Dso 8/5 Dewey Beach, De - Bottle & Cork

Tea

• Forum MVP

Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA (6/23/76)

Music Never Stopped

Sugaree

Mama Tried

Row Jimmy

Big River

High Time

Looks Like Rain

Brown Eyed Women

Lazy Lightnin'

Supplication

Friend of the Devil

Promised Land

Samson and Delilah

Might As Well

Let it Grow

drums

Let it Grow

Cosmic Charlie

St. Stephen

Not Fade Away

St. Stephen

Dancin' in the Streets

The Wheel

Johnny B. Goode

Guest Lisacat

6/23/76

Great show....I was quite surprised to have ample dancing room. It was definitely hot as hell as I expected. Really nice venue staff. And I really appreciated the security guard who was looking out for me after a guy thought it would be ok to place both of his hands around my breasts and go in for a nice squeeze. No excuse for that...I was in so much shock I didn't know what to do. I'm sort of pissed I didn't smack him but that would have just caused a bigger scene.

Anyway the show- band sounded very good and looked like they were having fun. Nice filler too- you aint woman enough, midnight moonlight, gloria.

• Forum MVP

amazing show!!!! But FUCK DEWEY BEACH! We tried to get a vending permit and got denied bc we were there for DSO, then the Deviled Egg almost got arrested for vending light toys, clothes, crystals and glass, but luckily we said the guy's name who wouldn't give us the permit and they felt bad and let him go.

then not 10 mins later he was standing in line and got worried about the car and when got back to it, the window was SMASHED and our road buddy's duffle bag was gone with everything he had w him from the west coast. His journal he's had since his first Gratefulfest in 2004, all his clothes, our carton of ciggs, a nice wrap, the cats down under the stars money clip he got from our buddies at Vintage Dead, and the $100 GD hoodie he bought from us at Vibes that I sewed our matching patch on (we got 3 music never stops patches for us at vibes to celebrate following DSO together..... Sad stuff :(

so now we have a $200 window replacement bill, we are on our way to Atlantic city and want to do the rest of the tour, but we haven't even sold enough stuff to cover it, and of course we are getting help and of course it's all gonna be ok, but fuck, can't believe those local kids would do this to us! They must have thought we had tons of illegal shit in the car, but we are just silly spunion starheads that sling crystals and other happy hippie accessories!!!!

they were playin high time as I went to get tape to tape our window with tarp, and I balled my eyes out in the lot, hard time living the good life, indeed.

at least it was a 76 show w Dancin, which as ya'll know is a formula for me to become a nostalgic ball of joy, and when we came back in and made it back up front for looks like rain, I was still crying, and Jeff gave me the BIGGEST smile that got me back into the music so I could just dance it out.

never, ever going back to Dewey Beach, but at least we were there for that amazing show, the Deviled Egg's fave Jeff show so far :)

love you guys, see many of you tonight :) if anyone has poker money for the deviled egg we may be able to get some $ back up ;) lmao hehehehe

amazing show!!!! But FUCK DEWEY BEACH! We tried to get a vending permit and got denied bc we were there for DSO, then the Deviled Egg almost got arrested for vending light toys, clothes, crystals and glass, but luckily we said the guy's name who wouldn't give us the permit and they felt bad and let him go.

then not 10 mins later he was standing in line and got worried about the car and when got back to it, the window was SMASHED and our road buddy's duffle bag was gone with everything he had w him from the west coast. His journal he's had since his first Gratefulfest in 2004, all his clothes, our carton of ciggs, a nice wrap, the cats down under the stars money clip he got from our buddies at Vintage Dead, and the $100 GD hoodie he bought from us at Vibes that I sewed our matching patch on (we got 3 music never stops patches for us at vibes to celebrate following DSO together..... Sad stuff :(

so now we have a $200 window replacement bill, we are on our way to Atlantic city and want to do the rest of the tour, but we haven't even sold enough stuff to cover it, and of course we are getting help and of course it's all gonna be ok, but fuck, can't believe those local kids would do this to us! They must have thought we had tons of illegal shit in the car, but we are just silly spunion starheads that sling crystals and other happy hippie accessories!!!!

they were playin high time as I went to get tape to tape our window with tarp, and I balled my eyes out in the lot, hard time living the good life, indeed.

at least it was a 76 show w Dancin, which as ya'll know is a formula for me to become a nostalgic ball of joy, and when we came back in and made it back up front for looks like rain, I was still crying, and Jeff gave me the BIGGEST smile that got me back into the music so I could just dance it out.

never, ever going back to Dewey Beach, but at least we were there for that amazing show, the Deviled Egg's fave Jeff show so far :)

love you guys, see many of you tonight :) if anyone has poker money for the deviled egg we may be able to get some $ back up ;) lmao hehehehe

So sorry to hear this! But I thought I would share a story from the actual show in Upper Darby in 76...rolled into town and there were some guys taking something like 2 bucks for parking in a lot real close to the Tower...so we rolled in headed to the show and upon returning found my buddys yellow honda civic with the back window smashed and the stereo lifted...along with many other cars in the same condition...So these guys had the balls to take our money for parking and THEN rip us off!....Brutal... I hope things work out for you and you can continue the tour...Blessings on your travels and always put the light around the car as you're walking away...Jon

Guest DarkStargirl

I would have jabbed my elbow into his crotch and stomped on his feet at the same time

and have him charged with sexual assault

Don't be afraid of such a'holes.

