Springfield

kdubfan

• Forum MVP

OK kids I have to sit and rest my bones after this barn burning first set.

Yes count them 13 song first set.

It's a one drummer show. JK and Kevin switched sides.

I'm thinking it's a 73 show but I have been wrong before (don't tell anyone)

please don't post the show date till I post the 2nd set.

Here it is :

Promised Land

Row Jimmy

Black troated wind

Deal

Me and my uncle

Sugaree

LLR

Loose Lucy

Mexcalli Blues

Brown eyed women

El paso

Here comes sunshine

Playin

I love this place! It's so small and chill. So many children it makes me smile:):):)

much more to post on this show later :)

• Forum MVP

Lol... Thanks. I didn't see it :)

here is the rest of the show:

II

China/Rider

Jack Straw

They Love Each Other

Truckin

Eyes>

China Doll

Big River

Rambil on Rose

Box of Rain

Wave That Flag>

Sugar Mag>

SSDD>

Uncle Johns Band>

around around

2-9-73

E: Casey Jones

I think I heard the date right. OMG it was 29 songs and almost 4 hours of rock!

Highlights for me was Here Comes Sunshine, They Love Each Other, Eyes (crazy jamming!), China Doll, and a always fun Wave That Flag.

Sooo many songs sooo many good people.

I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to catch my next show. I'll be dreaming of dancing with you all till then.

JK was playin a Strat that I have not seen before and all I can say is WOW it sounded schweeeet !!!

• Forum MVP

Grate show last night in Springfied park..well worth the drive up from Georgia. I can't figure out if this was my third or forth show in this wonderful spot. Good to see and dance with so many friends...Brad, Big John, Mike and his son Keller, Angela and Mark, Teacher Matt had a can of Yenngling lager until Pescott's security crew spotted him and Matt seemed to fade away, my good friend Chicago Mike, Big Bill of Springfield, and Big Steve of Califorina, very nice to meet and chat with Dino's father in law,Bill, and of coarse the two beautifull energy filled ladies from Ft Wayne, Reece and SuzzeQ.

There were soo many songs...good danceing room up front in the first set...second set became a little tighter but not packed. I think my highlight was China Doll which was Suzze's first. thanks for sharing that song with me Suzze.

I think the show was said to be a April '73 (or did Rob say '71 ? ) California show. Diffently a long fun playtime....my 50th show.

Today Bess, Tim and I are starting to work our way back south (unless I can get away with setting the GPS for Buffalo instead) This afternoon we'll catch the Louisville Slugger baseball museum. Tuesday we got a personal tour of Phoenix Bats where exceptinally high quality baseball bats are made.

Peace, Love, Safe Travels, and Good Music for All

see ya' down the road

Doc

• Forum MVP

first time the Grateful Dead ever played row jimmy, loose lucy, here comes sunshine, eyes, china doll, wave that flag, and they love each other. I also think this is the first ever wall of sound show.

I only got to see 4 shows this summer but man were they good ones!!

By far the most fun I have had yet at shows. I will miss all of my friends I have made this summer.

I was very blessed to have made some very good ones this year. I hope to see you all very very soon!!!

and this would be the extremely famous Maples Pavillion show:

02-09-73 Roscoe Maples Pavilion, Stanford U., Palo Alto, Ca.

1: Promised, Row Jimmy, B. T. Wind, Deal, Me & My Uncle, Sugaree, L. L. Rain, Loose Lucy, Mexicali, B. E. Women, El Paso, H. C. Sunshine, Playin

2: China Cat> I Know You Rider, Jack Straw, TLEO, Truckin> Eyes> China Doll, Big River, Ramble On, Box Of Rain, Wave That Flag, Sugar Magnolia, Uncle John, Around

E: Casey Jones

"Beer Barrel Polka" tuning before "Mexicali" - first "China Doll" - first "Eyes" - first "H. C. Sunshine" - first "Loose Lucy" - first "TLEO" - first "Row Jimmy" - first "Wave That Flag"

In my opinion the BEST debut show, better than Capital Theater '71, or Swing '77

• Forum MVP

Last night was my 199 show... and I think I have to say it may have been my best... and that is sayin a whole heck of alot !!

I dont toss that best show stuff out ever... but I think I may have to for last night !!

I also will go on the record and say the crowd was the biggest... possibly the biggest I have ever seen DSO play in front off... and I have seen them at many venues...

FREE SHOW... AND YOU COULD TAKE A COOLER INSIDE !!!! .... "so we had that going for us"

The 5th year at the venue and the band and crew showed up...

I have always wanted to see DSO play that show..... Row Jimmy has always been one of my favorites.. if not favorite 1st set song... Loose Lucy was darn good... Truckin>Eyes was wicked !!! ... Box of Rain was right on... and any show that I can get an Uncle Johns Band & Casey Jones is one for the ages...

I may have to retire at 199 shows... on second thougt.... 200 here I come !!!

• Forum MVP
.... "so we had that going for us"

I may have to retire at 199 shows... on second thougt.... 200 here I come !!!

And the pants stayed on? That's a plus, too.

Denver 200? Getting loose while a mile high...

• Forum MVP
first time the Grateful Dead ever played row jimmy, loose lucy, here comes sunshine, eyes, china doll, wave that flag, and they love each other. I also think this is the first ever wall of sound show.

