Orange Peel, Asheville, Nc 2/18/10

Guest Hootdaddy

Guest Hootdaddy

Great show. Jeff Mattson was terrific. I saw him last probably five years ago or more, and he's really advanced his technique and tone. Rob's singing was terrific...both Rob's, I should say. I had this tape for years and always loved it.

Rob B came out at the end of drums and did some nice work.

Lisa came out and sang a gospel number as filler, don't know the name of the tune, but the refrain included "bless my soul." She killed it; a great ending to a great evening.

I guess I've seen about a dozen DSO shows now, maybe 20 even. This one was right up there. I loved John's work and was frankly a little worried about Jeff, but need not have been. He really has a gift for taking the jams out there--a very pleasant surprise.

On to Charlotte!

Notes:

final "Cryptical" - final/last "Nobody's Fault": 05-04-81 [295]

Set List:

Feel Like a Stranger

They Love Each Other

Little Red Rooster

Dire Wolf

Cassidy

Big Railroad Blues

Music Never Stopped

Don't Ease Me In

Cryptical Envelopment

The Other One

Eyes of the World

Don't Need Love

drums

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Truckin'

Smokestack Lightnin'

Comes a Time

Turn on Your Love Light

Baby Blue

Guest crazy digits

Great show. Jeff Mattson was terrific. I saw him last probably five years ago or more, and he's really advanced his technique and tone. Rob's singing was terrific...both Rob's, I should say. I had this tape for years and always loved it.

Rob B came out at the end of drums and did some nice work.

Lisa came out and sang a gospel number as filler, don't know the name of the tune, but the refrain included "bless my soul." She killed it; a great ending to a great evening.

I guess I've seen about a dozen DSO shows now, maybe 20 even. This one was right up there. I loved John's work and was frankly a little worried about Jeff, but need not have been. He really has a gift for taking the jams out there--a very pleasant surprise.

On to Charlotte!

Notes:

final "Cryptical" - final/last "Nobody's Fault": 05-04-81 [295]

Set List:

Feel Like a Stranger

They Love Each Other

Little Red Rooster

Dire Wolf

Cassidy

Big Railroad Blues

Music Never Stopped

Don't Ease Me In

Cryptical Envelopment

The Other One

Eyes of the World

Don't Need Love

drums

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Truckin'

Smokestack Lightnin'

Comes a Time

Turn on Your Love Light

Baby Blue

Was at the original GD show...and what a show it was!! Starlight is a fantastic venue! One of my top five!

• Forum MVP

the filler by Lisa was Strange Man...and man, she wailed....

all in all, a great show...

my only complaint: too much parkin' on the dance floor by folks standin' about...

the score: sakada=0, other folks' spilled beers=3....LOL

A very good show indeed! I was quite winded by the end....JM can be tough to keep up with when the trottle is down. I was too perplexed by the floor dwellers with cement shoes.......go figure. Not that the shows on this tour have not been anything but excellent.......however......I think the next 2 nites at Charlotte are going to seriously bring it. Just a feeling. Hopefully, they will have something left for Raleigh on Sunday. I think last year they played Raleigh right after Hilton Head and there was not a whole lot left in the tank.

466e39f6.jpg

The day before this show I bought a very cheap flight,car and show tix. Glad I did! Each and every song reached beautiful peaks. Jeffrey's guitar scales are a breath of fresh air and his voice is amazing. I love and appreciate his contributions with DSO. This show was most definitely a Jerry show but all the other players made signifigant contributions.

Drums was as good as I've heard. They pulled them all out for this one and made all of that setup worth it. Took there time building it up and kept us there for a hood while. Very relaxing for me. Barraco joined the fun and transitioned it to a killer Nobodys Fault But Mine. Kevin dropped his payload durring Truckin and I loved that! Brian worked hard setting the mood all night with limited resources and really nailed it durring Baby Blue. Just exquisite and a fine lighting job. Seems like when Lisa comes out everybodys pulse starts to climb above 72. Well it was a beautiful song and am sure old timers could testify she did it justice.

Slept in a cold hard bed, flew back to Daytona then picked up a girlfriend and drove back up to NC and am skiing all weekend at Beech. Strange indeed.

Archived