Mighty High Sunday 5-30

Dr. Vapor

• Forum VIP

Looking Like a 90's show........well its in the "spirit of the 90's"...similar to the CC in Va...additional Weather Report tonight I hear....

Set 1: Mississippi 1/2 step, Walking Blues, They Love Each Other, Me & My Uncle, Big River, High Time or ( To Lay Me Down??) Masterpiece, Althea, (Weather Report), Let it Grow...

Set 2: Aiko. Playing in the Band, Crazy Fingers, Uncle John's Band, Drums, Two Soldiers Jam, Morning DEW, Lovelight.

Encore; Brokedown Palace

Filler, I am hearing Baby Blue & Golden Road???

Philly 9-12-90

Beautiful Night....alot of Fuzz

• Forum MVP

Second filler was Golden Road. Seems like the laryngitis is almost licked...a real good time on this side. The venue worked out pretty well but caution was advised on the way out. (Always is...)

Mighty High was a great time. I am so glad we went. Originally we were going to go for the entire weekend but on Friday around noon I had the idea that we should drive up to Hampton Beach. I am so glad we did that.

So back down to home turf yesterday morning arriving at approximately 2pm. Got to see Commander Cody, priceless. Then Peter Rowan performed, he is such a gentlemen and artist and great story teller. The New Riders played hard and Peter came out with them and then Tex Logan joined the band. This was so emotional; his daughter was there with her two boys who have never seen their grandfather perform. She told us he is 84 years old.

So I have to say that I was erroneous in my belief that Jeff would be able to play later dead as well as he plays the early years. I had seen an 85 show in Virginia this past New Years run that left me with some apprehension about his ability to capture the sound of the later Dead era. But yesterday was spectacular. I loved the Althea and the Let it Grow was my fourth one since Philly, never get tired of that tune. I was so tired during the second set that I had to sit during Crazy Fingers. The view from the hill was beautiful. The lights were amazing and the sound system was cranking. I think it got louder just up the hill a bit. So I came back down during drums which were like alien beings and space ships taking over the scene, space was out there somewhere in the galaxy.

Then the Dew began. I said to Brian sounds like a nursery rhyme, he replied yes it is called Morning Dew. I became sad during the Dew, this happens to me often during this song. I tried to find some comfort with Brian, he told me to make friends with the sadness. Not too helpful. Stephen finally arrived and embraced me knowing how I can get with Dew. I calmed down and was able to enjoy the song. Beautiful. Then Stephen and I sang Broken Down to each other. I am so in love with my husband.

Dancing through the filler was an outer body experience for me; my legs were so tired they felt like jello. How they do it amazes me.

I want Eli to know he did a good thing and I hope it can continue to grow and remain a friendly festival like I witnessed. It was so good to see everyone who made it yesterday. Love you guys, all of you. THANK YOU DSO, you rock my world.

The Philthy Rectum..... Meyer Sound Rules! DBS must have some new bells and whistles cause that system was PUMPING out the beef. Very Very well played show. Thanks DSO!

I love going to the SPECTRUM seen some asskicking shows in that place and yes that sound system last night was GREAT and the show was even better . The WHOLE band is just beyond good they are SMOKING and just make me feel like i did back in the day .During High time the hairs on my arms where standing straight up ,the drums were off the hook ,space into the DEW just great , LOVELIGHT what can you say .the whole first set was GREAT .It was just a GREAT night have some things going on in life and couldn't make alot of shows like we usually do and man did we really need a night like the BAND and friends gave us .THANKS TO ALL AND GOD BLESS DSO, Hope to see all Thurs. Peace Dave :dsorocks::dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

I really feel the need to say that during drums & space which were amazing the lights ala Brian was freakin off the hook .Now considering every night it most likely is a different lighting system, he does an amazing job.I went back on the hill to get a full view of what was going on and it was fantastic.

Great two soldiers jam for the Memorial Day weekend .If that was Rob Eaton's doing good thinking & great job!

Actually called "Handsome Cabin boy jam". Think its listed on the DSO setlist page. Either way the jam was way hot!

• Advisory Board

I am so in love with my husband.

Yeah, I kinda love him too.. :P

Actually called "Handsome Cabin boy jam". Think its listed on the DSO setlist page. Either way the jam was way hot!

