Koyaanisqatsi

VincentPuleo

• Forum MVP

I'm sure many have seen this film, but I just saw it for the first time and am at loss for words...

directed by Godfrey Reggio..

score by Phillip Glass...

ironic how they're advertisements in the middle, but that just goes to show how it has gotten... there is no narrative, many things can be drawn from it. I think it shows to a certain point how some people have truly lost touch with their souls, which is hard to avoid living in a modern world like this one...

Koyaanisqatsi

• Forum MVP
I'm sure many have seen this film, but I just saw it for the first time and am at loss for words...

directed by Godfrey Reggio..

score by Phillip Glass...

ironic how they're advertisements in the middle, but that just goes to show how it has gotten... there is no narrative, many things can be drawn from it. I think it shows to a certain point how some people have truly lost touch with their souls, which is hard to avoid living in a modern world like this one...

Koyaanisqatsi

yes, i saw it........25 years ago? i think i was in college. still pertinent today.

• Forum MVP

You should check out Baraka if you haven't seen it. Also equally amazing.

My friend showed Koyaanisqatsi to me a few years ago. He saw it on a list of "ten movies to get high to"... i was blown away. I'll still watch twice a year, either as a nice mind exploration or just a nice background visual and audio.

The music by P. Glass is exquisite, been getting more and more into "classical" music lately... Mahler, Brahms, Bruckner.

• Advisory Board
Teacher Matt, you should show this video to your class on day where you had a late night from dancin to GD music and do not have a lesson planned..

I used to love "Filmstrip" day... never understood why the teachers looked so groggy and pissy that day... then as I grew into a fine, upstanding, young man, I quickly learned that the teachers were just hungover...

• Forum MVP
I used to love "Filmstrip" day... never understood why the teachers looked so groggy and pissy that day... then as I grew into a fine, upstanding, young man, I quickly learned that the teachers were just hungover...

Just have a school assembly, show the 8 hour "War and Peace" and call it a day.

Archived