Furthur 6/2

sakada

Picasso

bEwomen (jk)

lazy river (bw & jk & pl)

magnolia mtn ( my fave of the Ryan adams', as note)

el paso

that new hunter song (pl & bw & jk))...oh it's called mully gully, or sumthn, weir said he didn't know how it's spelled...kinda pride of cucamonga-ish)

tons of steel (bw & jk & pl)

no more do i

2djinn ("...kiss my ass...who the hell's got time for life to pass?...")

come 2gthr

China (continuing aoxomoxoa's psychdelia ooze) > Rider

Picasso

bEwomen (jk)

el paso

that new hunter song (pl & bw & jk))...oh it's called mully gully, or sumthn, weir said he didn't know how it's spelled...kinda pride of cucamonga-ish)

no more do i

come 2gthr

This was a very good night...way better than last night for sure...

It was borderline painful. JK was rad and rocked the Brown eyed and brought tons o steel to life. Otherwise rough. Crowd seemed bored. Thanks Johnny for pumping some life into that holiday innish room.

It was borderline painful. JK was rad and rocked the Brown eyed and brought tons o steel to life. Otherwise rough. Crowd seemed bored. Thanks Johnny for pumping some life into that holiday innish room.

oh ergh um...didn't you mean to say...the room was spaciously inviting the music of the spheres into it's confines as bobby weir evoked the spirit of the two djinn realing tlike thunder from the west marins that you had the priviledge and honor of being in...how is it that you could ignore the fact that Phil's bass was thumping down our throats as the ryder brought us back into the reality of the fact that we are all supposed to be where we are and it was you wasn't it you who was there miracled with the annointing music of the boys...the same boys who are the reason why you even have a dso band to enjoy...hope i see you there hope you give it another whirl..

When was the last time you came out of a DSO show thinking that people looked bored? Umm... That would be never. Bobby desperately needs a haircut and a shave. He might actually look his age if he did. Here's your visual of last night: picture the pirate seafood restaurant from Fast Times and the show was in the rental rec room on the side. Don't get me wrong, I'm just having some fun here. I love Phil and Bob and will always go back. They do need to turn Jeff up in the mix.

• Forum MVP

When was the last time you came out of a DSO show thinking that people looked bored? Umm... That would be never. Bobby desperately needs a haircut and a shave. He might actually look his age if he did. Here's your visual of last night: picture the pirate seafood restaurant from Fast Times and the show was in the rental rec room on the side. Don't get me wrong, I'm just having some fun here. I love Phil and Bob and will always go back. They do need to turn Jeff up in the mix.

Thanks Randy! It is ok to critique, I don't buy into the "anything that Bobby/Phil sing is great." And from what i know, they have some agressive dates set for the fall. Will be interesting to see what 1/3 full arena looks like. All I know is I'm in NYC, red- eyed it in for the show tonight.....

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

Picasso

bEwomen (jk)

el paso

no more do i

come 2gthr

I'm pretty sure the Hunter song you are referring to might be Hully Gully, which he was debuting back in the late 1990's and early 2000's when he was still touring. He has a host of other "new songs" that will probably make there way into mainstream dead cycles. Phish has sold out three shows at the Greek in Berzerkley and then two days later two shows at Town Park in Telluride (to hell you ride). Maybe some band will open The Frost back up to concert goers?

Thanks Randy! It is ok to critique, I don't buy into the "anything that Bobby/Phil sing is great." And from what i know, they have some agressive dates set for the fall. Will be interesting to see what 1/3 full arena looks like. All I know is I'm in NYC, red- eyed it in for the show tonight.....

Steve you will have a BLAST the BAND is SMOKING , the red eye will be well worth it . See ya enjoy Dave :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Thanks for keeping it honest.

Some nights it just ain't happenin'.......

Hully Gully, which he was debuting back in the late 1990's and early 2000's when he was still touring.