The Women ARE Smarter!

XXXOOO

Be Strong

6/23/76

Great show....I was quite surprised to have ample dancing room. It was definitely hot as hell as I expected. Really nice venue staff. And I really appreciated the security guard who was looking out for me after a guy thought it would be ok to place both of his hands around my breasts and go in for a nice squeeze. No excuse for that...I was in so much shock I didn't know what to do. I'm sort of pissed I didn't smack him but that would have just caused a bigger scene.

Anyway the show- band sounded very good and looked like they were having fun. Nice filler too- you aint woman enough, midnight moonlight, gloria.

Wow so srry to hear of the tribulations you were subjected to.I kinda agree with Dark Star Girl but thanjfully that moment is over and hopefully never to repeat.I remember in an interview once Jerry literally said "the road will eat you up".For example one year MSG run I was patked two cars away from a friend of mine.Her car was locked solid and mine had so much stuff it was overflowing and literally couldn't be locked.My car was untouched hers was ransacked,strange huh?Here is an insane but sadly true story once while hanging out in colorado Steamboat Springs I think it was.A whole bunch of us tripping and drinking and out of nowhere some psycho came out of the woods with a axe and tried to kill anyone and everyone.He put the axe through the hood of my car seven times,No one had any idea of who or where this psycho came from.Here is another true story.One year for the NYE run I literally had like thirty tix for the run many extras.I was hanging out at Greyhound Rock and for xmas I literally bought hotel rooms for about twenty of us.Had a good party gave out a bunch of "miracles".The next morning I discover while sleeping someone went through my stuff and stole MY tix.As far as DSO I really only encountered problems at ERIE pa the freaking owner of the bar broke into my car of which I ended up losing Box of Rain my alaskan malamute/husky/red wolf/lab who died that night 6/17/05.I being beyond pissed got arrested and the bar owner who admitted breaking into my car walked away.Talk about bullshit.In va my car was towed from a legal spot WITH my dogs inside.Anyway maybe something in here will make you feel a little better.Probably too latr now but was it a secured lot.They might have insurance. ps about the parking fee mentioned elsewher the Wrecking Crew used to pull that scam of charging people for parking when no fee was in place.

Almost forgot one year with our schoolbus we were in Louisana camped in some woods.When all of a sudden a shotgun blast hit the schoolbus.We all ran out to the road and flagged down a cop.He asked us where we were from and we said NY.The cop then told us it was okay for the locals to shoot at us Because we were from NY.Even stranger when the cop got us back to our bus he saw all the GD stickers and literally asked us WHO are the GRATEFUL DEAD he wasn't kidding he really was serious.Well theres more memories better forgotten.

Almost forgot one year with our schoolbus we were in Louisana camped in some woods.When all of a sudden a shotgun blast hit the schoolbus.We all ran out to the road and flagged down a cop.He asked us where we were from and we said NY.The cop then told us it was okay for the locals to shoot at us Because we were from NY.Even stranger when the cop got us back to our bus he saw all the GD stickers and literally asked us WHO are the GRATEFUL DEAD he wasn't kidding he really was serious.Well theres more memories better forgotten.

• Advisory Board

Sounds like deja vu...

I would have paid all the money just to see and hear the fillers!! Wow!! What a great show...perhaps my favorite! I know, everyone has been saying that about every show of late, but this one was just off the hook for me.

Inspiration abounded. These folks are just working with each other and evolving with each and every note. It was a pleasure and a real treat to see them so happy and so full of energy and love and great music! Thank you DSO. And welcome Jeff. Wow.

I had the pleasure of officially meeting the very wise Mrs. Deviled Egg after having danced near her at several shows in the past. I'm so sorry that you and the Deviled Egg had such a bad night with the car incident. So sad to have something so completely invasive take place anytime, let alone when you're on the road. Regardless, it was great dancing with you all night!

And Lisa, I had no idea about the groping incident. Pat said he was very sorry he wasn't around when this happened. Perhaps a good thing, but none the less, he felt badly for you.

Hot as hell in the Cork and Screw, but the amazing show just overtook it all!

• 2 weeks later...

Kira and Chuck, I am sitting here crying because I just read this.... I love you guys, thank you for being there when we needed you the most smile.gif

HAHAHAHA and I have finally graduated to "regular poster" YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!! smile.gif

Stop crying Mrs. Deviled Egg. You might get paprika in your eyes. blink.gif

And besides, you are now a REGULAR poster. So glad you're not irregular.

Love you too.

Kira

• Forum MVP

Stop crying Mrs. Deviled Egg. You might get paprika in your eyes. blink.gif

And besides, you are now a REGULAR poster. So glad you're not irregular.

Love you too.

Kira

Miss Lady, I have had paprika in my eyes since I first saw the Deviled Egg in his ridiculous costume (which I am still talking shit to him about for not wearing it once on this last tour though we had it with us the whole time) at my first festival and since I first met him outside of DSO Asheville when ALL he could talk about was DSO and how much he wanted to see every show he possibly could.... and yeah, it's good to not be so irregular, much better to have it all flow right through :)

Archived