Hammerstein

August West

• Forum MVP

Some of my friends went to the show last night and it was an absolute nightmare down on the floor.People packed in like sardines couldn't move anywhere at setbreak.I've been to shows at the Hammerstein and it always seems to be way oversold.I hope this is a abberation, and the rest of the shows are not similiar.I'm just glad I decided to hold onto my Asbury reserved tickets and didn't decide to trade for Floor tix.I think Saturday in Asbury is going to be more of the same.BTW....if anyone has plans on going this evening without a ticket.....the asking price last night was 150$......and nobody was miracling.Peace.

• Forum MVP
Some of my friends went to the show last night and it was an absolute nightmare down on the floor.People packed in like sardines couldn't move anywhere at setbreak.I've been to shows at the Hammerstein and it always seems to be way oversold.I hope this is a abberation, and the rest of the shows are not similiar.I'm just glad I decided to hold onto my Asbury reserved tickets and didn't decide to trade for Floor tix.I think Saturday in Asbury is going to be more of the same.BTW....if anyone has plans on going this evening without a ticket.....the asking price last night was 150$......and nobody was miracling.Peace.

I wouldn't judge the difficulty of tickets based off of the NYC Hammerstein show. I think the Wallingford show will be a much easier ticket.

Oversold is an understatement!

I think the problem is related to the venue not a sign of Furthur selling too many tix.

Balcony is the only way to avoid the chaos-Sticklers for tix to go to Balcony.

A couple from AZ. was chatting with us for a few hours @ the rail before show started & by the 2nd set-left(claustrophobia ???).

The idiots rushing the front after arriving late were bad enough,but then to remark "I'm amazed we made it to the front row!"- Sometimes a crowd can be too nice!

One incident of a 2nd set pusher being thrown to the ground-no fist ,so it was all good!

In any event, grate show last night, hoping for the same tonight!

Peace,

Rob

• Forum MVP

I don't see in his post where he said "all tickets" would be difficult like you stated in the Wallingford situation... I see NYC is a tough one...

BUT... if they perform like I hear they did last night (I had some scouts in the crowd) then the Wallingford as well as all shows will be a tough ticket ..

and speaking of Wallingford... it sounds like a sweater... "hey I got a nice Wallingford from my Grandma ... I think I will wear it to the country club function."

I wouldn't judge the difficulty of tickets based off of the NYC Hammerstein show. I think the Wallingford show will be a much easier ticket.

• Forum MVP
I don't see in his post where he said "all tickets" would be difficult like you stated in the Wallingford situation... I see NYC is a tough one...

BUT... if they perform like I hear they did last night (I had some scouts in the crowd) then the Wallingford as well as all shows will be a tough ticket ..

and speaking of Wallingford... it sounds like a sweater... "hey I got a nice Wallingford from my Grandma ... I think I will wear it to the country club function."

I will let you know after Friday night.

Is there assigned seating in asbury?Think it's just bleachers.Hopefully not oversold...

• Forum MVP

Good one TM....

....or fancy antique English furniture... "hey, is this the china from the Wallingford?"............. LOL

Good one TM....

....or fancy antique English furniture... "hey, is this the china from the Wallingford?"............. LOL

TIX were that much for people that ain't been around remember tix are 80 dollars face .I had a blast with alot of room looking forward to tonight

• Forum MVP

SOOOOOOO Crowded. No real room to move and dance. Just stationary dancing and rocking, but made the most of what little room I had.

I got up really close during the intermission, and even though i had some horrible cottonmouth, i mean dying for thirst, i didn't want to give up my spot. I'd never make it back. Stayed there for the entire second set. Didn't have a drink of water from 5:30 til 12. Anything for the boys though!

SOOOOOOO Crowded. No real room to move and dance. Just stationary dancing and rocking, but made the most of what little room I had.

I got up really close during the intermission, and even though i had some horrible cottonmouth, i mean dying for thirst, i didn't want to give up my spot. I'd never make it back. Stayed there for the entire second set.

Who were you in front of?

Was directly in front of JK 1 back from the rail(near Kimberly-only person I saw @ show from this forum).

Leaving @ set break to smoke was a huge mistake-couldn't get out into smoking lounge & battle back to the front was ridiculous!

Going tonight?

Peace,Rob

• Forum MVP

Was about 7 rows of people back from Phil.

edit: no i can't go tonight, wish i could, too much school work. I shall be in full effect for Sunday though. Gonna try and scoop as many Furthur Tix as possible when they go on sale

Is there assigned seating in asbury?Think it's just bleachers.Hopefully not oversold...

Now that the Hammerstien shows are over , I'll attempt to clear up the overselling issue!

It had nothing to do with the band or venue itself-The clowns @ the door abused thier power!

It was a very organized operation-I'm sure they pocketed thousands ,both nights letting people thru the doors!

Hammerstien is a place to avoid in the future,If they had to evacuate that place,I wonder how many would be trampled in the stampede?

Looked like over 4000 wedged in there last night!

Peace,

Rob

Remember the promoters creed............THERE AIN'T NO SUCH THING AS A SOLD OUT SHOW

If the fire marshalls are looking the other way most venues will cram as many people in as they can.

Thats what made The Mother Hips shows in Austin last weekend such a treat. Usually when I see them in San Francisco or the bay area the places are jammed packed but at Emo's in Austin there were less than 200 people and no talkers. One of the best shows I've been to in a long long time.

At 47yrs I'm too old to be crammed in such tight spaces. Thats why the DSO shows at the Fillmore weren't my favorites......I felt like a sardine in there. Although I would have been the first in line at the 19Broadway Club if I still lived in San Francisco.

• Forum MVP
TIX were that much for people that ain't been around remember tix are 80 dollars face .I had a blast with alot of room looking forward to tonight

Although I hate this term its apropos here.....Dave your so "hetty" I can't stand it! :rofl: BTW.....how did it go last night?Oh nevermind.

Archived