Jackie Greene Phil & Friends Story...

VincentPuleo

• Forum MVP

My 12 year old daughter made some killer white chocolate fondue for my 10 year old son's birthday party yesterday. We dipped pretzels in it. Holy shit it was good!!!!

That's what I'm talking about! cheers.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Lighten Up Francis. :)

Don't get your panties in a wad over little stuff.

There are much bigger things to worry about.

Jack it's so funny that right when I read that dudes post all I could think of was that line from Stripes.

Any of you homos call me Francis... and I'll kill you :):):)

Great story perfect place for it..Completely on point with the spirit of what the Grateful Dead is all about....

Without Phil Lesh...DSO would never have existed in the first place..Glad both of them exist..very grateful for that/..

Fishman...I'm not scared to say it..

Don't get you Knickers in a Twist over such trivial nonsense as someone referencing Jackie Greene's very on point story on the general discussion page...

I COULD have said Panties in a Bunch..but opted for restraint...

Guest deadheadmike

I'm not really sure why this is considered inflamatory. Is it the reference to panties? Are you serious?

Okay, please consider this rephrasing of my original post.

Please don't get your briefs in a wad over such trifles.

Or perhaps, Please don't get your underthings in a wad over such trifles.

Or maybe, Please don't get your unmentionables in a wad over such trifles.

Would this get the seal of your approval?

I'm sorry, If the word trifles is offensive I'll have to break out my thesaurus.

Regardless Mike, I will consider my infraction of board etiquette and refrain from furthur undergarment references.

Jack , my reply wasn't meant to insult your integrity ... it was more about the timing and phrasing of your post ... sometimes it's best to let the fire fizzle and burn out instead of adding more wood , that's all ... Peace

Guest deadheadmike

Jack it's so funny that right when I read that dudes post all I could think of was that line from Stripes.

Any of you homos call me Francis... and I'll kill you smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Hey Mike , that dude (fishman)your talking about happens to be a very big fan of DSO and was recently marrried at a DSO show , he is good friends with quite a few of the same people that we are friends with , and his post was meant with all good intentions ... Love ya my Brother smile.gif

The story was all about how great Deadheads are and what a community we have thanks to the efforts and talents of Jerry, Bobby, Phil, Mickey, Billy, Keith, Brent, Pigpen, Robert Hunter, John Perry Barlow, etc etc etc. Insulting anyone in the original Dead family is a slap in the face of everything I believe in, and everything that this community stands for.

If that's your idea of good intentions, I don't know what else to tell you.

Jack , my reply wasn't meant to insult your integrity ... it was more about the timing and phrasing of your post ... sometimes it's best to let the fire fizzle and burn out instead of adding more wood , that's all ... Peace

Mike, I've no worries and I understand your point completely. Thanks for the wise advice about letting the fire burn out instead of adding fuel. Sometimes we all need reminders...

Peace

Very good point Sister!

There's been quite a bit of unimaginable stuff going on here lately-I know it's been a very stressful time for the band(and it's fans)!

But lately this place is downright disappointing! As I typed that ,I wondered who will be the first to encourage me not to let the door hit me in the ass as I leave, but typed it anyway!

The music never stopped impressing me , but the B.S. is starting to grow old !

Wishing DSO & Furthur all the best,

Rob

By the Way.............................................. :dsorocks:

I would hope that everyone stays cool through this sometimes difficult period of transition we all are experiencing. Yes, things have been different here and I think we can (must?) expect something other than business as usual. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be disappointed or discouraged but instead I say we need to stick together all the more. If we walk off we lose our voice in the discussion. If you are the voice of reason then you need to be heard.

Guest deadheadmike

jerrygarcia1.jpg

:wub:

There are times when you can beckon,

There are times when you must call.

You can take a lot of reckoning,

But you can't take it all.

There are times when I can help you out,

And times when you must fall.

There are times when you must live in doubt

And I can't help at all.

Three blue stars rise on the hill

Say no more now just be still

All these trials soon be past

Look for something built to last

A wind held by the collar,

Yes, a cloud held by the breeze

You can walk on coals of fire

But sometimes you must freeze

There are times when you offend me

And I do the same to you

If we can't or won't forget it

I guess we could be through

One blue star sets on the hill

Call it back you never will

One more star sinks in the past

Show me something built to last

Built to last till time itself falls tumbling from the wall

Built to last till sunshine fails and darkness moves on all

Built to last while years roll past like cloudscapes in the sky

Show me something built to last and something built to try

There are times when you get hit upon

Try hard but you cannot give

Other times you'd gladly part

With what you need to live

Don't waste your breath to save your face

When you have done your best

And even more is asked of you

Fate will decide the rest

All the stars are gone but one

Morning breaks here comes the sun

Cross the sky now sinking fast

Show me something built to last

Guest deadheadmike

Remember guys... Everyone knows how this small corner in the Grateful Dead forum world is different than most. Saying "F**k Phil, John, and Furthur" is completely wrong and resorting to the ways of ratdog.org in mindlessness. This was just supposed to be a nice story but ever since Furthur came to be it seems like everything not directly related to Dark Star Orchestra is "disrespectful" or a "slap in the face" to the band...

This story tells of the spirit that DSO does such an amazing, mind-blowing, other worldly good job at carrying on...

