April Tour

Guest deliverance

Guest deliverance

Is this the best you could all give us ?

These reviews are pretty damn piss poor , totaly lacking in information and show no excitment at all .

Even the titles for the threads " Last Night" ,come on , what about date and venue name , its not rocket science .

I'm just calling it like I see it . You are not giving us ticket holders for upcoming shows this month anyhting to excite us about the shows and are doing nothing to create excitement to promote more ticket sales for the rest of this tour , and this is an important tour and year for DSO .

Put the pot pipe down , wake up and smell the coffee and try to create some sizzle for DSO because this forum is selling more tickets for Furthur than DSO , and because of this , Futhur is going to kick our favorite bands ass into oblivion .

Bttom line , create excitement and sizzle about DSO and you create TICKET SALES and tickets sales create a demand for DSO .

If this thread is thought to be offensive or out of line , please delete it .

• Forum VIP

I am giving everyone a break on the lack of communication, because of the HIGH altitude in Colorado....but I agree more is expected by the fans who are not able to travel to these shows., ecpecially with a new guitar player on the tour,,...just my two cents,,,..Dr. V

• Forum MVP

These reviews are pretty damn piss poor , totaly lacking in information and show no excitment at all .

Even the titles for the threads " Last Night" ,come on , what about date and venue name , its not rocket science .

I'm just calling it like I see it . You are not giving us ticket holders for upcoming shows this month anyhting to excite us about the shows and are doing nothing to create excitement to promote more ticket sales for the rest of this tour , and this is an important tour and year for DSO .

Put the pot pipe down , wake up and smell the coffee and try to create some sizzle for DSO because this forum is selling more tickets for Furthur than DSO , and because of this , Futhur is going to kick our favorite bands ass into oblivion .

Bttom line , create excitement and sizzle about DSO and you create TICKET SALES and tickets sales create a demand for DSO .

You want sizzle? Ok, Saturday's DSO show was fantastic. Very representational of a typical stellar DSO show. Everyone played with energy from the heart, smiles all around, new and interesting "back/forth" licks between Eaton and Stu and some schweet harmonies between Barraco and Stu. No, Stu's not John, but he's Stu and he brings something new to DSO. Was the 2nd night better in my eyes than the first, YES. Can we all stipulate that DSO has played over 1700 shows. Let's say that again....SEVENTEENHUNDRED SHOWS!!!! (Remember that's only 600 shows less than the Grateful Dead played) Stu has played 4 DSO shows. Give Stu a chance, remember he's not John, he's STU ALLEN and he's got GAME!!!! Now, what was really neat to observe was that fact that the crowd really accepted Stu into the Starhead Clan with open arms, whops, cheers, and lots of applause. Really looking forward to what they bring next!!!

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY STU!!!!

There was sizzle, there was fun, there was excitement, and there's gonna be a lot more of it.

• Forum MVP

I NEED MY DSO FIX!

It's sad for me to say the last time I was able to see the band was this past Gratefulfest. The reviews the band got once Jeff took the stage were massive. Now I know with the band writing new songs and looking to grow that JM should be around for some time but I did think that with Stu filling in we would have a lot of folks posting large reviews just like when JM joined the band. Strange....

I for one don't think Furthur and DSO are competing for ticket sales. It's apples and oranges to me. Yes I love DSO and I'll see them when I can. I will also see Furthur when I can but one don't take away from the other as far as I can see it. I find it sad to see a few people who have split feelings about the two bands. Furthur is the best thing Bob and Phil have done post Grateful Dead and we know that for a fact BUT we DSO fans also know DSO is the ONLY ones who do it the way it should be done. I have been lucky enough to see DSO many many times and I'll never stop rockin out to them every chance I get weather it's live or slammin a CD in my truck and going on a long drive. I think it's high time everyone stops this DSO vs Furthur thing and just support our kind of music any way we can! So I say go to as many shows as you can, turn up the tunes, smile and enjoy then do it all over again!!!

All I know is it's a good time to be a Grateful Dead fan! Enjoy it!

Now kids.... I wanna hear more about Stu :)

(thanks Looky)

Same old story...I know its been told. This shouldn't be offensive to anyone, except the further rats that think its ok to post every little nugget about a further show on the DSO website. Most people here don't understand the business side, they wonder....."why can't we co-exist?". Becasue its a business and further is trying to take DSO's fanbase. Once you realize that, then its not so hard to understand why people are making statements like above.

Peace Love and Ticket sales!

Support DSO....they are better and deserve it more!

