Dark Star Orchestra & Furthur At The All Good Festival

VincentPuleo

• Forum MVP

Finally, someone announces a festival with a can't miss line-up. DSO, Furthur, YMSB, Cornmeal, etc all in the same place, the same weekend. I, for one, will definitely be heading to Allgood the weekend after Gfest this year. I have been to Allgood a few times and I have always had a blast. Now, with the best line-up I have seen from a festival in a while, I am really excited to return to the Mountaintop.

Any chance John plays with DSO for a few songs? Or maybe Robbie plays with Furthur and Bobby with DSO.

The All Good Festival is in West Virginia, July 8-11 I believe... I am very happy to see Dark Star and Furthur playing the same festival...

Cornmeal, Femi Kuti, Lotus and a few others will be playing as well...

• Forum MVP

Any chance John plays with DSO for a few songs? Or maybe Robbie plays with Furthur and Bobby with DSO.

that would be epic. Has Rob ever played with Phil or Bobby?

Btw, Furthur is playing the "Naveta Festival" in Maine a few days before... sounds awesome.

• Forum MVP

I would have to agree. Furthur is playing Nateva the weekend before. They will probably string some kind of tour into these festival stops and I would look for Furthur to be playing a show somewhere other than Allgood the night DSO plays. This could also be true of DSO. They may have a tour from Gratefulfest to Allgood.

• Forum MVP

I would have to agree. Furthur is playing Nateva the weekend before. They will probably string some kind of tour into these festival stops and I would look for Furthur to be playing a show somewhere other than Allgood the night DSO plays. This could also be true of DSO. They may have a tour from Gratefulfest to Allgood.

Yes, hopefully the DSO July tour of Ohio will be back after G-fest this year :D

Guest Charlene

Just a suggestion to those who are lucky enough to go to this fest:

Must SEE band is Cornmeal .... no kidding, one of the best traveling acts in America right now. I'd skip almost anyone else on that bill to catch 'em

• Forum MVP

Must SEE band is Cornmeal .... no kidding, one of the best traveling acts in America right now. I'd skip almost anyone else on that bill to catch 'em

Thankfully, at allgood, there is no need to skip anyone because there are no overlapping sets.

• Forum MVP

Really? They are that good?

• 1 month later...

cornmeal is damned good...i wouldn't miss dso or panic for them.... but they are all awesome.. oh you were kidding.. you've seen them.. oh well.. mr slow to get the joke chuck.. tk

i'm psyched silly to see lotus.. we've never seen them... anyone doing the vip tent, me and rebx are guest bartending for Rex Foundation for Allgood

• Forum MVP

cornmeal is damned good...i wouldn't miss dso or panic for them.... but they are all awesome.. oh you were kidding.. you've seen them.. oh well.. mr slow to get the joke chuck.. tk

i'm psyched silly to see lotus.. we've never seen them... anyone doing the vip tent, me and rebx are guest bartending for Rex Foundation for Allgood

I come out of DSO shows wringing wet from dancing, with the hugest grin. I come out of Cornmeal rode-hard-and-hung-up-wet lathered, with the hugest grin. They are the other band I travel to see...cheers.gif

Guest Rob Eaton

DSO is going setting the bar very high for the All Good..... It's our chance to show that there is many different ways to look at this wonderful catalogue of music. Since the schedule came out our crew has been telling us we need to bring our A game as they call it. Needless to say we have to define what it is we do that warrants having both Furthur and DSO on the same bill. The good news is we get to go first.....

• Forum MVP
Needless to say we have to define what it is we do that warrants having both Furthur and DSO on the same bill. The good news is we get to go first.....

It's the figure skating of the Dead olympics! Just avoid the sequined costumes and land a few quads....like you do all the time!

Guest Lisacat

Needless to say we have to define what it is we do that warrants having both Furthur and DSO on the same bill.

I wouldn't worry about it....you've got a few things that they'll never have wink.gif here's one:

_GYH4229.JPG

(not that this should be viewed as a competition...there's room enough on the playground for everyone)

• Forum MVP

Giddy up indeed. I haven't wanted to go to a festival, other than Grateful Fest, for quite some time. All Good should be freakin awesome. I say, set up two stages on opposite ends of the area, so the crowd can just do a 180 and let them go at it song for song. Not that its really a competition or anything. Can't wait to hear those shows and definitely can't wait to hear the reviews.

Love it Robbie ! I might have stated this before , but a lot of this stuff stinks but man oh man a lot of this is GRATE ! That fire is what we feed on , on the DANCE floor . That fire has never burned so brightly ! Its a beautiful thing ! Jeff clearly is the MAN , but I do hope you guys find that FIRE with Stu as well ! He's got it ! GAME ON buddy , game on !!!! Good luck out there kid !!!!

A

• Forum MVP

DSO is going setting the bar very high for the All Good..... It's our chance to show that there is many different ways to look at this wonderful catalogue of music. Since the schedule came out our crew has been telling us we need to bring our A game as they call it. Needless to say we have to define what it is we do that warrants having both Furthur and DSO on the same bill. The good news is we get to go first.....

Thanks for your reply Rob. Definitely set the bar high, and come out swinging! To be honest with you though, I have yet to see a DSO show that you didn't bring your "A GAME" to. You guys (and gal) still rock the Dead the best in my opinion. Wish I could make this All Good Festival. I just know with all the excitement, etc - you guys are gonna blow 'em away! Best of luck to you Rob! I know the huge following of Starheads will also be there fueling the fire and making it easy for you to do what you do best!

dsorocks.gif

I wouldn't worry about it....you've got a few things that they'll never have wink.gif here's one:

_GYH4229.JPG

(not that this should be viewed as a competition...there's room enough on the playground for everyone)

Guest deadheadmike

Just do your thing and bring that DSO magic to the stage at All Good and the Love will happen ... you guys and gal have all our Love and support here , and that DSO magic is only going to bring more loving fans into the fold this year !!! :)

:dsorocks:

Archived