Actually, the first Wall of Sound show was February '74 at Winterland.

In my opinion the BEST debut show, better than Capital Theater '71, or Swing '77

Better than Swing Aud '77..........not quite sure that is possible.......bottom line is they are all DAMNNNNN GOOOODDDD ;)

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

What is kind of ironic is that on the drive down to the show yesterday afternoon the Grateful Dead channel was playin a debut show as well

2-22-74 from Winterland.. sick show...3 sets

SO I AM ASKING ANYBODY THAT HAS THESE 2 SHOWS AND CAN BURN THEM FOR ME IT WOULD BE AWESOME !!

2-22-74 & 2-9-73

"In my opinion the BEST debut show, better than Capital Theater '71, or Swing '77

Don't forget 10/19/71 (Minneapolis) -- first Jed, Jack Straw, Mexicali, Comes A Time, Saturday Night, and Ramble On Rose; or 6/3/76 (Portland) -- first Lazy Lightning>Supplication, Might As Well, Samson, and Wheel. I agree, though; 2/9/73 is the best debut show because of both the number and gravity of the tunes introduced. It rules that they covered this show.

Mark

Guest Ammagamalin Crew
Don't forget 10/19/71 (Minneapolis) -- first Jed, Jack Straw, Mexicali, Comes A Time, Saturday Night, and Ramble On Rose; or 6/3/76 (Portland) -- first Lazy Lightning>Supplication, Might As Well, Samson, and Wheel. I agree, though; 2/9/73 is the best debut show because of both the number and gravity of the tunes introduced. It rules that they covered this show.

Mark

Springfield is an unusual scene, it was difficult to find the landing place , but once there they left us to our own creations without any interference, the rocks and trees surrounding the place complimented the acoustics , several friends commented on how good the sound was last night, got to say .... seems like end of tour blues with this show in the past now.

• Forum MVP

Funny cause about the 2nd song I told this "VERY OLD LADY" ,that I was talking to, that I hate to see Rob K and Lisa not take a part or a bigger part in the show. That I was not a big fan of the one drummer shows and boy oh boy did I put my foot in my mouth!!!

This show was stunning !!!!

If I have to end my summer shows this is the way to go out!

Thanks everyone for an amazing summer

nice a.crew - forgot about the '76 show - that is a damn good one as well, don't knwo the minneapolis '71, but will listen

i just think that the eyes > china doll (both new) would of been mind blowing

• Forum MVP

This show was riduculously good.

Great show to recreate

Awesome venue...one of my fav's

Great Crowd

AC, NYC, Springfield....excellent mini DSO tour for me..

Next show will be #100 but don't know where it will be

What is kind of ironic is that on the drive down to the show yesterday afternoon the Grateful Dead channel was playin a debut show as well

2-22-74 from Winterland.. sick show...3 sets

SO I AM ASKING ANYBODY THAT HAS THESE 2 SHOWS AND CAN BURN THEM FOR ME IT WOULD BE AWESOME !!

2-22-74 & 2-9-73

Teacher Matt.....Instant message me sometime on here, I've got very high quality SBD's of both shows, believe i even have a 60 or 70 minute long soundcheck from 2-22-74 - would be happy to send them your way brother.

• Forum MVP

I don't have a single show of debuts that stands out in my memory, even though the debuts of Roads, Lazy River and Days Between in Oakland were all pretty powerful.

I have to go to a whole run at Alpine in '88 where we got the debut of Foolish, Blow Away, Take me Home and Believe it or Not (I may have forgotten one) stretched over 4 days (!). I remember absolutely loving these tunes at first listen--it's hard to imagine getting so many big songs debuted in a single show like 2/9/73.

I still remember the first time I heard the Eyes>China Doll from Stanford though--does that count?

• Forum MVP
02-09-73 Roscoe Maples Pavilion, Stanford U., Palo Alto, Ca........

"Beer Barrel Polka" tuning before "Mexicali" -......

Last night there was a bit of polka notes in there somewhere. I can't remember if it was in the sound check or just before the actual show started.

Funny cause about the 2nd song I told this "VERY OLD LADY" ,that I was talking to, that I hate to see Rob K and Lisa not take a part or a bigger part in the show. That I was not a big fan of the one drummer shows and boy oh boy did I put my foot in my mouth!!!

This show was stunning !!!!

If I have to end my summer shows this is the way to go out!

Thanks everyone for an amazing summer

I was floored by the one drummer 11-9-73 show in SR this past spring in Santa Rosa. If you are seeing multiple nights it's a treat to see one of these...They play them so in line with the era...awesome stuff and a tribute to the band in terms of diversification and sheer intimate knowledge of the repertoire in all its incarnations!

Guest Michael French

This was a great show in a wonderful venue with a mellow crowd. Well worth the drive. Thanks DSO and everyone who was there. The sound above the soundboard was the best! Thank you, Cameron (?)!

• Forum MVP
Teacher Matt.....Instant message me sometime on here, I've got very high quality SBD's of both shows, believe i even have a 60 or 70 minute long soundcheck from 2-22-74 - would be happy to send them your way brother.

Whoa??? Where's the love? I can't believe that Teacher Matt is the only kind soul who would love copies of those re-fucking-diculous shows :moon:

You know I'm only kidding.

Archived