10-16-81 Melk Weg, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Fri)

Acoustic: On The Road Again, Dire Wolf, Monkey & Engineer, Bird Song, Cassidy, Ain't No Lie, Race Is On, Ripple

Electric: Playin> Hully Gully> Wheel> Samson, Gloria> Lovelight> GDTRFB> Playin> Black Peter> Sugar Magnolia

OOPS Concert - Bob Weir's 34th birthday - Cindy Peress opened - last "Lovelight": 05-24-72 [581] - last "Ain't No Lie": 12-06-80 [74] - last "Gloria": 01-30-68 [1094] - only "Hully Gully"

Wow! Couldn't disagree more with that review! If you thought that was borderline painful you should STOP going to see Furthur!...I saw smiles all around...beautiful dancing and heard great music coming off that stage...JK was having a blast as were most of the people there! That China>Rider was rollicking! Seriously though...these are difficult shows with limited tickets...There's a lot of folks who would have loved to have your ticket! :)

I wasn't at last night's show, but I have to say I did find myself becoming bored at the Tuesday show. Near the end I was concentrating less on the music and found myself looking at my watch and thinking "I should move closer to the door so I can bolt for the car when this is over and get the hell out of that horrid parking lot before the traffic chaos begins". Regarding the venue, it does kind of have a cheesy feel--especially when compared to the marvelous Throckmorton in Mill Valley. In one way, there is something cool about seeing such a band in a room that you would normally see something like a wedding reception or bar mitzvah. One the other hand, it just doesn't project that, for lack of a better word, "spectacle", which is an important part of any show. It just seems too ordinary in this room, and the band seems too ordinary on that tiny stage, which is only a few feet above the audience level. Anyway, I'll be there tonight and I'm hoping that the third night hits it out of the park. Oh yeah...one other thing--what is going on with all the talkers at this place??? You could hear a pin drop at the Throckmorton during the pauses.

I wasn't at last night's show, but I have to say I did find myself becoming bored at the Tuesday show. Near the end I was concentrating less on the music and found myself looking at my watch and thinking "I should move closer to the door so I can bolt for the car when this is over and get the hell out of that horrid parking lot before the traffic chaos begins". Regarding the venue, it does kind of have a cheesy feel--especially when compared to the marvelous Throckmorton in Mill Valley. In one way, there is something cool about seeing such a band in a room that you would normally see something like a wedding reception or bar mitzvah. One the other hand, it just doesn't project that, for lack of a better word, "spectacle", which is an important part of any show. It just seems too ordinary in this room, and the band seems too ordinary on that tiny stage, which is only a few feet above the audience level. Anyway, I'll be there tonight and I'm hoping that the third night hits it out of the park. Oh yeah...one other thing--what is going on with all the talkers at this place??? You could hear a pin drop at the Throckmorton during the pauses.

Last night was a complete reversal of the fairly boring Tuesday show for me...way more energy up there...

Sounds like a bunch of east coast heads are making there way out.This does not pertain to you Steve since you haven't gotten there yet.But we all know that west coast heads always gave the boys quiet so they could prepare for the next song.The east coast just screams and yells like the whole time.Has anyone else had tis experience from coast to coast?I live in the east but prefer the west coast crowd.I love how you say you wanted to bolt for the door and in the NEXT breath your like"i'll be there tonight" I'm the same the.I can say they suck(because I know I eally don't mean it)but if you are not a fan and say they suck I'm ALL over you!!!I will defend to the end.Also at times I say "they guys suck" I love it, i live it, and I wouldn't change a thing.Peace and I will expecting an honest review tomorrow!!! :cheers:

Its not about liking everything they sing, I sure don't......once again furthur bashing makes DSO fans look boring.

a. Regarding the venue: it's a fucking rehearsal!!!

b. The show: I dug it!!! Gr8 jams, all3tradn verses, mag mtn & 2djinn both r very cool songs, yay!, tons of steel!!! NO "they suck" misinformation AT ALL!!! The crowd? Bored? More bout them & their history than me & mine, as I was WAY too busy LUVING the dancing to either notice or care !!!

c. Seriously?! Don't like it? DON'T GO ! We'd all appreciate the more space to dance with the rest of us that r there with luv & appreciation...

