Sunday Night

Guest crazy digits

Guest crazy digits

From the second song on it appeared to be an elective with the entire band on stage doing Esau ( I believe ? )...at the end of the show Eaton announces it was an 86' show with a couple changes to it....Not sure I ever saw DSO do an actual 86' show or close to it with Lisa up there?

Loved the venue, PLENTY of dancing room..will go back there for sure...Thanks DSO

Second set

1/2 step> franklins Playing > China Doll> d/s> throwing Stones > She belongs to me> Playing reprise ( could be missing a song, sat nite?

Day Job ( maybe the first or second time I have ever heard dso do day job?

Second that emotion ( filler )

First set was really hot with a Bertha closer...

Wow, I had not seen the band since November during one of JK's last few show and while I never waivered in my support of DSO, I had a edge of concern. Last night was one of the first few shows of a new tour and with the guitar spot unsettled, I went with an open mind. And my mind was thoroughly blown. I did not or listen to any shows with Jeff from the tour at the end of last year but if he sounded like he did last night then I wish I had. Simply he was great.

Somehow, I think he has worked on his chops and his vocals in the last few months because I frequently saw Kevin and Rob just watching him. At first I thought it was concern for what he might do. Then it became clear that they were looking for cues and just on the ride.

Since I had not see DSO with Jeff or Stu I was definitely keeping my option open and opinions to myself. While I don't think you can replace a JK, having a Jeff Matson as a member of DSO is a pretty nice option to have.

Great show, weather held off and the venue, while a little strange kind of reminded me of the stage and scale of GratefulFest, which I sadly am missing this year. Had to pick between Allgood and GratefulFest and every day I wonder if I made the right choice.

Day Job ( maybe the first or second time I have ever heard dso do day job?

They played it a few months back at Stubbs BBQ in Austin, TX...The closing of the 2009/10 Winter tour

At first I thought it was "Might as Well", but no, keep your Daaaaaaay job, don't give it away!

• Advisory Board

\Had to pick between Allgood and GratefulFest and every day I wonder if I made the right choice.

Wrong choice in my opinion..... AllGood has the SICKEST lineup I've ever seen, but the scene there is not All Good... Lot Monsters everywhere, where Gratefulfest is a kind, family type festival....

Gratefulfest over ANY festival ANYTIME!!

Wrong choice in my opinion..... AllGood has the SICKEST lineup I've ever seen, but the scene there is not All Good... Lot Monsters everywhere, where Gratefulfest is a kind, family type festival....

Gratefulfest over ANY festival ANYTIME!!

I know and that is the nagging thought going through my mind all the time. July 4th weekend creates a tough time for me to go to GF too, however.

Oh well, there is always next year but I will surely be catching DSO at every opportunity.

Does anybody know anything about the VIP stuff at All Good. I went for that due to taking my wife along, but is it worth it?

• Advisory Board

Does anybody know anything about the VIP stuff at All Good. I went for that due to taking my wife along, but is it worth it?

Well worth it... A friend of mine went last year with VIP and it made the festival for him... You don't have to worry about the Lot Monsters fucking with your shit there... if you don't have a VIP wristband, you don't get into the camping site..

• Advisory Board

Well worth it... A friend of mine went last year with VIP and it made the festival for him... You don't have to worry about the Lot Monsters fucking with your shit there... if you don't have a VIP wristband, you don't get into the camping site..

Please define "Lot Monster".

Thank you,

Dr. B

That is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Taking the wife to her first real festival and I just could not imagine having problems with "lot monsters". Great lineup so I was just hoping for not a lot of hassles.

Thanks for the info

Archived