Nfl Knockout Pool

bs69

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say it. Oakland is not as bad as people think. For sure, they've had their dark years but I think their pulling out of that now. They got rid of that hack Jamarcus Russell. Offense is looking a little more stable with Campbell although the beginning of the season was pretty rough. Got some good hands with Zack Miller and Heyward-Bey. McFadden is a really good RB. Nnamdi is a great corner and the D in general has been really tight. Lotsa takeaways. The raiders could win the AFC west. Chargers and Broncos are both garbage. Although KC has good running game I don't see them taking the West. They'll buckle.

Totally agree - Oakland is really starting to come around. Both them and the Lions are looking dangerously respectable. And that really sucks that Oakland decided to put it all together in the year that the Pats have their 1st round pick. :rolleyes:B)

These have been my picks so far:

KC GB NE NYJ ATL PIT Balt OAK

This week I'm taking the Saints.

• Forum MVP

Looks like everyone moves on. Here are this weeks games:

Ravens@Falcons

Lions@Bills

Vikings@Bears

Jets@Browns

Bengals@Colts

Texans@Jaguars

Titans@Dolphins

Panthers@Buccaneers

Chiefs@Broncos

Seahawks@Cardinals

Cowboys@Giants

Rams@49er's

Patriots@Steelers

Eagles@Redskins

I will take the Giants

• Forum MVP

Chargers are garbage.

The Chargers have been decimated by injuries... and will make a run after the bye week allows them to get Gates and Matthews needed rest to get them healthy. They are notorious slow starters and always rebound....I don't think this year will be any different. Their personnel is among the best in the AFC. Also V-Jax will be back soon and Rivers won't have to be throwing the rock to practice player wideouts. I think Rivers is a Top 5 NFL QB. The Chargers will win the AFC West when its all said and done.

• Forum MVP

The Chargers have been decimated by injuries... and will make a run after the bye week allows them to get Gates and Matthews needed rest to get them healthy. They are notorious slow starters and always rebound....I don't think this year will be any different. Their personnel is among the best in the AFC. Also V-Jax will be back soon and Rivers won't have to be throwing the rock to practice player wideouts. I think Rivers is a Top 5 NFL QB. The Chargers will win the AFC West when its all said and done.

Dad, stop trying to lecture me.

The chargers run with the AFC west is over. I just don't think they got what it takes to win that division. I always felt they were an average team in a bad division. They are certainly on the decline, it's between the Chiefs and Raiders.

As for Phillip Rivers being a top 5 quarterback... I'll take Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, and Michael Vick over Rivers. My $0.02...

• Forum MVP

Everyone is a loser, so everyone moves on! Here is this weeks slate:

Bears@Dolphins

Bills@Bengals

Lions@Cowboys

Browns@Jaguars

Cardinals@Chiefs

Packers@Vikings

Texans@Jets

Raiders@Steelers

Redskins@Titans

Seahawks@Saints

Buccaneers@49er's

Falcons@Rams

Colts@Patriots

Giants@Eagles

Broncos@Chargers

I will take the Saints

• Forum MVP

Everyone winns except Mike, who forgot to vote again. Mike, pick tonights game to stay alive. Here is this weeks slate:

Patriots@Lions

Saints@Cowboys

Bengals@Jets

Packers@Falcons

Steelers@Bills

Panthers@Browns

Titans@Texans

Jaguars@Giants

Vikings@Redskins

Dolphins@Raiders

Chiefs@Seahawks

Buccaneers@Ravens

Eagles@Bears

Rams@Broncos

Chargers@Colts

49er's@Cardinals

I will take the Jets

• Forum MVP

Everyone winns except Mike, who forgot to vote again. Mike, pick tonights game to stay alive. Here is this

I goofed again :blush:, the story of my life ... where are we at , can I still get in ???I think I would have to pick the Pats for tonight ...

• Forum MVP

Dad, stop trying to lecture me.

The chargers run with the AFC west is over. I just don't think they got what it takes to win that division. I always felt they were an average team in a bad division. They are certainly on the decline, it's between the Chiefs and Raiders.

As for Phillip Rivers being a top 5 quarterback... I'll take Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, and Michael Vick over Rivers. My $0.02...

You couldn't be more wrong my friend! Hmm, last night Peyton throws four picks, in Indy, while Rivers and the bolts dominated. Rivers is the best pocket passer in the league, hands down. Manning and Brady are still great, but on the decline, and Rivers is entering his prime. Let me throw another stat out there, Rivers has never lost a game in december. This year the Jets aren't goin to luck out :icon13:

You heard it here first, bolts to the bowl. Eat it.

• Forum MVP

HAHAHAHA

okay, i watched the game last night. Rivers looked all right. high completion percentage but he did not get any TD's on offense. Could not get it done in the end zone. It was a defense driven game for the bolts. Manning had no receivers to throw to so he never got fully comfortable. Linkenbach couldnt protect Manning and he was constantly under pressure. The colts are just not a cohesive unit with all these missing pieces e.g. Addai, Collie, Brackett. Just a really sloppy game for the colts.

And i don't know how they do it, but the chargers somehow get it done in November to January. Like i said though, they are in a cake division though. I hope the raiders eek it out just cause that would be so bad ass.

having said that, JETS all the way.

• Forum MVP

HAHAHAHA

okay, i watched the game last night. Rivers looked all right. high completion percentage but he did not get any TD's on offense. Could not get

The it done in the end zone. It was a defense driven game for the bolts. Manning had no receivers to throw to so he never got fully comfortable. Linkenbach couldnt protect Manning and he was constantly under pressure. The colts are just not a cohesive unit with all these missing pieces e.g. Addai, Collie, Brackett. Just a really sloppy game for the colts.

And i don't know how they do it, but the chargers somehow get it done in November to January. Like i said though, they are in a cake division though. I hope the raiders eek it out just cause that would be so bad ass.

having said that, JETS all the way.

The Raiders!!!! Ha. If you're gonna pick someone other than the bolts at least stick with the chiefs...not that they stand a chance tho.....

• Forum MVP

Haven't come by here in a bit...can't believe everyone lost in the same week! Wonder how often that happens?

But Rivers is definitely one of the best QBs in the NFL in my eyes...I have no allegiance to SD, especially since their field goal kicker couldn't convert a 40 yarder to keep me in the DSO Knockout Pool (!), but that guy makes every receiver look like an all pro.

He could easily win the MVP of that league.

Archived