Union County Arts Center, Rahway, Nj: 3/9/11

VincentPuleo

• Forum MVP

I am not in attendance, however my mother and a bunch of friends are... apparently an amazing Looks Like Rain.

04/21/84

Philadelphia Civic Center - Philadelphia, PA

Set 1:

Alabama Getaway

Promised Land

Friend Of The Devil

Me And My Uncle

Mexicali Blues

West LA Fadeaway

New Minglewood Blues

Tennessee Jed

Looks Like Rain

Deal

Set 2:

Help On The Way

Slipknot!

Franklin's Tower

Playin' In The Band

China Doll

Don't Need Love

Drums

Wharf Rat

Throwin' Stones

Not Fade Away

Encore:

Brokedown Palace

• Forum MVP

How was the China Doll at this show?? Would love to hear someone's description...or how Jeff delivers this sweet tune in general from others who have heard him play/sing it at other shows...

Given how he seems to handle most other songs (particularly, delicate ones like Dew, Stella, Standing on the Moon, etc.), I can only imagine he lets it unfold masterfully....

Would also appreciate any recent Jeff playing China Doll youtube links if anyone knows of such....

Thanks so much,,,,

Guest Lisacat

How was the China Doll at this show?? Would love to hear someone's description...or how Jeff delivers this sweet tune in general from others who have heard him play/sing it at other shows...

Given how he seems to handle most other songs (particularly, delicate ones like Dew, Stella, Standing on the Moon, etc.), I can only imagine he lets it unfold masterfully....

Would also appreciate any recent Jeff playing China Doll youtube links if anyone knows of such....

Thanks so much,,,,

I've always felt Jeff does a fantastic job with China Doll- actually my favorite ballad now in context of current DSO lineup. I remember being particularly impressed with the china doll back in Charlotte Feb last year....loved that show btw....was prior to them doing any 69 shows, but they did a bunch of the material (operator, good lovin, hard to handle, old school dancin and minglewood, etc).

• Forum MVP

Thanks so much,,,,

like a surgeon.......

http://www.archive.org/details/DarkStarOrchestraLiveAtTheVarietyPlayhouseAtlantaGa2010-02-26

• Advisory Board

I do know there was some heavy hittin' tour heads in there to bless your way>

Not really... capacity at that venue (which is beautiful BTW) is 1300, and I think they only sold 450... with the ticket sales, guest list, and radio give-away's there was only 520-530 in attendance...

Being my birthday show, I was excited to get the China Doll, and also in whole an 84 show... Gotta LOVE those 83-84 shows!! To those of you on here and were at the show, thanks for the applause after they told y'all it was my birthday and I ran out on stage, and threw my arms up in the air... There's a memory I will always cherish!

:dsorocks:

Archived