Vick To The Eagles

bs69

I know, Brad. Cincy already has its own problems. As a huge Eagles fan, I'm certainly not happy. Besides the fact that he's scum for what he did to those dogs, it makes no sense on a football level. NcNabb is unquestionably the starting QB and with Westbrook and McCoy they're set at RB. How many trick plays can you run per game? How many times can you run the wildcat before the defenses catch on? Eagles management insists that they're doing it because he should get a second chance. Reid apparently was behind this because he feels compassion for Vick (Reid's sons got 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances after their well publicized problems). Theories postulated on WIP (the local sports talk station) are: 1) the team has lost faith in Kolb, and 2) they plan on getting Vick back into football condition and prove that he can still play. Then after this season they will trade him to a team in need of a QB for draft picks. I would prefer to see the second come true.

mixed feelings. there seems to be a little bit of panic in this move. since mini-camps have started we have had our DC pass away, lost our starting middle linebacker for the season, lost our back-up tight-end for the season, and suffered debilitating injuries to our back-up QB, FOUR of our five starting offensive linemen, our starting tight-end, our best defensive end, a back-up defensive end and tackle, ..... I could go on. point being that our roster has been DECIMATED with injuries, and we've played but one pre-season game. i believe if our pre-season hadn't been as unfortunate as it has, we would not have made this acquisition. desperate times call for desperate measures. enter micheal vick. for better or worse, he's wearing midnight green.

GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP
My team-Minn. Vikings definately need a QB to support a good running attack, but I'm glad it won't be Roger Vick,have to hope they find a gem in the draft to provide us a future!

Well, you didn't get one from the draft, and I'm not sure how much of a gem he is... <_<

Well, you didn't get one from the draft, and I'm not sure how much of a gem he is... <_<

I deleted the post you quoted after not being able edit the fact that I inadvertantly called Mr. Vick (Roger) instead of Micheal-oops(still better than the names he's been called lately!)

On to the Minn. Situation: Brett Favre showed promise in first half of season for the Jets, but soon faded-Expect the same from him in Minn.(Anxious to see how inter division games motivate Brett!)

Vikings are defiantely better off than only having Tavares Jackson,who had trouble winning any games let alone big games!

Let the season begin-Preseason just aint getting it done !

Peace,

Rob

Guest deadheadmike

gallery_3954_101_19682.jpg

Trixie The Wonder Beagle wants to say Michael Vick is a bad person very bad and he should have never abused , tortured and murdered mans best friend .

gallery_3954_101_19682.jpg

Trixie The Wonder Beagle wants to say Michael Vick is a bad person very bad and he should have never abused , tortured and murdered mans best friend .

Make sure Trixie gets to watch Micheal Vick taking some abuse himself as the defenders pour through the line & crush him(should he get any playing time with the Eagles)

The best thing about him being in Philly is:

Donovan Mcnabb should have plenty of incentive to stay healthy & keep Vick on the sidelines!

Peace,

Rob

Guest deadheadmike
Make sure Trixie gets to watch Micheal Vick taking some abuse himself as the defenders pour through the line & crush him(should he get any playing time with the Eagles)

The best thing about him being in Philly is:

Donovan Mcnabb should have plenty of incentive to stay healthy & keep Vick on the sidelines!

Peace,

Rob

Trixie is boycotting anything vick related and she don't like the eagles anyway , she's a JETS fan ... ;)

Defensive linebackers own and love dogs just like anyone else (except Vick) I cant wait to see him crushed... I believe in a second chance for most... a second chance at LIFE that is, not at Millions... the Eagles should be ashamed, and the will regret it I think.... the stuffed dogs will be flying on the field at away games!

Dubs_husky_football_player_Paul_Homer.JPG

no eagles-browns match-up this year. they played last year. i'd agree with the assesment that the chargers are stacked and have the on-field personnel to win it all, just can't wrap my mind around a norvert turner coached team winning the big one.

eagles v. patriots belichick outcoaches the fat man and the pats win their 4th of the decade :(

eagles to the superbowl, mckchoke and vick sharing snaps. comeback story....see you there.

chargers win the bowl though, its their year. :D

No offense intended, but

The only way the Eagles get to the Superbowl is if they buy a ticket!

I'd be shocked to see the lightning bolts make it also, but Eagles????????????????

Peace,

Rob

i'll be the first to admit i'm biased, but they (the eagles) did make it to the nfc championship game last year, they beefed up their offensive line by adding one of the best young left tackles in the game; whatever you think of vick, he is a dynamic weapon, and their defense was ranked third in the nfl last year. so yeah, ....the EAGLES! :P

i'll be the first to admit i'm biased, but they (the eagles) did make it to the nfc championship game last year, they beefed up their offensive line by adding one of the best young left tackles in the game; whatever you think of vick, he is a dynamic weapon, and their defense was ranked third in the nfl last year. so yeah, ....the EAGLES! :P

The loss of (Def. Coor.)Johnson on the sidelines will definately show up on the field!

Best wishes to the Eagles (They are the closest team to my house).

I just can't realistically see them repeating a trip to the NFC Championship game this season!

Maybe the pigskin gods will smile on them (the best horse don't always win the race)- 1980 was a long time ago & it would be sweet to see another Feb. parade in Philly!

I just ain't expecting it.

Peace,

Rob

no long-time, die hard eagles fan is holding their breath. just saying we're as capable as anyone, with maybe a little bit of wishful thinking thrown in as well. as for that february parade, well, that hasn't happened yet either. we lost to the raaaaaaaiiiiiders in '80 (and the pats in '04). last eagles championship- you have to go back to the 60-minuteman days of bednarik in 1960. ouch!

Archived