal with out of all of them but it really wasn't that bad- just tons of talkers. I also had the most killer migraine of my life going on which made it harder for me to deal with annoyances......think my brother is right-on with the draft beer theory.

I thought the norva was great....it got a little tight at moments, but then again I probably need more space than one should ask for when standing up front. The crowd was VERY young, but not overly drunk.

I think the Wellmont may be my favorite indoor venue in NJ. I went there expecting the usual raucous crowd and it was completely the opposite. I had no drunks around me, TONS of space, GREAT security guard in front of me watching out. Loved that show.

And of course there is the Ramshead which has always been a favorite....

• Forum MVP

thought that this venue was the worst, really took away from the show, but still this night was a great show. i absolutely loved the JStraw, Viola, Eyes, SoManyRoads. fun to see the 11 finally!! thank you Joe for the hospitality for the night, sorry we had to leave so early!

Archived