The World Cup

P2inboulder

So the Cup starts tomorrow. Always a good global event. My guess is Group G is the "death pool". Without knowing the matches after pool play; My (somewhat of a) longshot to win is Portugal. I think the US will make it to the knockout round, + get beat in the first game.

• Advisory Board

okay, so once every four years i come out of the closet as a total sports fan :) and it's for the world cup!

i love it. seriously high stakes, all kinds of heart, and a completely valid excuse (in brooklyn, anyway) to have a beer inexcusably early in the day.

lala = very much pro-world cup.

enjoy, all!

XOlala

• Forum MVP

Enjoy, B*, but like Greg said here and at another posting venue, when it sounds like the killer bees are infesting your TV and they are mighty pissed off, who needs it?

All Star game in one short month...

Enjoy, B*, but like Greg said here and at another posting venue, when it sounds like the killer bees are infesting your TV and they are mighty pissed off, who needs it?

All Star game in one short month...

The College World Series is far better. Starts this Saturday, 6/19.

Those horns blowing all the time is reason enough to turn it off.Sounds like a swarm of bees.....how annoying is that?

Gregg turn the volume OFF on the tv and listen to some DSO the World Cup is the BIGGEST sporting event in the world out of any sport . GO USA :dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

25 goals in the first 16 games. A sad display of creativity if you ask me. Everybody is playing not to lose instead of playing to win. I hope the U.S wins Friday and moves on. Definately turn the volumn down, you don't really need commentary for soccer.

25 goals in the first 16 games. A sad display of creativity if you ask me. Everybody is playing not to lose instead of playing to win. I hope the U.S wins Friday and moves on. Definately turn the volumn down, you don't really need commentary for soccer.

It is a great game. But for most American's (Myself included) there are not enough shots on goal; Not enough scoring; And last but not least....TO MANY FRICKING DRAWS (TIES).

Wow! That was too close for comfort.

That call against Slovenia was bad; But that "offsides" this morning almost cost the boys a trip to the knockout round. Way to be resilient. As Homer Simpson would say "USA, USA, USA".

• Forum MVP

That call against Slovenia was bad; But that "offsides" this morning almost cost the boys a trip to the knockout round. Way to be resilient. As Homer Simpson would say "USA, USA, USA".

Kind of gives you the feeling that they don't want us to move on. Hopefully the refereeing is on the up and up Saturday against Ghana. I believe they are the last African nation still alive and FIFA would probably like them to stay around awhile.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived