The Peopleofjapan

nwnj steve

• Forum MVP

Sitting here this morning,drinking my coffee, getting ready for work realizing how dam lucky I am for all the wonderful things I have in my life today .Just like alot of people in japan did a few days ago then all of a sudden the shit hits the fan and their lives are turned up side down .People don t even know where loved ones are or if they re even alive . nuclear fallout ,there is some terriable shit going on over there so take a minute out of your day and realize how freakin good you got it even if things don t seem to bright at times. peace

The Pacific jetstream is currently flowing due east directly toward the United States. In the event of a major meltdown and continuous large-volume radioactive release, airborne particles will be carried across the ocean in bands that will cross over the southern halves of Oregon, Montana and Idaho, all of California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, the Dakotas, northern Nebraska and Iowa and ending in Wisconsin and Illinois, with possible further eastward drift depending on surface wind direction.

Most of the particles can be expected to travel high in the atmosphere, with fallout dependent on low pressure zones, rainfall and temperatures over the US. If a meltdown can be contained in Fukushima, a small amount of particles would be dispersed in the atmosphere with little immediate effect on human and animal health.

Another climate factor to be taken into account is the potential for an El Nino Variable bulging the jetstream further northward, causing fallout over western Canada and a larger number of American states.

SO....

from David Wolfe: How to protect yourself and your thyroid against radiation: kelp, ginseng, ashwaganda (recently found to regrow nerves), chlorella, zeolites, fulvic acid, nascent iodine, reishi mushroom, sea salt (also salty miso), botanical (plant-derived) or lipo- vitamin C, magnesium (chlorophyll), selenium (brazil nuts), coconut butter, Megahydrate, Crystal Energy. Spread the word.

We are indeed very fortunate here in the U.S. that nothing like what has happened (and continues to unfold) in Japan has ever been experienced by us before. To be sure, we have had earthquakes before that have caused death and destruction, but nothing on the scale of Japan's current diisaster. My heart goes out to all who who have lost loved ones, or who cannot find out if they are dead, or alive. The anguish that survivors must be going through is just too much to comprehend. I do not know how I would be coping in similar circumstances, but I am sure that bonds will be formed among groups that manage to help each other deal with the loss, the digging out, and rebuilding of their lives.

The nuclear element is extremely scary. Memories of Chernobyl are still fresh in my mind, and this time there is not one reactor, but four that are in danger of melting down. Even though nuclear energy is relatively "clean", there is no such thing as "safe" nuclear power. It is time we invest in wind and solar power and leave fossil fuels where they belong... underground.

Topher

In a country of 130 million people, with a majority of them impacted by this disaster, there has not been ONE instance of looting reported. That is an amazing fact and a testament to their culture!!!!!! My prayers are with them!

Peace,

Joe

• Forum MVP

A painful moment for humanity, indeed (and all other creatures as well...). Agree with Topher that there is no true possiblitly of "safe" nuclear power...

Perhaps some of the good that comes out of this will be widespread renewal in questioning nuclear power's safety and a focus on more sustainable power sources such as wind and solar, as Topher mentioned.

What's unfolding right now in Japan is not looking good and scary what the impacts are likely to be....

Prayers out to the people of Japan mostly directly affected by radiation leaks at this moment....

Dreaming of a nuclear-free world, but meanwhile:

I can't walk you out in the morning dew today.....

• Forum MVP

When I was a young man and living in so cal back in the early 80's I made some very good friends from Japan ... Their parents we're very wealthy and let them escape the rigidness of Japan to attend college in the US and enjoy their youth while surfing , smoking weed and going to Grateful Dead shows with me and Richy in good old sunny California ... I'm sure their parents had no clue about the weed and Grateful Dead shows ...

This is a terrible disaster , I couldn't even imagine trying to survive through this ... My prayers are for the people of Japan and I hope my old friends made it out of harms way ...

To Lookyloo, Starheads, and the band,

It's been a quite a while and I'm sorry not to appear here and there since 2007.

I'm in Tokyo and everyone near me are alright.

The family of my girlfriend living in Miyako-city, Iwate are also alright.

Tsunami hit the north-east Japan only 15 minutes after earthquake was so bad,

and my girlfriend's father lost his fishing boat and 80% of the town washed away.

Tokyo is still shaking more than 10 times a day by small earthquake.

Now, Nuclear power plant accident is our great concern.

I hope it won't get any worth...

We will get by!!!

Love from Japan.

Nob Aoki

P.S.

I just got a call from my friend that DSO will play at Fuji Rock Festival this summer.

First time in Japan!!!

• Forum MVP

To Lookyloo, Starheads, and the band,

It's been a quite a while and I'm sorry not to appear here and there since 2007.

I'm in Tokyo and everyone near me are alright.

The family of my girlfriend living in Miyako-city, Iwate are also alright.

Tsunami hit the north-east Japan only 15 minutes after earthquake was so bad,

and my girlfriend's father lost his fishing boat and 80% of the town washed away.

Tokyo is still shaking more than 10 times a day by small earthquake.

Now, Nuclear power plant accident is our great concern.

I hope it won't get any worth...

We will get by!!!

Love from Japan.

Nob Aoki

P.S.

I just got a call from my friend that DSO will play at Fuji Rock Festival this summer.

First time in Japan!!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((NOB)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

thanks for chiming in Brother, we miss you so much.

• Forum MVP

In a country of 130 million people, with a majority of them impacted by this disaster, there has not been ONE instance of looting reported. That is an amazing fact and a testament to their culture!!!!!! My prayers are with them!

Peace,

Joe

We were having a discussion about that the other day at work. We could definitely learn a lot about banding together as one when it comes to times of trouble. If this happens in the US, we would need the Army to help with the search and rescue and the National Guard to stop the looting.

Archived