Pt Luv 4 Jk

diggerlit

In the past, John was frequently called "Fake Jerry" on the Pantasy Tour message boards. Lately, he always is referred to as John, JK, etc. And more than a few people have requested the proper pronunciation of his last name. There's no more denying the fact that John channels Jerry's spirit.

I think I'm starting to understand some of the reasons JK left DSO. As humble as he may be-when you are at the top of your game for many, many years, recognition is very well deserved. John is one of a kind and a special soul who is the very best at what he does.

Us DSO fans have known this stuff for years. It's become time to share JK with the masses.

I've corrected people on the Philzone many times... not to say "Fake Jerry"... Honestly one of the biggest things that bothers me in general even outside the GD universe.

I've seen your corrections. But the interesting thing is that even though they are still doing it, they are starting to do it with begrudged respect.

From the Phil Zone: "Sounds like that Fake Jerry guy is the MVP of the last three shows. Without FJ Bob and Phil would sound tired and boring just like the last tour."

I've seen your corrections. But the interesting thing is that even though they are still doing it, they are starting to do it with begrudged respect.

From the Phil Zone: "Sounds like that Fake Jerry guy is the MVP of the last three shows. Without FJ Bob and Phil would sound tired and boring just like the last tour."

JK is the man .IF Phil and BOBBY dont let him be JK it will be BORNING . HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL. PEACE DAVE P.S. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE DSO NEW YEARS SHOWS.

JK is the man .IF Phil and BOBBY dont let him be JK it will be BORNING . HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL. PEACE DAVE P.S. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE DSO NEW YEARS SHOWS.

JK is the man----snoeff said!!!BUT most of us would be seeing Bob and Phil with whoever they were playing with.This is a long term relationship (longer than some of your marrages) and we are not about to break up now!!!

Having JK on top of his game is a triple extra BONUS!!!!!!We are very lucky!!!!

Guys I agree that using the word "fake" is derogatory and most likely deliberately inflammatory, BUT seriously, how many of us would be going to see this band if JK "coincidentally" sang and played guitar like Lindsey Buckingham.

It's not unreasonable for anybody who, even artfully and respectfully makes his living musically by sounding very, very much like JG to invite some sort of criticism from such a devout community.

2cents.

Guest deadheadmike
most of us would be seeing Bob and Phil with whoever they were playing with.This is a long term relationship (longer than some of your marrages) and we are not about to break up now!!!

Well , thats not true for me ... I am only interested in Furthur because of JK and I would really prefer for him to be in DSO , this is my taste and my feelings , no disrespect meant to Bob and Phil or anyone on this board that feels the need to champion the rights of said musicians ... I love Bob and Phil because they were in the Grateful Dead and would attend their individual bands shows under the simplest of circumstances like a very close show w/ easy drive on a weekend , but , I could have went the rest of my life without seeing a RD show or P&F show or anything else they put together except for Furthur w/JK ... My show attendance from the year 2000 till today is - 1 Phil & Friends , 2 Rat Dog , 2 Dead w/ Joan Osborne , 36 DSO shows with the first show on 12/30/07 , 4 Furthur and I'm completely positive that I wont see 36 Furthur shows in the next 2 years but the shows I do see will only be because JK is in the band ... and yes JK is the man !!!

• Forum MVP
Well , thats not true for me ... I am only interested in Furthur because of JK and I would really prefer for him to be in DSO , this my taste and my feelings , no disrespect meant to Bob and Phil or anyone on this board that feels the need to champion the rights of said musicians ... I love Bob and Phil because they were in the Grateful Dead and would attend their individual bands shows under the simplest of circumstances like a very close show w/ easy drive on a weekend , but , I could have went the rest of my life without seeing a RD show or P&F show or anything else they put together except for Furthur w/JK ... My show attendance from the year 2000 till today is - 1 Phil & Friends , 2 Rat Dog , 2 Dead w/ Joan Osborne , 36 DSO shows with the first show on 12/30/07 , 4 Furthur and I'm completely positive that I wont see 36 Furthur shows in the next 2 years but the shows I do see will only be because JK is in the band ... and yes JK is the man !!!

Pretty much ditto here. I consciously chose to not attend any of the post-Jerry incarnations several years ago. The 4 or 5 that I tried sucked. Since that time I've caught at least 60 DSO shows.

Hence, I am only going to see Furthur in Feb '10 because of our man JK.

Oh, and I also like Lindsey Buckingham......she's awesome. :D

• Forum MVP
Lindsay Buckingham is most definitely a man, but he is awesome! ;)

He was born near Palo Alto, California too!

Not to presume to speak for someone else, but I took the comment as riffing on my little Buckingham Nicks pic...Stevie in her prime was about hot as it gets! :cheers:

JK is the man----snoeff said!!!BUT most of us would be seeing Bob and Phil with whoever they were playing with.This is a long term relationship (longer than some of your marrages) and we are not about to break up now!!!

Having JK on top of his game is a triple extra BONUS!!!!!!We are very lucky!!!!