One of my favorite songs by Jerry, was Two Soldiers... The only two times I've seen it listed on CD was a Jerry/Grisman CD, and I believe it may have been on the "So Many Roads' box set. Handsome Cabin boy is a reference to a song called 'The Lowland Sea', which you can find JK playing on 'The Mix' CD.. which, by the way, is a timeless traditional ballad, which I just LOVE!

• Forum MVP

Actually called "Handsome Cabin boy jam". Think its listed on the DSO setlist page. Either way the jam was way hot!.

someone else Gus also told me it was called the handsome cabin boy jam ,I was going by what dead base called it .but yea it was smokin!!!

First time I had seen DSO since NYE and what a treat! Don't know if anyone mentioned the sound (haven't read everything yet) but it was fantastic. DSO played very tight through out the entire show! They do seem to get better and better. Might have something to do with not seeing them in 6 months?? Maybe, a very little bit. Was at the original show and remember it was one of the better shows of the tour. DSO ripped to a TEA! JM was outstanding and Eaton was tearing that show a new one. Cheers and Thanks DSO!

First time I had seen DSO since NYE and what a treat! Don't know if anyone mentioned the sound (haven't read everything yet) but it was fantastic. DSO played very tight through out the entire show! They do seem to get better and better. Might have something to do with not seeing them in 6 months?? Maybe, a very little bit. Was at the original show and remember it was one of the better shows of the tour. DSO ripped to a TEA! JM was outstanding and Eaton was tearing that show a new one. Cheers and Thanks DSO!

ARCH,

Just wondering-where were you hanging @ on NYE(floor ,upstairs)?

I was there & would have liked to have chatted during setbreak!

See 'Ya on the Road,

Rob

Guest Piranha

I just wanted to extend my thanks to the amazing crew of DSO! I was the lighting director/operator for The Mighty High festival this past weekend. Brian and I worked together during DSO, we had 2 consoles (his and mine) going side by side for the entire Sunday night performance. It was an honor and a true natural high to work with these guys! As a huge fan, and having worked with them before at Mexicali Live where I am the house LD, I was just so happy it all came out as amazing as it did as we did not have much time to plan our ideas for working with 2 sets of lights, and 2 desks. I thought it came out outstanding! Brain is an amazing talent, and really knows the band well. The GDs music just screams color to me, and we really were thinking the same thing throughout the night! Highlights other then the entire dang show were the Drums>Space, we had UV color and amazing movements going on, really adding to the amazing sounds the guys were getting. And also the Lovelight!! We both just had some amazing combos of greens, pinks, yellows and florescent colors going. It looked like a circus had just landed on the stage! WOW!

So thanks again DSO for letting me be a part of it! I'm a fan first and wanted to stop here and express how happy, pleased, and excited I was with how it all came out. What a weekend, what a way to end it!

Peace and Love :cheers:

Buddy had VIP package and we were up there most of the time...

Spent all night @ the rail(center)-nice venue, never ventured into the higher altitude balcony-Maybe our paths will cross on the Summer Tour(Dewey Beach/A.C./Bergen Pac/ ???)

Peace,

Rob

Guest crazy digits

I just wanted to extend my thanks to the amazing crew of DSO! I was the lighting director/operator for The Mighty High festival this past weekend. Brian and I worked together during DSO, we had 2 consoles (his and mine) going side by side for the entire Sunday night performance. It was an honor and a true natural high to work with these guys! As a huge fan, and having worked with them before at Mexicali Live where I am the house LD, I was just so happy it all came out as amazing as it did as we did not have much time to plan our ideas for working with 2 sets of lights, and 2 desks. I thought it came out outstanding! Brain is an amazing talent, and really knows the band well. The GDs music just screams color to me, and we really were thinking the same thing throughout the night! Highlights other then the entire dang show were the Drums>Space, we had UV color and amazing movements going on, really adding to the amazing sounds the guys were getting. And also the Lovelight!! We both just had some amazing combos of greens, pinks, yellows and florescent colors going. It looked like a circus had just landed on the stage! WOW!

So thanks again DSO for letting me be a part of it! I'm a fan first and wanted to stop here and express how happy, pleased, and excited I was with how it all came out. What a weekend, what a way to end it!

Peace and Love :cheers:

THANK you! Several folks mentioned to me how great the light work was on Sunday night. I have been watching Brian do this light thing for 9 years now and his talent is under appreciated. He is the man!

Archived