• Forum MVP

Same old story...I know its been told. This shouldn't be offensive to anyone, except the further rats that think its ok to post every little nugget about a further show on the DSO website. Most people here don't understand the business side, they wonder....."why can't we co-exist?". Becasue its a business and further is trying to take DSO's fanbase. Once you realize that, then its not so hard to understand why people are making statements like above.

Paranoia......there's more than enough abundance to go around.......really.

I NEED MY DSO FIX!

It's sad for me to say the last time I was able to see the band was this past Gratefulfest. The reviews the band got once Jeff took the stage were massive. Now I know with the band writing new songs and looking to grow that JM should be around for some time but I did think that with Stu filling in we would have a lot of folks posting large reviews just like when JM joined the band. Strange....

I for one don't think Furthur and DSO are competing for ticket sales. It's apples and oranges to me. Yes I love DSO and I'll see them when I can. I will also see Furthur when I can but one don't take away from the other as far as I can see it. I find it sad to see a few people who have split feelings about the two bands. Furthur is the best thing Bob and Phil have done post Grateful Dead and we know that for a fact BUT we DSO fans also know DSO is the ONLY ones who do it the way it should be done. I have been lucky enough to see DSO many many times and I'll never stop rockin out to them every chance I get weather it's live or slammin a CD in my truck and going on a long drive. I think it's high time everyone stops this DSO vs Furthur thing and just support our kind of music any way we can! So I say go to as many shows as you can, turn up the tunes, smile and enjoy then do it all over again!!!

All I know is it's a good time to be a Grateful Dead fan! Enjoy it!

Now kids.... I wanna hear more about Stu :)

(thanks Looky)

Na, na, na, na, na, na,na....na, na, na, na HEY STU.....Second show was as good, as the first show was awkward. I was thoroughly impressed with not just him, but Rob Barraco is sick, sick, sick. Stu gots talent. The second show (Boulder, 4/10) was the real deal. Enjoy any + all shows on tour.

• Forum MVP

You must be joking.... You think they are out to get DSO's fan base???? So in your eyes that must be the ONLY reason they asked JK to join Furthur. If it's all about the money and ticket sales then why have ticket prices not gone way up?

I am still gonna say it's about the music and not the money or tryin to steal fans.

Can't you just be happy that we have much music to fill the air?

I know some folks are getting upset about Furthur stuff being posted on here but this is the place where everyone first got excited when JK joined Furthur. Lots of us were sayin "maybe now the haters on other forums will give JK and DSO the respect they deserve". CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??? For me it's ALWAYS been about the music. To hell with all the rumors and bashing. I'm not sayin your bashing but it seems like you have a slanted view. I don't like everything that Furthur does but I am enjoyin all the music out right now. Try to be happy and enjoy as much music as you can.

Just my 2 cents. I'm not tryin to offend you at all. You have the right to see things the way you want. I just hope the music keeps a smile on everyones face.

• Forum MVP

Na, na, na, na, na, na,na....na, na, na, na HEY STU.....Second show was as good, as the first show was akward. I was thoroughly impressed with not just him, but Rob Barraco is sick, sick, sick. Stu gots talent. The second show (Boulder, 4/10) was the real deal. Enjoy any + all shows on tour.

Yes. Amen. Thank you.

There were indeed "Stu" chants the second night. And his voice shone on BEW. The Masterpiece after it was one of the greats, too. And the entire second set appeared to be the culmination of a four-show gelling process. The Dear Mr. Fantasy > Hey Jude was something to behold - psychedelia followed by a happy audience singalong. As for the Tangled Up in Blue - a showcase for Stu!

It's gonna be all right.

• Forum VIP

[Now were talking, good feedback, and some energy in the room...I think there are a lot of people looking for updates on how things are going, and the good reviews I heard from Colorado will help bring out fans in Oregon, Washington and Cali....there are a lot more people listining to reviews these days and our band needs our support in these tough economic times. Dr. V

Becasue its a business and further is trying to take DSO's fanbase.

No disrespect but that notion is simply ridiculous and bizzare.... the original members of the Grateful Dead in a conspiracy theory to steal the DSO fanbase....that's a good one....you think Bobby and Phil are hurting for cash..and have engaged in a targeted effort of thievery...Awesome Concept...DSO it a touring machine with 44 shows scheduled between now and August 1...(fantastic btw as you can see them in all types of venues both inside and out)

Furthur......14....

Do the Math...Don't think there is a whole of theft involved.....

Cue Invasion of the Body Snatchers....Am I Acting strangely to you.?.....Yep I could not keep my eyes open fell asleep and my body and mind are now all Further all the time...Be Careful DSO fans of falling asleep...

