Dso 7-2-10 Nelson Ledges Quarry Park

Tea

• Forum MVP

I know there are many who need to know went down at the Ledges last nite. Please help end the suspense.

Was a smokin elective. Don't have a set list, but our boy JM just killed a Comes A Time - definitely my highlight. Good Cold Rain opener. GDTRFB, Tenn Jed, Big River - all heavy on the jams. Good night! Rough mornin.

• Forum MVP

Thanks gr8tfulpair, most who would post a reply are either still asleep or won't come up for air until Tuesday. The non-participants will await a full account and a setlist to boot.

• Forum MVP

Was a smokin elective. Don't have a set list, but our boy JM just killed a Comes A Time - definitely my highlight. Good Cold Rain opener. GDTRFB, Tenn Jed, Big River - all heavy on the jams. Good night! Rough mornin.

Dooooohh!! They didn't aNnounce a show date after the show so I ASSumed elective. Last night they announced it was a 76 Syracuse recreation.

• Forum MVP

Dooooohh!! They didn't aNnounce a show date after the show so I ASSumed elective. Last night they announced it was a 76 Syracuse recreation.

Great! I will look it up to see what songs transpired. Anyone willing to post the 7/3 setlist so we can catch up? I am assuming the vibe all around is a thing of beauty....

• Forum MVP

Great! I will look it up to see what songs transpired. Anyone willing to post the 7/3 setlist so we can catch up? I am assuming the vibe all around is a thing of beauty....

I believe, but don't hold me to it, Sept 26, 1976 Syracuce.

I think I spelled the city wrong. I'm a little burnt after these last 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

I think I spelled the city wrong. I'm a little burnt after these last 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-28-76 Onondaga County War Memorial, Syracuse, N.Y. (Tue)

1: Cold Rain, Big River, Bertha, Cassidy, Tennessee Jed, Minglewood, Candyman, All Over Now, FOTD, Let It Grow> GDTRFB

2: Playin> Wheel> Samson> Jam> Comes A Time> *Drums> Eyes> Dancin> Playin **E: Johnny B. Goode

*no drums in second set

**dedicated to Herdygerdy

09-28-76 Onondaga County War Memorial, Syracuse, N.Y. (Tue)

1: Cold Rain, Big River, Bertha, Cassidy, Tennessee Jed, Minglewood, Candyman, All Over Now, FOTD, Let It Grow> GDTRFB

2: Playin> Wheel> Samson> Jam> Comes A Time> *Drums> Eyes> Dancin> Playin **E: Johnny B. Goode

*no drums in second set

**dedicated to Herdygerdy

What a cool show to open up with!! The 1st set was mellow and well played. A perfect 1st set to ease you into the mayhem of what was to follow! It seemed that all the "Jerry" tunes were played double time except for bertha and gdtrfb (whats the rush!?). 2nd set monster like a runaway train and yes comes a time was extremely spectacular. Wish they dedicated esau to herdy....he would have liked that!!!!

• Forum MVP

I'm just starting to come out of the fog ,long ride home yesterday .Got home and the house was 105 ,or so it seemed .well being outside today it was close to 105 at work ,friggin melted into one of the pools.I just wanted to say that I thought the devil in the first set was one of the hottest ever !! really amazing .

• Forum MVP

This was probably my favorite night of the three DSO sets. Everything in the first set was soo solid. The band was really gelling together. Such a long first set though. I got really exhausted but I came roaring back in the second set. Love me a big playing sandwich. Eyes was turned inside out. Comes a time was beautiful. Wheel was passionate. Samson was smoking. Great leads. Dancing was funky. Killer setlist. Love a good 76er.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

This was probably my favorite night of the three DSO sets. Everything in the first set was soo solid. The band was really gelling together. Such a long first set though. I got really exhausted but I came roaring back in the second set. Love me a big playing sandwich. Eyes was turned inside out. Comes a time was beautiful. Wheel was passionate. Samson was smoking. Great leads. Dancing was funky. Killer setlist. Love a good 76er.

I am in total agreement!!!! This was my first Gratefulfest DSO show and a few songs in when we realized it was '76 I pretty much just freaked out with excitement because I've recently discovered that '76 is a favorite year of mine because of the epic setlists due to not being as formulaic, and the fresh vibes (to name a few reasons). SOOOO COOL FOR MY FIRST GRATEFULFEST DSO SHOW!

Also, getting a Dancin' when that was the song that made me get the Dead when I saw DSO the first time (much less a Dancin' with Eyes right before it before they went back into Playin') was icing on the cake. This was by far my favorite DSO show of the weekend, and those who were elsewhere certainly missed out BIG TIME.

That Comes A Time had me and the Deviled Egg practically bursting out of our bodies in joy and the vibes in the crowd at that point were pretty much out of this world.

Either during Eyes, or the return to Playin', the Deviled Egg even looked at me and said, "John who?" and that was when I knew it would only be a matter of time before my baby would finally take me on DSO tour since I've never had the pleasure of more than a few shows in a row (Duh, we are still HUGE John fans and will go see the man play whenever we possibly can, but the Deviled Egg finally accepting DSO without John just made my heart so damn happy it was 'bout to burst! THANK YOU JEFF for bringing new life to our favorite band!!!!) We'll be there from Vibes to Bear's Picnic :)

The other shows that weekend were also super fun, but that night we both realized that DSO has only grown stronger musically and been re-energized emotionally since John left. This is what we had been hoping to see that our February experiences just didn't quite bring to us. Like everyone else, we were always wondering "who's it gonna be" between Jeff and Stu, and we were sad we didn't get to see Stu with DSO on the west coast, so going into Gratefulfest we were expecting good shows, but what we got was X-Factor Epicness all weekend, which is what we want (and let's face it, what we NEED from DSO).

