2/4/11 Variety Playhouse, Atlanta, Ga

Guest augustwest

Guest augustwest

10-27-80 Radio City Music Hall, New York, N.Y.

Acoustic Set:

Race Is On; All Around This World; Monkey & Engineer; To Lay Me Down; Heaven Help The Fool; Rosalie McFall; On The Road Again; Bird Song> Ripple

Electric Set One:

Alabama> Greatest; Friend of the Devil; Minglewood Blues; Peggy-O; Passenger; Row Jimmy; Sailor> Saint> Deal

Electric Set Two:

Truckin> Scarlet> Fire> Drumz> Wharf Rat> Miracle> Bertha> Johnny B. Goode

Encore: Casey Jones

Bonus song by Lisa: ???

Notes: 5 hour+ set. On fire from beginning to end. Very cool vibe in the audience. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

• Forum MVP

10-27-80 Radio City Music Hall, New York, N.Y.

Acoustic Set:

Race Is On; All Around This World; Monkey & Engineer; To Lay Me Down; Heaven Help The Fool; Rosalie McFall; On The Road Again; Bird Song> Ripple

Electric Set One:

Alabama> Greatest; Friend of the Devil; Minglewood Blues; Peggy-O; Passenger; Row Jimmy; Sailor> Saint> Deal

Electric Set Two:

Truckin> Scarlet> Fire> Drumz> Wharf Rat> Miracle> Bertha> Johnny B. Goode

Encore: Casey Jones

Bonus song by Lisa: ???

Notes: 5 hour+ set. On fire from beginning to end. Very cool vibe in the audience. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

Extra was Strange Man and she hit the ball out of the park, folks!!! The whole band kicked it last night big time!!!! RB

• Forum MVP

DSO ripped it to pieces last night. Deal was the highlight for me - what a great version.

There were times when Jeff kept driving the jam along higher and higher.

I don't know how he can pull that much engery out of those strings, bounce it off the audience and back into the sky.

• Forum MVP

Extra was Strange Man and she hit the ball out of the park, folks!!! The whole band kicked it last night big time!!!! RB

Lisa really belted this one out with so much power that all the gospel churches in town came a runn'n to sign her up as the star of the choir. The whole audience from Blind Willy's Blues Club a couple miles away were bang'n on the Playhouse door to see if it was Janis or Big Momma Thornton that had come back to life.

"Stange Man" orginaly by Dorothy Love Coates

This time the crowd asked her

"Do you know the man?"

She said "No, I never saw him before"

They asked her "Did you get his name?"

She said "He didn't tell me and I don't know

But when he touched me I felt the power from the arms

And I ain't gonna do no wrong

I'm glad he stopped by

Blessed my soul

Now he's gone"

complete lyrics at http://www.whitegum.com/introjs.htm?/songfile/STRANGEM.HTM

Guest DeadHeadShawn

This was my 2nd time seeing Jeff with DSO..1st time was Terrapin hill harvest fest.Maybe cause I was so use to JK,I was expecting more that night.But,This past weekend,made me realize,Dam,Jeff rocks it.Thats all I will say.I dont know how many times I have seen DSO,(Alot)LOL.And I have to say,the,Atlanta,and Charlotte shows I just saw,are in the top 5 DSO shows I have seen,Dont even know what the other 3 would be,but I will remember these 2 shows for awhile.Thank You DSO. :dsorocks:

Archived