Furthur

August West

• Forum MVP

I was at one of the DSO November Nokia shows last year... it was the 28th I believe, I could only make one of the two because I had to take the train from school, and I plan to be there this coming November as well. I'm just confused as to what the all the fuss is about when there is no fall Furthur tour yet...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I was at one of the DSO November Nokia shows last year... it was the 28th I believe, I could only make one of the two because I had to take the train from school, and I plan to be there this coming November as well. I'm just confused as to what the all the fuss is about when there is no fall Furthur tour yet...

no nokia

• Forum MVP

If you are at the Nokia in November you will be quite alone...

keep an eye out for DSO in California come November...

The fuss is further booking dates a while ago for November on the east coast when they know damn well that DSO has been killing it that time of year for the last 5 years.

• Forum MVP

I'm gonna miss that Thanksgiving DSO Nokia weekend ... I guess I'll just have to suffer through it in beautiful California ... ;)

Ya, but it really sucks for me. I may not even be able to go. Thanksgiving is one of the few days a year I make an effort to spend with my family and Philadelphia was located perfectly for the Penns Peak/Nokia Theatre Thanksgiving weekend.

• Advisory Board

Herdy i really don't think after this Furthur tour that Furthur will be around much longer , Really hope DSO keeps up the Thanksgiving shows east but if not guess I have to go west . Hope all is well .Peace Dave :dsorocks::dsorocks:

man... I think some are getting a little too hostile. Is there already a Fall tour? What is all this Thanksgiving drama about?

Again.... DSO WILL NOT BE PLAYING NOKIA FOR THANKSGIVING!!! Furthur hasn't offically announced their fall tour, but they will be near if not in the venue's DSO usually plays during their November/December run...

If you want a DSO Thanksgiving, start looking for plane tickets in and around the SF Bay area...

I guess there's no longer a point in going to the Macy's day parade down Columbus Ave anymore. Oh well, back to the White Mountains. <_<

[/quo\

For a bunch of people who hate this band (FurthUr) you people have ALL the inside scoop!!Does Jill approve of all this bashing???

Again.... DSO WILL NOT BE PLAYING NOKIA FOR THANKSGIVING!!! Furthur hasn't offically announced their fall tour, but they will be near if not in the venue's DSO usually plays during their November/December run...

If you want a DSO Thanksgiving, start looking for plane tickets in and around the SF Bay area...

Man. It sucks it had to get all cut throat like this. I'm officially off the "Furthur isn't trying to destroy DSO" bandwagon. I was wrong..............again.

I guess there's no longer a point in going to the Macy's day parade down Columbus Ave anymore. Oh well, back to the White Mountains. <_<

[/quo\

For a bunch of people who hate this band (FurthUr) you people have ALL the inside scoop!!Does Jill approve of all this bashing???

gr8ful ~

Let me speak speak for myself. I love furthur! I only saw them once, but listen to their downloads often. Speaking for myself: having Furthur AND DSO make me a rich man. I am also a rare person who loved the last Dead tour and would pay big bucks to see Joan Osborne on stage again with some line-up.

I was literal in my post. As a byproduct of going to see DSO T-day weekend, my wife, daughter and I accidently started a new tradition of going to the Macy's day parade and partying with friends who attend Columbia up in Harlem. It has become a blast! Now we will return to our older tradition of going to the Whites. Still beautiful, but not nearly as fun as NYC on Thanksgiving with DSO - that's all.

I know, there's a lot of sensitivity here.

Peace and may the music never stop.

Frank

Man. It sucks it had to get all cut throat like this. I'm officially off the "Furthur isn't trying to destroy DSO" bandwagon. I was wrong..............again.

Like I have posted previously, I heard the inside story in Mill Valley from someone who knows what went down. The Lesh clan were very unhappy with the amount of ticket sales and attention that DSO were making on what the Lesh's considered their music. Getting JK to leave DSO took care of two problems: finally getting a lead guitarist that people could get excited about, and sticking the knife into DSO. Some suggested that this was just more bullshit rumours, which have always flown when it comes to the GD. I know what I heard, and I have little doubt this is true. Believe what you want, but it seems to me that the recent actions just reinforce what the truth is. Phil's recent quote that he has always dug what DSO is doing is laughable. Does ANYONE really believe that?

Fortunately, from what I recently saw with Stu, DSO is very much alive and thriving! I had kind of been on the Furthur bandwagen, but my thought in San Francisco at the Regency were basically: "This is the best GD music being played today!". I am now much more interested in continuing to see DSO than Phil, Bobby, and their dwindling number of side men and women.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if single day tixs are available for Furtherfest? I really want to just go up for Sunday. I can't believe if you showed up Sunday they would charge you $125. I heard ticket sales were a little slow for furtherfest and they have more western and west coast August shows to announce, but are waiting till after Memorial day.

yes there are single day tics avail

Like I have posted previously, I heard the inside story in Mill Valley from someone who knows what went down. The Lesh clan were very unhappy with the amount of ticket sales and attention that DSO were making on what the Lesh's considered their music. Getting JK to leave DSO took care of two problems: finally getting a lead guitarist that people could get excited about, and sticking the knife into DSO. Some suggested that this was just more bullshit rumours, which have always flown when it comes to the GD. I know what I heard, and I have little doubt this is true. Believe what you want, but it seems to me that the recent actions just reinforce what the truth is. Phil's recent quote that he has always dug what DSO is doing is laughable. Does ANYONE really believe that?

Fortunately, from what I recently saw with Stu, DSO is very much alive and thriving! I had kind of been on the Furthur bandwagen, but my thought in San Francisco at the Regency were basically: "This is the best GD music being played today!". I am now much more interested in continuing to see DSO than Phil, Bobby, and their dwindling number of side men and women.

So to conclude....Your suggesting that the truth is that Phil Lesh and Bob Weir decided that DSO was absorbing too many potential profits from them and decided to destroy DSO by recruiting the founding member of DSO to play with them. So JK is only a pawn used to destroy his very own brain child? So 13 years ago JK liked to play Grateful Dead music....He starts a band....Its a great success.....It evolves and thrives for 12 years....Then the real Grateful Dead members ask him to join them on what might be the last journey.....It proves to be the best band that Phil and Bob have had since Jerry......DSO continues to evolve and thrive and wins even the oldest fans with fresh interpretations of the Grateful Dead. Whats the problem?

Archived