Wish we'd made it to the free show and All Good, but fate had other plans for us that weekend and we had to go be with family. We had friends sending us setlists from the shows, and when word came back to us from All Good that DSO pretty much blew the top off the mountain, we were overjoyed! (But PISSED we missed it! lol)

Anyways, I'm happy to finally get to post a DSO Review about a recent show, and I'm happy that my future has more such chances in store.

It was incredible to meet (and reunite with!) so many of you at Gratefulfest, words cannot express how much it means to us to know you all exist. You are beautiful people, each and every one of you, and I can't wait for next week to get more hugs and have more laughs with many of you.

We are making "DSO Geek Squad" T-Shirts to give to a bunch of ya, hopefully we'll have them in a couple of months. We decided that StarHeads are the absolute geekiest (aka smartest) group in the DeadHead community after reflecting upon the nature of the conversations we were having at Gratefulfest with everyone.... StarHeads understand the music of the Grateful Dead and its purpose beyond any specific individuals who've played the music and THAT is what IT is all about. You'll know when we get the shirts in because you'll all be wearing one :)

In closing, I just have to say I LOVE YOU DSO, you bring the music how it is meant to be brought, and the people you bring together are just the best bunch of people I've ever met. (Especially those of you we have met by always being in the front row.... thought we'd have to find a new spot to stand when John left, but turns out our spot is still the best in the house.... DUH!)

FOREVER Grateful,

Mrs. Deviled Egg

• Forum MVP

I am in total agreement!!!! This was my first Gratefulfest DSO show and a few songs in when we realized it was '76 I pretty much just freaked out with excitement because I've recently discovered that '76 is a favorite year of mine because of the epic setlists due to not being as formulaic, and the fresh vibes (to name a few reasons). SOOOO COOL FOR MY FIRST GRATEFULFEST DSO SHOW!

Also, getting a Dancin' when that was the song that made me get the Dead when I saw DSO the first time (much less a Dancin' with Eyes right before it before they went back into Playin') was icing on the cake. This was by far my favorite DSO show of the weekend, and those who were elsewhere certainly missed out BIG TIME.

That Comes A Time had me and the Deviled Egg practically bursting out of our bodies in joy and the vibes in the crowd at that point were pretty much out of this world.

Either during Eyes, or the return to Playin', the Deviled Egg even looked at me and said, "John who?" and that was when I knew it would only be a matter of time before my baby would finally take me on DSO tour since I've never had the pleasure of more than a few shows in a row (Duh, we are still HUGE John fans and will go see the man play whenever we possibly can, but the Deviled Egg finally accepting DSO without John just made my heart so damn happy it was 'bout to burst! THANK YOU JEFF for bringing new life to our favorite band!!!!) We'll be there from Vibes to Bear's Picnic :)

The other shows that weekend were also super fun, but that night we both realized that DSO has only grown stronger musically and been re-energized emotionally since John left. This is what we had been hoping to see that our February experiences just didn't quite bring to us. Like everyone else, we were always wondering "who's it gonna be" between Jeff and Stu, and we were sad we didn't get to see Stu with DSO on the west coast, so going into Gratefulfest we were expecting good shows, but what we got was X-Factor Epicness all weekend, which is what we want (and let's face it, what we NEED from DSO).

Wish we'd made it to the free show and All Good, but fate had other plans for us that weekend and we had to go be with family. We had friends sending us setlists from the shows, and when word came back to us from All Good that DSO pretty much blew the top off the mountain, we were overjoyed! (But PISSED we missed it! lol)

Anyways, I'm happy to finally get to post a DSO Review about a recent show, and I'm happy that my future has more such chances in store.

It was incredible to meet (and reunite with!) so many of you at Gratefulfest, words cannot express how much it means to us to know you all exist. You are beautiful people, each and every one of you, and I can't wait for next week to get more hugs and have more laughs with many of you.

We are making "DSO Geek Squad" T-Shirts to give to a bunch of ya, hopefully we'll have them in a couple of months. We decided that StarHeads are the absolute geekiest (aka smartest) group in the DeadHead community after reflecting upon the nature of the conversations we were having at Gratefulfest with everyone.... StarHeads understand the music of the Grateful Dead and its purpose beyond any specific individuals who've played the music and THAT is what IT is all about. You'll know when we get the shirts in because you'll all be wearing one :)

In closing, I just have to say I LOVE YOU DSO, you bring the music how it is meant to be brought, and the people you bring together are just the best bunch of people I've ever met. (Especially those of you we have met by always being in the front row.... thought we'd have to find a new spot to stand when John left, but turns out our spot is still the best in the house.... DUH!)

FOREVER Grateful,

Mrs. Deviled Egg

HEy! It was so nice meeting you guys and we really appreciated your stand. Lookin forward to seein ya'll sometime next tour!

aaron and deb

Archived