I Have An Idea?

Guest crazy digits

Guest crazy digits

Lets talk about other GD cover bands, for instance, Splintered Sunlight...See Archive.org for a copy of tonight's show, particularly the second set...It was some sick shit...love it!!!

second set opener

Help>slip ( victim jam in middle of help ) cold rain

• Forum MVP

‎07/15/10 Brownies Setlist 1) Jack Straw, Bertha, Greatest Story, Duprees Diamond Blues, Black Throated Wind, Mr. Charlie, Lazy Lightnin'> Supplication Jam> Loose Lucy. 2) Help On The Way> Slipknot> Cold Rain and Snow, Looks Like Rain> Terrapin Station> Drumz> I Need a Miracle> Simple Twist Of Fate E) Me and My Uncle

I'm excited to see The Schwag this month at Schwagstock with our very own Dino on drums...Stu Allen on lead guitar, Mike Maraat (former DSO member) and Melvin Seals playing keys all show.

Oh, Dino is playing drums with JGB too! :icon14:

See everyone there!!!

FEATURING TWO NIGHTS OF GRATEFUL DEAD MUSIC

WITH

THE SCHWAG

featuring these band members :

JIMMY TEBEAU -- BASS & VOCALS (also a member of JGB)

STU ALLEN -- GUITAR & VOCALS (also a member of JGB)

MELVIN SEALS -- HAMMOND B3 ORGAN & PIANO (also a member of JGB)

DINO ENGLISH -- DRUMS (also a member of Dark Star Orchestra)

MIKE MARAAT -- GUITAR & VOCALS (former member of Dark Star Orchestra)

LEE KRAM -- CONGAS, BONGOS, & ASSORTED PERCUSSION

------------------------------------------------------

also

TWO NIGHTS OF :

MELVIN SEALS & JERRY GARCIA BAND

TWO NIGHTS OF PINK FLOYD TRIBUTE:

THINK FLOYD

ALLMAN BROTHERS TRIBUTE : MORGANTOWN

JAIK WILLIS

NONSTOP REGGAE BAND

PAPA SMILEY & THE BRAIN BANANAS

DEADMAN FLATS

KING LOUIS' REVENGE

SHIBATEN SPIRITS

PHADED

DJ SOLO

PAH-JE

DOOMBOX

DR. AWKWARD

PSYCHEDELIC SHOES

AUXLIX

TWO TONE

UNDERTOW

& more....

• Forum MVP

Lets talk about other GD cover bands, for instance, Splintered Sunlight...See Archive.org for a copy of tonight's show, particularly the second set...It was some sick shit...love it!!!

second set opener

Help>slip ( victim jam in middle of help ) cold rain

Ive known Butchy for a long time and he can certainly play.Is Tom Donavan(Solar Circus) back in the band?I know he was out for awhile to care for his newborn.Not a big fan of that Brownies venue at all though......glad you had fun Bixby.

• Forum MVP

Out in this time zone Cubensis rocks it fuckin' hard! They are in the LA area pretty much every weekend for at least 2 shows, they come this way fairly often (not often enough), and as many of you know, Tom Ryan has sat in with DSO on keys. And they have very cool posters...

bbcabd67-c2c3-4352-8c78-d323a634b04f.large-profile.jpg

May I also recommend the JGB band The Maykers? Yes, I believe I may, in the finest tradition of Teacher Matt answering his own questions. They are also out of So Cal and well worth seeking out if you want good Jerry band (ranging from, say, Sitting in Limbo to Positively 4th Street) played well.

So much music to dance to, so little time...

• Forum MVP

>>>>Oh, Dino is playing drums with JGB too! <<<<

I haven't heard that. I think Pete, their regular drummer is playing the JGB portion of the show but I could be wrong. I'll do it if they ask me.

>>>>>"Forgotten Space" plays Dallas once a month (not nearly enough) for those of you in the Lone Star state.<<<<

Forgotten Space contains my very good friend Jerry Saracini on drums who I have played in several bands with when I played guitar and bass. He also played a major role in turning me on to the Grateful Dead in the first place. He's also sat in with DSO on a few different occasions.

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

"Jerry's Little Band" plays this Saturday in Milford Ohio ,I'll post a setlist Monday if I don't make it down to Lexington to see Born Cross Eyed with Dino. Jerry's Little has a great lead guitarist who has been playing GD matrerial since 1987 named Chris, he also played for "Curve West" which captured the GD/JGB essence. I'm really psycehed to see Guy Clark in Morningview KY (25 miles south of Cincinnati) on August 28 and 29th , nobody writes like Guy Clark and still hits the road. Still waiting for a return of Hunter to the stage. Would even travel to Humboldt if Robert plays a show anytime!

• Forum MVP

If you are in Tampa, FL ...

Uncle Johns Band plays Skippers Smokehouse every Thursday...

the are darn good..

Hell yeah they are. Nice outdoor place they have there for dancing. And drinking. And things like that.

Not to be confused with other UJBs that aren't in Florida.

>>>>Oh, Dino is playing drums with JGB too! <<<<

I haven't heard that. I think Pete, their regular drummer is playing the JGB portion of the show but I could be wrong. I'll do it if they ask me.

>>>>>"Forgotten Space" plays Dallas once a month (not nearly enough) for those of you in the Lone Star state.<<<<

Forgotten Space contains my very good friend Jerry Saracini on drums who I have played in several bands with when I played guitar and bass. He also played a major role in turning me on to the Grateful Dead in the first place. He's also sat in with DSO on a few different occasions.