• Forum MVP

10-16-81 Melk Weg, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Fri)

Acoustic: On The Road Again, Dire Wolf, Monkey & Engineer, Bird Song, Cassidy, Ain't No Lie, Race Is On, Ripple

Electric: Playin> Hully Gully> Wheel> Samson, Gloria> Lovelight> GDTRFB> Playin> Black Peter> Sugar Magnolia

OOPS Concert - Bob Weir's 34th birthday - Cindy Peress opened - last "Lovelight": 05-24-72 [581] - last "Ain't No Lie": 12-06-80 [74] - last "Gloria": 01-30-68 [1094] - only "Hully Gully"

A littlte different Hully Gully. That song was written in the 50s I think.

A littlte different Hully Gully. That song was written in the 50s I think.

jc called it "mooly gooly"....sounds pride of cucamongaish (think I already said that)...

There's another new one: "colors of rain (or THE rain)", hunter/lesh

a. Regarding the venue: it's a fucking rehearsal!!!

b. The show: I dug it!!! Gr8 jams, all3tradn verses, mag mtn & 2djinn both r very cool songs, yay!, tons of steel!!! NO "they suck" misinformation AT ALL!!! The crowd? Bored? More bout them & their history than me & mine, as I was WAY too busy LUVING the dancing to either notice or care !!!

c. Seriously?! Don't like it? DON'T GO ! We'd all appreciate the more space to dance with the rest of us that r there with luv & appreciation...

Just a thought...... If there gets to be more & more dance space sooner or later it proves to be un-profitable to tour :blink:

Peace,

Rob

Sounds like a bunch of east coast heads are making there way out.This does not pertain to you Steve since you haven't gotten there yet.But we all know that west coast heads always gave the boys quiet so they could prepare for the next song.The east coast just screams and yells like the whole time.Has anyone else had tis experience from coast to coast?I live in the east but prefer the west coast crowd.I love how you say you wanted to bolt for the door and in the NEXT breath your like"i'll be there tonight" I'm the same the.I can say they suck(because I know I eally don't mean it)but if you are not a fan and say they suck I'm ALL over you!!!I will defend to the end.Also at times I say "they guys suck" I love it, i live it, and I wouldn't change a thing.Peace and I will expecting an honest review tomorrow!!! :cheers:

East Coast vs. West Coast categorizations and criticisms? Come on children, grow up...

• Forum MVP

East Coast vs. West Coast categorizations and criticisms? Come on children, grow up...

Do you deny that Grateful Dead East Coast shows could often sound like a cocktail party during songs like To Lay Me Down while West Coast shows were far likelier to be quiet? I don't even consider this point debatable.

On the flip side, there was a sense of energy at the East Coast shows that West Coast audiences could rarely muster, which the band seemed to feed off.

Two points which I attribute this to: (1) West Coast was typically GA, so the folks taking the time and effort to secure prime front of board real estate were more likely there for the music over the party, and (2) East Coast crowds were more likely to just catch a few shows a year in their home city, meaning there would be a greater sense of excitement inherent in this type of crowd.

Or am I simply being childish?

Do you deny that Grateful Dead East Coast shows could often sound like a cocktail party during songs like To Lay Me Down while West Coast shows were far likelier to be quiet? I don't even consider this point debatable.

On the flip side, there was a sense of energy at the East Coast shows that West Coast audiences could rarely muster, which the band seemed to feed off.

Two points which I attribute this to: (1) West Coast was typically GA, so the folks taking the time and effort to secure prime front of board real estate were more likely there for the music over the party, and (2) East Coast crowds were more likely to just catch a few shows a year in their home city, meaning there would be a greater sense of excitement inherent in this type of crowd.

Or am I simply being childish?

Thanks for the wise words.It's not an argument its a statement of fact.

Archived