Be very careful...(lol)

I think the Tent is plenty big enough for everyone to groove to the music.of both bands and im sure most everyone does with the exception of the trolls. .A long those lines I came across these comments on Music....and its meaning:

The Top 50 Music Quotes of All Time:

"Music, the greatest good that mortals know, And all of heaven we have below." -- Joseph Addison

"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness." --Maya Angelou

"Music is either good or bad, and it's got to be learned. You got to have balance." -- Louis Armstrong

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Berthold Auerbach

"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul." --Johann Sebastian Bach

"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." -- Ludwig van Beethoven

"Music - The one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend." -- Ludwig van Beethoven

"Music can change the world. " -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

"Music can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable." -- Leonard Bernstein

"Music has to breathe and sweat. You have to play it live. " -- James Brown

"Music is well said to be the speech of angels." -- Thomas Carlyle

"All music comes from God." -- Johnny Cash

"If you learn music, you'll learn most all there is to know.

" -- Edgar Cayce

"Music is nothing separate from me. It is me... You'd have to remove the music surgically. " -- Ray Charles

"Good music is good no matter what kind of music it is. " -- Miles Davis

"There is no feeling, except the extremes of fear and grief, that does not find relief in music." -- George Eliot

"You are the music while the music lasts." --T. S. Eliot

"We need magic, and bliss, and power, myth, and celebration and religion in our lives, and music is a good way to encapsulate a lot of it. " -- Jerry Garcia

"Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife." -- Kahlil Gibran

"When people hear good music, it makes them homesick for something they never had and never will have." -- Edgar Watson Howe

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossile to be silent." -- Victor Hugo

"The history of a people is found in its songs." -- George Jellinek

"Music is the vernacular of the human soul." -- Geoffrey Latham

"It requires wisdom to understand wisdom; the music is nothing if the audience is deaf." -- Walter J. Lippmann

"Just as certain selections of music will nourish your physical body and your emotional layer, so other musical works will bring greater health to your mind." -- Hal A. Lingerman

"Music is the harmonious voice of creation; an echo of the invisible world." -- Giuseppe Mazzini

"Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously." -- Henry Miller

"I started making music because I could." -- Alanis Morissette

"Music helps you find the truths you must bring into the rest of your life. " -- Alanis Morissette

"Music is spiritual. The music business is not. " -- Van Morrison

"Like everything else in nature, music is a becoming, and it becomes its full self, when its sounds and laws are used by intelligent man for the production of harmony, and so made the vehicle of emotion and thought." -- Theodore Mungers

"Without music life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

"In music the passions enjoy themselves." -- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

"Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." -- Charlie Parker

"Music should be something that makes you gotta move, inside or outside. " -- Elvis Presley

"It's the music that kept us all intact, kept us from going crazy. " -- Lou Reed

"The music business was not safe, but it was FUN. It was like falling in love with a woman you know is bad for you, but you love every minute with her, anyway." -- Lionel Richie

"Music should never be harmless." -- Robbie Robertson

"Give me a laundry list and I'll set it to music." -- Gioacchino Antonio Rossini

"All music is important if it comes from the heart. " -- Carlos Santana

"Music is the key to the female heart." -- Johann G. Seume

"The best music... is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with. " -- Bruce Springsteen

"All I try to do is write music that feels meaningful to me, that has commitment and passion behind it." -- Bruce Springsteen

"In music one must think with the heart and feel with the brain." --George Szell

"When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest." -- Henry David Thoreau

"For heights and depths no words can reach, music is the soul's own speech." --Unknown

"Most of us go to our grave with our music still inside of us." --Unknown

"I believe in the power of music. To me, it isn't just a fad. This is a positive thing." -- Eddie Vedder

"Music at its essence is what gives us memories. " -- Stevie Wonder

"There's a basic rule which runs through all kinds of music, and of an unwritten rule. I don't know what it is. But I've got it." -- Ron Wood

I was somewhat surprised there were no first person reviews considering a new tour and new guitarist. I'll be seeing DSO this Friday in Portland and 4 times at the end of the month. I'll be posting about these shows. Looking forward to seeing all my friends on the road.

I was somewhat surprised there were no first person reviews considering a new tour and new guitarist. I'll be seeing DSO this Friday in Portland and 4 times at the end of the month. I'll be posting about these shows. Looking forward to seeing all my friends on the road.

Guest deliverance

Stu just got to remember thats DSO behind him , not the shwag and step up . They'll (DSO) learn his ass quick ! Big change by SF, guarenteed .

• Forum MVP

My understanding from the usual reliable sources is that there has already been a change, from Aspen to the second Boulder show! No one phoned anything in that night! I'm looking forward to checking weekend-by-weekend the undeniable growth of this incarnation. Especially since this is going to be on Stu's turf...cheers.gif

And thanks from this side of the rail for being on top of the setlists!

