Nfl Knockout Pool

bs69

• Forum MVP

You couldn't be more wrong my friend! Hmm, last night Peyton throws four picks, in Indy, while Rivers and the bolts dominated. Rivers is the best pocket passer in the league, hands down. Manning and Brady are still great, but on the decline, and Rivers is entering his prime. Let me throw another stat out there, Rivers has never lost a game in december. This year the Jets aren't goin to luck out :icon13:

You heard it here first, bolts to the bowl. Eat it.

Rivers hasn't lost a game in December but literally shit's in his pants in the playoffs. The difference this year is that they have a great defense. I don't trust Norv Turner in a big game.

I'm a die hard Jet's fan, have been for 30 years, and love Ryan but I just don't think Sanchez is ready YET. Usually takes qb's 5 years to mature in the NFL, this game is huge. I'll take my chances in the playoffs against the bolts at home in the freezing meadowlands...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Everyone moves on! Here is this weeks slate:

Texans@Eagles

Saints@Bengals

49er's@Packers

Broncos@Chiefs

Browns@Dolphins

Bills@Vikings

Redskins@Giants

Jaguars@Titans

Raiders@Chargers

Rams@Cardinals

Cowboys@Colts

Panthers@Seahawks

Falcons@Buccaneers

Steelers@Ravens

Jets@Patriots

I will take the Seahawks

• Forum MVP

Down to two. BS69 & Comesatime. Here is this weeks slate:

Colts@Titans

Browns@Bills

Packers@Lions

Giants@Vikings

Bengals@Steelers

Buccaners@Redskins

Falcons@Panthers

Raiders@Jaguars

Seahawks@49er's

Rams@Saints

Dolphins@Jets

Broncos@Cardinals

Patriots@Bears

Chiefs@Chargers

Eagles@Cowboys

Ravens@Texans

I will take the Falcons

• Forum MVP

For the Jets, it would not be so bad to lose this game tonight.

I like the Jets much more than the Pats and part of me (the left side of my brain) would be glad because it figures to be much harder to beat a good to great team twice in a row in a span of two months and the big win would be against NE in the AFC championship.

I know Ryan isn't thinking this way and wants to kick their ass twice in two months but he's more of a right hemisphere kind of guy.

So for you Jets fans out there...I think this game is the one to lose, despite the home field situation.

• Forum MVP

For the Jets, it would not be so bad to lose this game tonight.

I like the Jets much more than the Pats and part of me (the left side of my brain) would be glad because it figures to be much harder to beat a good to great team twice in a row in a span of two months and the big win would be against NE in the AFC championship.

I know Ryan isn't thinking this way and wants to kick their ass twice in two months but he's more of a right hemisphere kind of guy.

So for you Jets fans out there...I think this game is the one to lose, despite the home field situation.

would rather see them loose this one over any play off games or the super bowl for sure , but I really do want to see the Pats get their asses handed to them tonight ...

GO JETS !!!

• Forum MVP

Well the jets got fucking demolished tonight. Couldn't even score a TD on the worst defense in the NFL. Pathetic, Had to turn the game off.

BUT

The raiders beat the chargers TWICE this season and have a better record within the division although they are both .500. Rivers didn't look to hot out there either. Now I'm no raiders fan but I got respect for the team and their fans. Probably the most dedicated fans even with the dark years they've been going through. I'm glad to see them start to climb out. And for some reason i really enjoy watching the chargers lose and Rivers throw a hissy fit. Chargers = mediocre team in a shitty division. They are no better than the raiders.

• Forum MVP

Well the jets got fucking demolished tonight. Couldn't even score a TD on the worst defense in the NFL. Pathetic, Had to turn the game off.

BUT

The raiders beat the chargers TWICE this season and have a better record within the division although they are both .500. Rivers didn't look to hot out there either. Now I'm no raiders fan but I got respect for the team and their fans. Probably the most dedicated fans even with the dark years they've been going through. I'm glad to see them start to climb out. And for some reason i really enjoy watching the chargers lose and Rivers throw a hissy fit. Chargers = mediocre team in a shitty division. They are no better than the raiders.

Being a perenially frustrated Redskins fan, I do get a kick out of watching the endless stream of NFL players who get cut from Washington only to shine on other teams.

The latest examples are Jason Campbell and Matt Suisham.

I'm pulling for the Raiders this year. Shit, they deserve some glory after years in the basement.

• Forum MVP

I know I'm not really in this pool... but I'm still alive in the one that I am in for money. $20 each for 120 people and we're now down to 8.

Crea KC GB NE NYJ ATL PIT Balt OAK NO TB SD CLE CHI -

tonight: Colts! I don't trust them much anymore but the Titans are just plain terrible.

Should we all let this board know how we're doing in other pools?

:)

Should we all let this board know how we're doing in other pools?

:)

Why not? It's the exact same type of pool. Seemed relevant to me and I'm pretty excited about it, but oh well. Sorry if my posts bothered you. :P

:cheers:

I'm not too afraid of the Bears, although anything can happen. AFC > NFC. Pats D is very underrated IMHO... a lot of the yards they gave up have been with the game under control, and they cause a lot of turnovers.

• Forum MVP

Cowboys

I guess I won this round :580:

How about those Bears? Look for an upset against the Pats this weekend.

oops! Pats sure are good in the snow. Maybe they won't get the Metrodome fixed and the Bears will get an extra home game.

• Forum MVP

How about those Bears? Look for an upset against the Pats this weekend.

I missed this post...having watched the Bears every week this season, I would have promised you my car if they had somehow been able to beat NE. The difference between them and us is comparable to the difference between William Blake and Bob Ross.

I swear, if we don't find a way to choke going into the playoffs and Lovie Smith is brought back, I think I will move to London.

Congrats on winning the pool Brad!

• Forum MVP

The Chargers have been decimated by injuries... and will make a run after the bye week They are notorious slow starters and always rebound....I don't think this year will be any different. Their personnel is among the best in the AFC. I think Rivers is a Top 5 NFL QB. The Chargers will win the AFC West when its all said and done.

Like I told ya son.....what I said.

Bah! I already picked the Bears. I have two of these going, one on ESPN and one via e-mail and other than the fact that I forgot to pick one week on ESPN I'm alive in both - but they're a little different since I goofed up on three or four weeks.

Hmm... Houston over Tennessee, Arizona over Carolina, Miami over Buffalo, or St. Louis over Kansas City - only if Matt Cassell can't play.

Edit - after looking at all three weeks, I'm going with Arizona. And if that pans out, Philly over MN in week 16, and then week 17 is too close to call yet. Luckily there are a huge number of teams with realistic playoff hopes, the only team who has even clinched the playoffs is NE.

Archived