Obama's First Year

bs69

• Forum MVP

Satisfied that Obama "helped stop the bleeding" ... by doing what giving money to big business and bailing them out... the average American sure did not get to much help... the average American being you, me, your next door neighbor, etc

Satisfied that "two wars will end in his first term" (mind you it will be his only term)... come on.. he has increased troops, deaths have increased, and attacks in the Middle East have increased... he is not ending nothing... U.S. Foreign Policy is not geared that way..

Satisfied about the health insurance... that is nothing bunch of bull.... time will tell what this great "health insurance" scam will show... mark my words...

Satisfied about environmental loop holes... that is funny since Obama went to China and they basically blew coal smoke up his rear end and he took it like a little school girl....

I wil say this... he has at least one person fooled...

I don't know what i made it to be but, I am extremely satisfied that millions more americans will recieve health insurance. I am satisfied that obama helped stop the bleeding in the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. I am satisfied that there will be an end of two wars within his first term. I am satisfied that many of the environmental loop holes that Bush and his cronies pushed through have been overturned.

Right direction in year one.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
Who will be forced to buy health care? Give me some stats here? How will it work from your perspective? How would you have handled the wars? Your right, Copenhagen was a failure but there are other nations involved that had to buy into cutting emissions, and China, India and other "developing nations" were unwilling to make that type of commitment. After health care gets passed and the economy continues to stabilize, Obama will push hard for a cap and trade system on emissions.

It's easy to say Obama is letting you down, play Monday morning quarterback, saying he didn't do this, he didn't do that in year 1, but how would you have liked to see him handle health care? the wars? the enviornment? the economy? Sounds like the right- criticize everything Obama does and come up with no solutions on how to handle the problems that plague us.

I think that the government should stay out of health care for the most part. If it were up to me, I would come up with a plan that covers children up to the age of 18 and seniors over 65. Everyone in between (excluding disabled people) would have to fend for themselves, hopefully acquiring health care thrrough their employer. I think we should stay on the same pull out schedule that we have been on in Iraq. I think that Afghanistan is hopeless. We need to cut our losses and get the hell out of there. I think we are on the right track with the environment. The amount of progress that has been made in my lifetime (40 yrs.) is incredible. I think if people have a viable option, they will choose the path that does not harm the environment. We need to continue our efforts to recycle and find new sources of energy. It will happen because it has to. The economy is tricky. I feel that the right thing to do was take our lumps and let it recover on it's own. Our materialistic ways built up this economy and the most materialistic among us are hurting the worst right now. Bailing those folks out was not the right thing to do. People who were fiscally responsible and have cash on hand are in a great position right now.

My point is not to rip on Obama, just to point out that he has not accomplished what he said he would. He said what he needed to say to get elected and now realizes that it is not practical. We don't have the money! You cannot get the money without raising taxes and raising taxes now would cripple any recovery for the economy. The only answer is to reduce the size of government and hand some responsibility and freedom back to the people.

• Forum MVP
I think that the government should stay out of health care for the most part. If it were up to me, I would come up with a plan that covers children up to the age of 18 and seniors over 65. Everyone in between (excluding disabled people) would have to fend for themselves, hopefully acquiring health care thrrough their employer. I think we should stay on the same pull out schedule that we have been on in Iraq. I think that Afghanistan is hopeless. We need to cut our losses and get the hell out of there. I think we are on the right track with the environment. The amount of progress that has been made in my lifetime (40 yrs.) is incredible. I think if people have a viable option, they will choose the path that does not harm the environment. We need to continue our efforts to recycle and find new sources of energy. It will happen because it has to. The economy is tricky. I feel that the right thing to do was take our lumps and let it recover on it's own. Our materialistic ways built up this economy and the most materialistic among us are hurting the worst right now. Bailing those folks out was not the right thing to do. People who were fiscally responsible and have cash on hand are in a great position right now.

My point is not to rip on Obama, just to point out that he has not accomplished what he said he would. He said what he needed to say to get elected and now realizes that it is not practical. We don't have the money! You cannot get the money without raising taxes and raising taxes now would cripple any recovery for the economy. The only answer is to reduce the size of government and hand some responsibility and freedom back to the people.

Different opinion's on governments role in healthcare and the evironment. I do not believe the mantra that the market or capitalism will fix itself.

I believe at the end of eight years, obama will be looked upon as one of the best presidents in history; only time will tell.

• Forum MVP
Different opinion's on governments role in healthcare and the evironment. I do not believe the mantra that the market or capitalism will fix itself.

I believe at the end of eight years, obama will be looked upon as one of the best presidents in history; only time will tell.

I hope your right because we really need a great president right now!

• Forum MVP

WORD!

• Forum MVP
there will be an end of two wars within his first term

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. As we learn anew with each changing of the uberpuppet, promises are not action. Neither one of those wars is over yet and us walking away won't end them either. Afghanistan got the nickname "Graveyard of Empires" the old fashioned way, by standing up to empires. Likewise the phrase "land war in Asia" exists for a reason.

• Forum MVP
Satisfied that Obama "helped stop the bleeding" ... by doing what giving money to big business and bailing them out... the average American sure did not get to much help... the average American being you, me, your next door neighbor, etc

Satisfied that "two wars will end in his first term" (mind you it will be his only term)... come on.. he has increased troops, deaths have increased, and attacks in the Middle East have increased... he is not ending nothing... U.S. Foreign Policy is not geared that way..

Satisfied about the health insurance... that is nothing bunch of bull.... time will tell what this great "health insurance" scam will show... mark my words...

Satisfied about environmental loop holes... that is funny since Obama went to China and they basically blew coal smoke up his rear end and he took it like a little school girl....

I wil say this... he has at least one person fooled...

aren't you the one that on the bottom of your screen name makes outlandish predictions usually about Ohio State, but if I remember correctly, but swore that Obama wouldn't get elected in the first place?? Make the call now after yeat one, Obama won't get a second term???!!!

Archived