Houston 3-4-10

chuckvegas

I heard it on good authority that there was a show last night at the Houston HOB. Any setlist info that could be shared, or is it just another one of life's many unanswerable mysteries?

heard they are loving it. Down there. Trying to find out now.

Well, shit-fire! How you not love the Lone Star Republic? I sure dug my 10+ years there. Fajitas and senoritas...yee fuckin' hah!

Time to go back tomorrow for a quickie...

The Donkey And The Texan

By grimgold

Young Chuck moved to Texas and bought a donkey from a farmer for $100.00. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. The next day he drove up and said,

• Forum MVP

Well, podner, I sho nuff did work (if y'all kin call it that) for the gubmint. But they didn't cotton too much tomahrunning off all the time to hang with the live donkeys, so I had to let the job go. Took me some time off, got my head straight (or sumthin lak that) and then turned to that there private sector I heard so much about.

Peter Gibbons: I uh, I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.

Joanna: You're just not gonna go?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah.

Joanna: Won't you get fired?

Peter Gibbons: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go.

Joanna: So you're gonna quit?

Peter Gibbons: Nuh-uh. Not really. Uh... I'm just gonna stop going.

Joanna: When did you decide all that?

Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago.

Joanna: Oh, really? About an hour ago... so you're gonna get another job?

Peter Gibbons: I don't think I'd like another job.

Joanna: Well, what are you going to do about money and bills and...

Peter Gibbons: You know, I've never really liked paying bills. I don't think I'm gonna do that, either.

• Forum MVP

Well, podner, I sho nuff did work (if y'all kin call it that) for the gubmint. But they didn't cotton too much tomahrunning off all the time to hang with the live donkeys, so I had to let the job go. Took me some time off, got my head straight (or sumthin lak that) and then turned to that there private sector I heard so much about.

Peter Gibbons: I uh, I don't like my job, and, uh, I don't think I'm gonna go anymore.

Joanna: You're just not gonna go?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah.

Joanna: Won't you get fired?

Peter Gibbons: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go.

Joanna: So you're gonna quit?

Peter Gibbons: Nuh-uh. Not really. Uh... I'm just gonna stop going.

Joanna: When did you decide all that?

Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago.

Joanna: Oh, really? About an hour ago... so you're gonna get another job?

Peter Gibbons: I don't think I'd like another job.

Joanna: Well, what are you going to do about money and bills and...

Peter Gibbons: You know, I've never really liked paying bills. I don't think I'm gonna do that, either.

Show me your -O- face...pieces of flair....okay I am going to need you to come on in and work on Saturday...okay? Great, thanks....didn't you read the memo? Office space...one of the best ever.

Guest scotty b

I don't remember all the songs or the exact order of the sets, but the following songs were played and it went something like this:

Set I: Terrapin-> Let it Grow-> Cold Rain & Snow,Lazy River Road, Samson & Delilah, Cats Under Stars, Lazy Lightning-> Supplication

Set II: Viola Lee Blues (insane jam before last verse!), Lost Sailor-> Saint of Circumstance, Lonesome and a Long Way from Home, Drums, Space, World to Give, Sugar Magnolia

E: Werewolves of London, Sunshine Daydream, Tangled Up in Blue

• Forum MVP

I don't remember all the songs or the exact order of the sets, but the following songs were played and it went something like this:

Set I: Terrapin-> Let it Grow-> Cold Rain & Snow,Lazy River Road, Samson & Delilah, Cats Under Stars, Lazy Lightning-> Supplication

Set II: Viola Lee Blues (insane jam before last verse!), Lost Sailor-> Saint of Circumstance, Lonesome and a Long Way from Home, Drums, Space, World to Give, Sugar Magnolia

E: Werewolves of London, Sunshine Daydream, Tangled Up in Blue

Wow. If that's the setlist, that's a serious show. Thanks!

Setlist Corrections.

Set I: Terrapin-> Let it Grow-> Cold Rain & Snow, Lazy Lightning-> Supplication, Lazy River Road, Queen Jane Approximately, Cats Under Stars, Samson & Delilah,

Set II: Viola Lee Blues (insane jam before last verse!), Lonesome and a Long Way from Home, Lost Sailor-> Saint of Circumstance, Drums, Space, World to Give, Sugar Magnolia, Tangled Up in Blue

E: Werewolves of London, Sunshine Daydream

Overall, a terrific show. The venue, sound, audience and vibe were all good. Thanks to the band. I hope they come back soon.

• Forum MVP

that looks like another absurdly good elective set. What a beautiful mix of 60s, 70s, 80s and JGB. Can't wait to hear some of these shows...put em on nugs, I'll pay for them!!!

Archived