Single Drummer Start To The Winter Tour?

Muddy Waters

Don't mean to be a budinski...but will it be status quo in terms of show announcements?

That is will the Band give out any intel on potentially how much time Dino will miss on the Winter tour if any...

By no means am I implying we are entitled to know in advance..I was just curious..as I cant recall a previous single drummer original show, although I'm sure there has been one..

And I know there was some talk of doing a few Europe 72 shows in succession...

Or perhaps Dino will be back behind the Kit in Minny?

Guest Lisacat
Man that was a special show skipped and looked over by many.

It certainly was special- I remember quite a few people who were rather upset they missed it. I believe there were 4 of us who made it.

• Forum MVP
It certainly was special- I remember quite a few people who were rather upset they missed it. I believe there were 4 of us who made it.

The few, the proud, the fortunate! Set, setting, and set list were one of the best!

• Forum MVP

It was just unfortunate that several others that had been on that tour skipped Hilton Head because they thought it to be too far out of the way. I think that was a NC to SC back NC weekend.

Guest Lisacat
It was just unfortunate that several others that had been on that tour skipped Hilton Head because they thought it to be too far out of the way. I think that was a NC to SC back NC weekend.

yup...but funny thing was Hilton Head was the Sat show...more people showed up the next night to Raleigh...and by that point I think ALL of us, band included, were whipped.

Guest Rob Eaton

All I will say is we are very excited for the start of the tour. Dino just had a baby so we can't ask him to come out right away. He will join the tour but to start we will be without Dino. Lets just say we will be doing some things we have never done..........

Guest Mind Of A Squirrel
All I will say is we are very excited for the start of the tour. Dino just had a baby so we can't ask him to come out right away. He will join the tour but to start we will be without Dino. Lets just say we will be doing some things we have never done..........

I know Dino usually handles the Billy parts, but if DSO knows exactly how many shows will be played in Dino's absence, you could do the '74 run clear up to 10/20 and the return of Mickey at Winterland... That would be kind of neat... then cap it all off with a crazy Blues For Allah '75 show.

• Forum MVP
I know Dino usually handles the Billy parts, but if DSO knows exactly how many shows will be played in Dino's absence, you could do the '74 run clear up to 10/20 and the return of Mickey at Winterland... That would be kind of neat... then cap it all off with a crazy Blues For Allah '75 show.

Damn! I was thinking the same thing. The quintet period was so special, why let this go to waste? Plus, I'm on my way to the Vic, so there's some selfishness at work here.

Another consideration: Jerry never let having kids stop him from touring! (kidding - it's a modern world.)

• Forum MVP

cool Rob! thanks for the insight. :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

that would be really cool... have Dino come in near the end of the show on the Playin' or Johnny Be Good whatever it was...

speaking of those shows.. I still think those are the most balanced and amazing grateful dead recordings quality wise... I guess that had to do with it being a film..

Mystery Dance for 100 Alex...Thanks for the Update...

I'm leaning towards thinking Dino will not be back quite yet for St. Louis...

Early 70's would be off the hook if that is the case...

Understanding we will miss the hometown guy...

• Forum MVP

I can't wait until the vic,never been there,never been to chicago, should be nice & balmy this time of the year> but in reference to what Rob Eaton said I'm really looking foward to something alittle different .Also never met Arm who is from them parts ,hopefully he'll be at the shows.

Archived