:dsorocks:

Yup , I see this thread was moved ... it is a nice little read and many of us here are the faithful that stood in the rain ... I think I got poured on at every Giants Stadium show along with all the other crazy shit you had to go through to make it through a show at times , all worth it ... sorry my good friend fishman hit the high emotion button and went berserk on the thread ... I beleive his intentions were meant to play out much better than they did and I would say that he didn't read the story, but , his motive was only to support DSO , I'm sure of that ... you'll see for yourself that he and we are all good deadheads at the Wellmont , I believe we'll all be there , as a matter of fact , I'm positive we'll all be there , cause DSO ROCKS the Wellmont !!!

I would only like to add that the addition of the other bands forum is gobbling up bandwidth like a ravenous monster and possibly causing some of the technical issues we've noticed on the forum lately ... though this little slice of heaven is a Godsend , the Big Man upstairs shines through us only in the many words of wisdom we post here ( only kidding Lord ) and leaves the paying of the bills our full responsibility ... there is a donation button at the bottom of the main page of the forum , everyone please help support the place you love ... Phil and Bob , if your reading this , no donation is too small ...

Guest deadheadmike

Or too large...

And I will probably be sharing that fine fine Wellmont ambiance myself...cool.gif

Or too large is right !!!

The Wellmont dance floor and all us New Jersians welcome you with open arms ... :)

• Forum MVP

Or too large is right !!!

The Wellmont dance floor and all us New Jersians welcome you with open arms ... smile.gif

Thanks, buddy! I have many happy memories of Jersey shows, and look forward to many more. But none stand out quite like the Starland...

And let's talk about So Cal...I'm coming that way too...

Guest deadheadmike

Thanks, buddy! I have many happy memories of Jersey shows, and look forward to many more. But none stand out quite like the Starland...

And let's talk about So Cal...I'm coming that way too...

Chuck , the So Cal shows are gonna be GREAT , I can't wait !!! I believe we'll have a pretty good size group of Starheads representin' out West ... fun times ahead !!!

• Forum MVP

I'm not a big fan of the Wellmont.The security there is over the top.. and parking is a pain in the ass... and 20$ to boot.I like the NJ PAC in Englewood much better.. although it seems it has been dropped from the rotation.Never forget that last Wellmont show though when Eaton dedicated the Bird Song to Tara. That was the 87 Garden show with La Bamba... which I believe is the first and last time DSO performed it.

• Forum MVP

I'm not a big fan of the Wellmont.The security there is over the top.. and parking is a pain in the ass... and 20$ to boot.I like the NJ PAC in Englewood much better.. although it seems it has been dropped from the rotation.Never forget that last Wellmont show though when Eaton dedicated the Bird Song to Tara. That was the 87 Garden show with La Bamba... which I believe is the first and last time DSO performed it.

But Greg ,its always a blast down front no matter where it is .

• Forum MVP

which I believe is the first and last time DSO performed it.

this was my second Dark Star show... I was never aware the Grateful Dead did that until that night. The Terrapin was amazing.. I wish there was a recording out. I believe the date was 5/29/09

Guest deadheadmike

Never forget that last Wellmont show though when Eaton dedicated the Bird Song to Tara. That was the 87 Garden show with La Bamba... which I believe is the first and last time DSO performed it.

I remember Eaton's dedication of Bird Song to Tara , it was very heartfelt and made the show special ... so I'll expect to be holding down the front of the stage with ya ... ;)

I'm not a big fan of the Wellmont.The security there is over the top.. and parking is a pain in the ass... and 20$ to boot.I like the NJ PAC in Englewood much better.. although it seems it has been dropped from the rotation...

We all have our different experiences of venues, but could we really be talking about the same place Gregie? I'm so sorry security and parking were a hassle for you. I've seen two DSO shows there and I LOVE the Wellmont! Can't wait to be back there May 22! The security made an impression on me because I never noticed it :] ...and this pretty, historic theater to me is good vibes,...warm, friendly, and safe, whether dancing on the floor or escaping to the lush velvety balcony, a playground for Grateful Dead music where I can fly free and be home...

Check out the side streets across from the theater, where there are residential neighborhoods which seem to have ample parking. You could also park for free at the train station, which is about a seven-minute walk from the theater.

On the other hand, I had a very different (psychically cold) experience of Bergen PAC and feel I won't go back, and the sound there seemed hollow and metallic. Aside from the Wellmont, a second Jersey favorite is the State Theater in New Brunswick, another pretty, historic theater with warm vibes. It can get super crowded, but I'd love DSO to return there...

Guest deadheadmike

We all have our different experiences of venues, but could we really be talking about the same place Gregie? I'm so sorry security and parking were a hassle for you. I've seen two DSO shows there and I LOVE the Wellmont! Can't wait to be back there May 22! The security made an impression on me because I never noticed it :] ...and this pretty, historic theater to me is good vibes,...warm, friendly, and safe, whether dancing on the floor or escaping to the lush velvety balcony, a playground for Grateful Dead music where I can fly free and be home...

Check out the side streets across from the theater, where there are residential neighborhoods which seem to have ample parking. You could also park for free at the train station, which is about a seven-minute walk from the theater.

On the other hand, I had a very different (psychically cold) experience of Bergen PAC and feel I won't go back, and the sound there seemed hollow and metallic. Aside from the Wellmont, a second Jersey favorite is the State Theater in New Brunswick, another pretty, historic theater with warm vibes. It can get super crowded, but I'd love DSO to return there...

Hey Kimberly !!! I agree , we all come away from the venues with a different experience , some really match up well with our comfort zone ... I enjoy the Wellmont also and would love a DSO return to "The State Theater" and the venue of my first DSO show " The Count Basie Theater " !!! See you at the Wellmont My Darling ...:)

Archived