[Now were talking, good feedback, and some energy in the room...I think there are a lot of people looking for updates on how things are going, and the good reviews I heard from Colorado will help bring out fans in Oregon, Washington and Cali....there are a lot more people listining to reviews these days and our band needs our support in these tough economic times. Dr. V

Support DSO!!!!!

kdubman

Bobby said they were trying to build a fan base in his recent interview with CNBC. Who is their fanbase? Deadheads. Which band (w/out a surviving member of the original GD) has been playing GD music before further "INCORPORATED", has the biggest fanbase? Seems logical to me.....but we all have them. Just remember, they have the right, you have the right.....we all have the right!

Support DSO!!!!!

kdubman

Bobby said they were trying to build a fan base in his recent interview with CNBC. Who is their fanbase? Deadheads. Which band (w/out a surviving member of the original GD) has been playing GD music before further "INCORPORATED", has the biggest fanbase? Seems logical to me.....but we all have them. Just remember, they have the right, you have the right.....we all have the right!

Arch,

Please don't try & reason with some folks around here....They will continue to look @ this situation with Rose colored glasses ...In Ex "It's all good...blah,blah,blah

Because......

they have the right, you have the right.....we all have the right!.............ALL GODS CHILDREN GOT RIGHTS

Peace,

Rob

• Forum MVP

Arch,

Please don't try & reason with some folks around here....They will continue to look @ this situation with Rose colored glasses ...In Ex "It's all good...blah,blah,blah

Because......

they have the right, you have the right.....we all have the right!.............ALL GODS CHILDREN GOT RIGHTS

Peace,

Rob

Rob,

I don't think anyone on this forum knows what the economic impact on DSO because of Furthur will be. This could have the opposite effect you guys describe by increasing the GD fanbase and opening up more fans to DSO. When they are both on tour, I think one could easily argue it has a negative effect, but when Furthur isn't on tour or when Furthur is over, DSO may have more fans and people going to their shows. There are two sides to this coin and were all only speculating on the subject. I think we all need to stop speculating and let things play out. I, for one, believe DSO will not only survive, but thrive during Furthur's time and after.

Guest deliverance

Just write a decent truthful review for all the Starheads that have to wait a week or two to see their 4 or 5 shows , title the post with the date and venue , complete sentences would be appreciated also . The fan base issue is a whole other subject and ARCH STANTON is 100% correct .

Arch,

Because......

Peace,

Rob

Nothing is easy. My motivation is DSO and supporting them any way possible. If I become hated for my views.....so be it. The writing is on the wall.....

Rob,

I don't think anyone on this forum knows what the economic impact on DSO because of Furthur will be. This could have the opposite effect you guys describe by increasing the GD fanbase and opening up more fans to DSO. When they are both on tour, I think one could easily argue it has a negative effect, but when Furthur isn't on tour or when Furthur is over, DSO may have more fans and people going to their shows. There are two sides to this coin and were all only speculating on the subject. I think we all need to stop speculating and let things play out. I, for one, believe DSO will not only survive, but thrive during Furthur's time and after.

Agreed nobody knows and I hope your right. But there have been times already where DSO has been affected by further. Look around next time your at a show.....Is it sold out or do you have room to dance? Room to dance is great for you but in order for DSO to thrive while Further is around we all need to support them now! If you can do math, look at the venue size and ticket price then tell me which side of the coin is bigger. No speculation there.....fact!

A thriving DSO requires Action.

• Forum MVP

Just write a decent truthful review for all the Starheads that have to wait a week or two to see their 4 or 5 shows , title the post with the date and venue , complete sentences would be appreciated also . The fan base issue is a whole other subject and ARCH STANTON is 100% correct .

This raises several interesting points. I will limit myself to the question it obviously begs: how does one know whether or not a review was "truthful" if one wasn't at the show to experience it firsthand? An opinion or impression of an artistic event is inherently subjective, or at least so I believe.

Guest deliverance

This raises several interesting points. I will limit myself to the question it obviously begs: how does one know whether or not a review was "truthful" if one wasn't at the show to experience it firsthand?

Good point Mr Vegas , but I trust most here will know the reviewer and trust his or her validity for the most part and members also at the show usually follow up with posts to the reviewer and most of the time expand on the review or show a little different perspective or point of view . my complaint or distaste was mostly due to the minuscule review content and response time . I'd seen it take a little time to get some word out about a show here before but this seemed to be beyond that point , especially considering the fact that this is the start of a new tour with a new and fairly well known lead guitarist .

Archived