Man On The Moon, But No Live Streaming?

Dr. Vapor

• Forum VIP

I am very frustrated when I see set lists at shows that I wish I could have gone too but " cant do it all " as some of my good friends say, so I am sitting home Saturday wondering if there was a way in 2010 ( Yes 2010, WTF) to watch a video of a show live over the internet, for a fee of course, hell I already get Netflixs, why not Liveshows.com, everytime we have tried it the process fumbles, freezes locks up no audio some BS, I am very frustrated and I have not had my coffee this morning also....I am not the most computer savvy person but please someone from Berkeley or Stamford fix this process and solve what seems to be a simple problem for us......thanks Dr. Vapor...

Guest deadheadmike

I agree Dr.V ... It would be nice to see the shows that I can't get to in a quality stream on my pc with no freezes , loss of sound or that annoying stuttering ...

• Advisory Board

I am very frustrated when I see set lists at shows that I wish I could have gone too but " cant do it all " as some of my good friends say, so I am sitting home Saturday wondering if there was a way in 2010 ( Yes 2010, WTF) to watch a video of a show live over the internet, for a fee of course, hell I already get Netflixs, why not Liveshows.com, everytime we have tried it the process fumbles, freezes locks up no audio some BS, I am very frustrated and I have not had my coffee this morning also....I am not the most computer savvy person but please someone from Berkeley or Stamford fix this process and solve what seems to be a simple problem for us......thanks Dr. Vapor...

Angry...

i was talking to a guy last night at the fairfax show and he said the phishheads are already doing it. they have multiple phone cameras going, and if one goes down they go to another. it is here. it is the modern-day equivalent of the unheard-of taping policy that the dead allowed 4 decades ago. it can

Easy Big Brown.....

i was talking to a guy last night at the fairfax show and he said the phishheads are already doing it. they have multiple phone cameras going, and if one goes down they go to another. it is here. it is the modern-day equivalent of the unheard-of taping policy that the dead allowed 4 decades ago. it can't be stopped and should be supported on all fronts. it will perpetuate the music and increase the fan base, the same as our beloved cassettes of yore. (beloved or not, god bless the ipod!!!)

taper ron, amigo, wouldn't you love to be the first dead forum to offer live streams? there is money to be made... maybe you could leave your day job

Sullivan Hall does it..

What about iclips.net?

Ustream has the technology, its usually the permission of the artists, people can stream from their iphones too, its just that again, you need the permission, all you need is a video camera with firewire capability, a firewire cord, and a laptop that can get internet connectivity in the venue, and its even better when you have a input from the soundboard, and a good soundcard :D

Archived