Dso 6/24 Apple Valley, Mn - Weesner Ampitheaterr

Tea

• Forum MVP

Lookin for a report on the tour kickoff. The sky is just a bit more blue when the tour cranks up.

my sources tell me this-

10-11-77 Lloyd Noble Center, U. of Oklahoma, Norman, Ok. (Tue)

1: Help> Slipknot> Franklin's, Jack Straw, Peggy-O, El Paso, Sunrise, Deal, Let It Grow

2: Dancin> Dire Wolf, Estimated> Eyes> NFA> Wharf Rat> Around

filler- forever young

Guest Bill Roehl

my sources tell me this-

1: Help> Slipknot> Franklin's, Jack Straw, Peggy-O, El Paso, Sunrise, Deal, Let It Grow

filler- forever young

Filler Encore was Mr. Charlie and then Forever Young.

The show was great. Weather was beautiful (blue skies, weather in the upper 70s with a bit of humidity). The crowd was pretty subdued until after the Jack Straw which really got everyone to their feet for most of the rest of the show. While I am not known to be a Let it Grow fan, DSO really kicked it last night and ended the first set on a great note. The Dire Wolf and Wharf Rat were great renditions and have me still singing this morning (albeit hoarsely).

Overall I was quite pleased with the show and I am looking forward to their future return to Minnesota for more.

Guest Bill Roehl

Not a fan of "Let It Grow" ..

well hopefully you are now.... :wacko::blink:

It's always different when you're in the moment at a show :-)

love the original show one of my favorites from down here in OK

Got there to find out I had stage right first row right in front of the stacks and boy did it sound good. Highlight for me was the whole freaking show but there were a few obvious very memorable incidents. First and foremost, Jeff opening the show with Help>Slip>Frank. Need I say more? Looking right at home he nailed these and it "was something"!Face melting actually, yeah thats it. Second was Sunshine with Lisa belting out her lyrics with clear convition and authority. At one point she tore her headphones off and her earpiece out and stood there pointing at the crowdsinging with so much heartfelt emotion I found myself crying with tears of Joy. Lions, Tigers and Lisa forever. Also Barraco's Cosmic Charlie as well as his silky smooth crazy fingers banging on those keys all night long with a huge smile on his face was really a pleasure to listen to as well as watch when on the rare occasion I would open my eyes. Now I'm off to court! Peace, Love and safe travels to all, YT

Guest greendad

Thank you for all your HARD WORK, DSO. You guys really brought it last night!

The Zoo is such a perfect fit!

Thanks again!

Greendad

It's always different when you're in the moment at a show :-)

If you read the lyrics to the whole Weather Report Suite it may draw you in. The elements, circular nature, cycles, etc....It's all there. Honestly though, It wasn't a favorite of mine either until a particular "moment" at a show a few years ago. :)

Oh...a "Forever Young" too! Nice...that one always has me in tears...

dawson-crying.jpg

Beautiful song. I imagine it's especially poignant for those of you that are parents. It's inspirational, and I imagine it totally (like many others) took on a whole new meaning after Jerry's passing.

Like Knockin'...awww :(

Archived