Furthur

August West

• Forum MVP

Tickets went on sale today for the Nokia at noon.They were immedietly sold out for just the Nokia shows on Ticketbastard.. and were not offered for sale at the Nokia Box Office.However suspiciously there were plenty of "package deals"available for the Sunday night show in Brooklyn.. and the Nokia shows if you purchased both.It is fairly obvious that FURTHUR is having trouble selling the Sunday show at MCU.So a decision was made to only allow people to buy tix for the Nokias... if in fact they purchased the Sunday night at MCU to go along with them.This profitering has really turned me off. That whole spin that they wanted to make tickets affordable in a tough economy is just a bunch of bullshit.Everyone who was already going to the Sunday show at MCU had already purchased their tix.So in in essence they were charging 85$ for the Nokia show. Money green.....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tickets went on sale today for the Nokia at noon.They were immedietly sold out for just the Nokia shows on Ticketbastard.. and were not offered for sale at the Nokia Box Office.However suspiciously there were plenty of "package deals"available for the Sunday night show in Brooklyn.. and the Nokia shows if you purchased both.It is fairly obvious that FURTHUR is having trouble selling the Sunday show at MCU.So a decision was made to only allow people to buy tix for the Nokias... if in fact they purchased the Sunday night at MCU to go along with them.This profitering has really turned me off. That whole spin that they wanted to make tickets affordable in a tough economy is just a bunch of bullshit.Everyone who was already going to the Sunday show at MCU had already purchased their tix.So in in essence they were charging 85$ for the Nokia show. Money green.....

WRONG!!!!!I called the ticketmaster number and talked to a rep.he then "allowed " me to buy only the nokia shows,no package deal for me.If you want to see a band as horrible as furthUr I suggest doing just that.Call and talk to a human.good luck!At this rate my wife and I will be alone in the theater with bob,phil,john,jeff and russo...can't wait!!! :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

WRONG!!!!!I called the ticketmaster number and talked to a rep.he then "allowed " me to buy only the nokia shows,no package deal for me.If you want to see a band as horrible as furthUr I suggest doing just that.Call and talk to a human.good luck!At this rate my wife and I will be alone in the theater with bob,phil,john,jeff and russo...can't wait!!! :dsorocks:

I also was on the phone with a rep @1200 and he told me that the singulare tickets were sold out.I asked him how many were released... and he said he couldn't provide that information.You must have gotten very lucky because everyone I spoke with dealt with the same issue I did.Good for you bro....I was not bashing FURTHUR I was just merely stating what I experienced.Have a good time...enjoy the show.

Well were happy...Needed tix for Brooklyn also...

So now we got tix for the NOKIA and both MCU's...When Saturday night MCU was previously sold-out...

Yeah, this sucks...

-Stagger

• Forum MVP

So now we got tix for the NOKIA and both MCU's...When Saturday night MCU was previously sold-out...

Yeah, this sucks...

-Stagger

I'm glad it worked out for you Stagger...but for me I had already purchased tix for both nights at MCU.It didn't make much sense to me to buy the "Double" or "Triple" package they were offering.For people like yourself that hadn't secured tix previously for Brooklyn its a home run.Peace.

Guest crazy digits

who fucking cares? really.....Greg, that's the beauty of dso, again, low maintenance, no stress, small crowds, great sound, the GD sound we are accustomed to hearing..what else could you ask for?

Yeah, this sucks...

-Stagger

I can get you a sweet deal on MCU tix.....I seem to have lost all interest in furthur-PM if anyone needs tix !

Peace,

Rob

who fucking cares? really.....Greg, that's the beauty of dso, again, low maintenance, no stress, small crowds, great sound, the GD sound we are accustomed to hearing..what else could you ask for?

....the magical mystery of bobby, phil and, JK

I can get you a sweet deal on MCU tix.....I seem to have lost all interest in furthur-PM if anyone needs tix !

Peace,

Rob

I also have soured on Furthur...this Nokia ticket scam reeks of greed...I keep flashing back to driving out of Mill Valley next to Phil in his shiny Maserati...and I don't begrudge people for acquiring material goods...but enough is enough...

Guest Boneboy

I also have soured on Furthur...this Nokia ticket scam reeks of greed...I keep flashing back to driving out of Mill Valley next to Phil in his shiny Maserati...and I don't begrudge people for acquiring material goods...but enough is enough...

Does anyone know if single day tixs are available for Furtherfest? I really want to just go up for Sunday. I can't believe if you showed up Sunday they would charge you $125. I heard ticket sales were a little slow for furtherfest and they have more western and west coast August shows to announce, but are waiting till after Memorial day.

Does anyone know if single day tixs are available for Furtherfest? I really want to just go up for Sunday. I can't believe if you showed up Sunday they would charge you $125. I heard ticket sales were a little slow for furtherfest and they have more western and west coast August shows to announce, but are waiting till after Memorial day.

Who Cares !

• Advisory Board

I also have soured on Furthur...this Nokia ticket scam reeks of greed...

+1

Amazing how Furthur plans their Nokia/Fall tour around where DSO usually is during that time of the year... hense, no DSO @ Nokia this Thanksgiving... For those of us who are accustomed to our Penn's Peak/Thanksgiving/Nokia X 2 DSO run, it aint happeneing this year... hope y'all have money to spare, cause looks like we're going west for Thanksgiving...

+1

Amazing how Furthur plans their Nokia/Fall tour around where DSO usually is during that time of the year... hense, no DSO @ Nokia this Thanksgiving... For those of us who are accustomed to our Penn's Peak/Thanksgiving/Nokia X 2 DSO run, it aint happeneing this year... hope y'all have money to spare, cause looks like we're going west for Thanksgiving...

Herdy i really don't think after this Furthur tour that Furthur will be around much longer , Really hope DSO keeps up the Thanksgiving shows east but if not guess I have to go west . Hope all is well .Peace Dave :dsorocks::dsorocks:

The official "Take the money and run" tour http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UHOgkDbVqc

man... I think some are getting a little too hostile. Is there already a Fall tour? What is all this Thanksgiving drama about?

Well I guess you haven't been to the Nokia for Thanksgiving. Its been a tradition for us on the east coast since '06. DSO has ALWAYS done very well there and many on this board have enjoyed the venue and hanging with the band after the shows. further hasn't released their dates for November, but when they do, it will be clear and present danger. Why did they book east coast november so early? what's next....booking the ledges for next year? I'll admit being hostile when you screw with my tradition.

• Forum MVP

man... I think some are getting a little too hostile.

Furreal! People need to take a step back and not take things so personal. Just relax and say it with me GOOOOOOOSSSFRAAAABBBAAAAAA.

I love how the people who are so sick of furthur keep bringing them up just to dog on them. If you hate Furthur so much just ignore them and don't join the discussion. You keep feeding the fire everytime its brought up here.

If you want to spend some money to see Bob and Phil play with JK (and Jeff Chimenti), that's awesome. If not, then whatever man, You're missing out... just don't be all butthurt about out.

Furreal! People need to take a step back and not take things so personal. Just relax and say it with me GOOOOOOOSSSFRAAAABBBAAAAAA.

I love how the people who are so sick of furthur keep bringing them up just to dog on them. If you hate Furthur so much just ignore them and don't join the discussion. You keep feeding the fire everytime its brought up here.

If you want to spend some money to see Bob and Phil play with JK (and Jeff Chimenti), that's awesome. If not, then whatever man, You're missing out... just don't be all butthurt about out.

hhhmm......who's feeding the fire? Seems to me this stems from further and their shenanigans. If they weren't messing with DSO's tour schedule would there be a problem? FYI I enjoy furtherz music and plan to see them again.....but the action they are taking to sell tickets is greedy and disrupting DSO. fts, YOU need to chill because as long as further keeps up with this type of behavior it will ALWAYS be a topic of discussion. Deal with it!

• Forum MVP

hhhmm......who's feeding the fire? Seems to me this stems from further and their shenanigans. If they weren't messing with DSO's tour schedule would there be a problem? FYI I enjoy furtherz music and plan to see them again.....but the action they are taking to sell tickets is greedy and disrupting DSO. fts, YOU need to chill because as long as further keeps up with this type of behavior it will ALWAYS be a topic of discussion. Deal with it!

:rolleyes: Yeah, I'm OBVIOUSLY really up tight about this. I just think some people go way out of their way to exploit Phil and Bobby as these greedy sonsabitches who's sole mission is to destroy DSO.

Whatever, I'm here just to listen to the music by whoever plays it well and right now there are two great bands out in my opinion.

Y'all can banter about Furthur and how much ya hate them, see how much i really care.

Archived