Small world! Far out...yep, Jerry Saracini!

Kenny Withrow plays lead for "Forgotten Space"...he sounds really good, hits the Jerry tones. He plays an Alembic knock-off of Jerry's "Tiger" (similar/same as the lil guy who plays lead for the Leadheads.

WOW...I heard you were playing for JGB too...hmmmm :rolleyes:

I'm not sure where I read or heard that... Anywho...hope you do! Not taking anything away from Pete at all (He's a great drummer and a really kind guy)...but freshness is always fun. :icon14:

Lets talk about other GD cover bands, for instance, Splintered Sunlight............

That good sir is a capitol idea! In the Old Line State a band called ''On the Bus'' plays in the D.C./Annapolis area although I have yet to hear them.Splintered Sunlight plays the 8x10 in Baltimore every month or so but I still haven't heard them even though they have been around for years.Next time that they come through I'll have to head down.

• Advisory Board

That good sir is a capitol idea! In the Old Line State a band called ''On the Bus'' plays in the D.C./Annapolis area

On July 24th, On the Bus is working on doing a benifit for me, to raise money for my medical bills... I invite anyone who's in the area to come out and have fun. There will be a "Hat-passing-ceremony" at some time during the show.... any thing helps, as I am looking at a $150,000+ medical bill for my recent hospitilization...

The July 24th date is tenitive at the moment, but I will have more info shortly...

Thanks for listening..

"

• Forum MVP

On July 24th, On the Bus is working on doing a benifit for me, to raise money for my medical bills... I invite anyone who's in the area to come out and have fun. There will be a "Hat-passing-ceremony" at some time during the show.... any thing helps, as I am looking at a $150,000+ medical bill for my recent hospitilization...

The July 24th date is tenitive at the moment, but I will have more info shortly...

Thanks for listening..

"

Is jk playing???????

• Advisory Board

Is jk playing???????

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Yeah, JK is playing a benefit for ME! :) hahahahahahahhaa!!! The only reason he'd be there is to put poison in my drink to try and finish off what my heart attack couldn't...

Good one, Steve.... funny shit!

• Forum MVP

Out in this time zone Cubensis rocks it fuckin' hard! They are in the LA area pretty much every weekend for at least 2 shows, they come this way fairly often (not often enough), and as many of you know, Tom Ryan has sat in with DSO on keys. And they have very cool posters...

bbcabd67-c2c3-4352-8c78-d323a634b04f.large-profile.jpg

They've been around the So Cal area for a long time ... the first time I saw them was in Venice Beach Ca about 20 years ago ... anyone living in the So Cal area should go see them , you won't be disappointed at all ...

• Forum MVP

Here you go , Chuck ... a short drive from Vegas on Aug 1rst and good music all day at the Orange County Fair in Costa Mesa Ca ...

OC Fair - Sun Aug 1, Action Sports Arena, free with Fair admission

4pm The Maykers - 6pm Delta Nove - 8pm Cubensis

• Forum MVP

Here you go , Chuck ... a short drive from Vegas on Aug 1rst and good music all day at the Orange County Fair in Costa Mesa Ca ...

OC Fair - Sun Aug 1, Action Sports Arena, free with Fair admission

4pm The Maykers - 6pm Delta Nove - 8pm Cubensis

Thanks -- the OC Fair has been on the radar before, and this lineup is superb (Delta Nove is a fav here in the LV too). The problem with Sundays is Mondays...I don't need a bad case of that right now...but, hmmm, thoughts, Matt?

• Forum MVP

Thanks -- the OC Fair has been on the radar before, and this lineup is superb (Delta Nove is a fav here in the LV too). The problem with Sundays is Mondays...I don't need a bad case of that right now...but, hmmm, thoughts, Matt?

Mondays come quick ... too bad this isn't starting a little earlier and wrapping up a littler earlier ... curfew is probably around 10pm and that would probably put you back in Vegas around 1:30-2:am , not horrible but still a little late for a work night ...

• Forum MVP

They've been around the So Cal area for a long time ... the first time I saw them was in Venice Beach Ca about 20 years ago ... anyone living in the So Cal area should go see them , you won't be disappointed at all ...

They literally play right accross the street from my hotel. saw them once, ehhh, they are all right, I guess I'm spoiled....

• Forum MVP

They literally play right accross the street from my hotel. saw them once, ehhh, they are all right, I guess I'm spoiled....

Richy goes to see them often and always says he had a real good time but they're not DSO ... we're all spoiled ... :D

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

I've always been able to happily dance my ass off to them...but I'm easy like that.

• Forum MVP

I would love being able to see a band of this caliper playing Grateful Dead music locally a few times a month , I like them ... Steve you should catch up with Richy , he's always going to shows and having a good time ... There he is in the picture at the mint last month seeing JGB ... he's wearing his DSO hat , he knows how to represent !!!

32469_1484353067369_1190144882_31388706_1530313_n.jpg

• Forum MVP

You can see a band of HIGHER caliber playing locally if you really want to.When DSO is not around I go see Splintered.Check this out......

2 hour drives are not really local unless they play Asbury and that would be about a 20 minute drive ... I just looked at the schedule and they're playing all PA and MD dates ... My friend Richy could see Cubensis up to eight times a month no longer than a 30 minute and mostly less than 30 minutes with no road tolls and no bridge tolls , that's local ... I really would like to check Splintered out though !!!

Archived