THATS NOT TRUE FOR ME.SEEN WELL OVER 250 GD SHOWS ,THE OTHER ONES,THE DEAD AND NOW FURTHUR IT'S ABOUT TIME PHIL AND BOBBY REALIZE THAT JK IS THE CLOSES THING WE WILL EVERY HAVE AGAIN TO JG. FURTHUR CAN GO PLACES THAT NONE OF THE OTHER BANDS HAVE GONE AFTER JERRY LEFT US . IMO THAT IS ONLY IF THEY LET JK DO HIS THING . ALSO SEEN WELL OVER 100 DSO SHOWS BUT WHOS COUNTING .PEACE DAVE

FURTHUR CAN GO PLACES THAT NONE OF THE OTHER BANDS HAVE GONE AFTER JERRY LEFT US . IMO THAT IS ONLY IF THEY LET JK DO HIS THING .

I also could not agree more with DeadHeadMike. JK is the heart and soul of the Grateful Dead legacy for me. And as far as letting JK do his thing, I feel my initial fears were not justified. This tour has been amazing. We have heard JK singing TLEO, Deal, Althea, Candyman, Wharf Rat, Help on the Way, China Cat, Scarlet->Fire, Shakedown, Bertha, Ship of Fools, Dire Wolf, Golden Road, Doin that Rag, and Ruben and Cherise. I can deal with the shared songs. As a matter of fact, I really love when Phil sings "looks like the old man

Guest Ammagamalin Crew
Lindsay Buckingham is most definitely a man, but he is awesome! ;)

He was born near Palo Alto, California too!

Ahhh... land of the FROSTY FLAKES!

I get annoyed by the Fake Jerry comments on other boards, but I also get annoyed when people here treat DSO like it's the center of the universe, practically forgetting that the real Grateful Dead existed. None of this music would ever have existed if it weren't for the boys and Donna in the Good Ol' Grateful Dead.

Guest deadheadmike
but I also get annoyed when people here treat DSO like it's the center of the universe, practically forgetting that the real Grateful Dead existed. None of this music would ever have existed if it weren't for the boys and Donna in the Good Ol' Grateful Dead.

Some of us here have seen the Grateful Dead many many times and hold them near and dear to our hearts ... some here have never seen the Grateful Dead and also hold them near and dear to their hearts and are able to do so thanks to the incredible amounts of written , video and music recording archives , AND, DSO ... a BIG thanks to DSO for giving us old guys the opportunity to relive the music we love ... a Big thanks to DSO for showing the young guys how it was , and in the DSO way , how it should have been with the Grateful Dead by producing consistent HIGH QUALITY MUSICIANSHIP , thus showing RESPECT to the MUSIC and appreciation to their FANS at each and every DSO show ... Don't be annoyed because some of us are able to appreciate at a HIGHER LEVEL what DSO is able to do with the music that we ALL love and because we are able to hold them near and dear to our hearts just as we do the Grateful Dead ... don't be annoyed about what you read here regarding our LOVE for DSO and perhaps what you see as a lack of acknowledgment to the band that started it all back in the 60's , know that we are all Deadheads here , but remember , this is the DSO Forum and DSO ROCKS... ;):)

Guest Ammagamalin Crew
Some of us here have seen the Grateful Dead many many times and hold them near and dear to our hearts ... some here have never seen the Grateful Dead and also hold them near and dear to their hearts and are able to do so thanks to the incredible amounts of written , video and music recording archives , AND, DSO ... a BIG thanks to DSO for giving us old guys the opportunity to relive the music we love ... a Big thanks to DSO for showing the young guys how it was , and in the DSO way , how it should have been with the Grateful Dead by producing consistent HIGH QUALITY MUSICIANSHIP , thus showing RESPECT to the MUSIC and appreciation to their FANS at each and every DSO show ... Don't be annoyed because some of us are able to appreciate at a HIGHER LEVEL what DSO is able to do with the music that we ALL love and because we are able to hold them near and dear to our hearts just as we do the Grateful Dead ... don't be annoyed about what you read here regarding our LOVE for DSO and perhaps what you see as a lack of acknowledgment to the band that started it all back in the 60's , know that we are all Deadheads here , but remember , this is the DSO Forum and DSO ROCKS... ;):)

This ain't Jethro Tull's forum?

• Forum MVP
Well , thats not true for me ... I am only interested in Furthur because of JK and I would really prefer for him to be in DSO , this is my taste and my feelings , no disrespect meant to Bob and Phil or anyone on this board that feels the need to champion the rights of said musicians ... I love Bob and Phil because they were in the Grateful Dead and would attend their individual bands shows under the simplest of circumstances like a very close show w/ easy drive on a weekend , but , I could have went the rest of my life without seeing a RD show or P&F show or anything else they put together except for Furthur w/JK ... My show attendance from the year 2000 till today is - 1 Phil & Friends , 2 Rat Dog , 2 Dead w/ Joan Osborne , 36 DSO shows with the first show on 12/30/07 , 4 Furthur and I'm completely positive that I wont see 36 Furthur shows in the next 2 years but the shows I do see will only be because JK is in the band ... and yes JK is the man !!!

+1

+2

Well said my friend :dsorocks:

Archived