And.....down The Stretch They Come!

Tea

• Forum MVP

I am sure that time has been moving painfully slow over the last few weeks for many of you. You are almost there....

Bon Voyage to everyone that is lucky enough to be sailing on this ship next week. I hope that everybody has safe travels and enjoys the ride as much as the time you have when you are there. Remember: "Such a long, long time to be gone....and a short time to be there." Here are my instructions/requests for the attendees:

1) Be smart and you'll be safe

2) Be that stranger stopping another stanger, just to shake their hand - you'll be glad you did

3) Try the Pizza

4) Be ready for the musical atom bomb that's about to drop and savor every freakin note

Lastly...............

5) Some of us will need a detailed account of your experiences so be ready to share what you see, hear, and feel

My 2-year old son has a minor surgery scheduled for Wednesday moring so I am going to have to wait another year for my turn......please send some awesome G-Fest (((vibes))) to Charlie and wish him a speedy recovery.

While I am on this thread, for those of you that are G-Fest pros, please share your core 'list' of items/to do's/not do's to help make sure the less-expereinced visitors to the ledges have the time of their lives.

It's so close you can taste it :cheers:

• Forum MVP

I am sure that time has been moving painfully slow over the last few weeks for many of you. You are almost there....

Bon Voyage to everyone that is lucky enough to be sailing on this ship next week. I hope that everybody has safe travels and enjoys the ride as much as the time you have when you are there. Remember: "Such a long, long time to be gone....and a short time to be there." Here are my instructions/requests for the attendees:

2) Be that stranger stopping another stanger, just to shake their hand - you'll be glad you did

3) Try the Pizza

4) Be ready for the musical atom bomb that's about to drop and savor every freakin note

Lastly...............

5) Some of us will need a detailed account of your experiences so be ready to share what you see, hear, and feel

My 2-year old son has a minor surgery scheduled for Wednesday moring so I am going to have to wait another year for my turn......please send some awesome G-Fest (((vibes))) to Charlie and wish him a speedy recovery.

While I am on this thread, for those of you that are G-Fest pros, please share your core 'list' of items/to do's/not do's to help make sure the less-expereinced visitors to the ledges have the time of their lives.

It's so close you can taste it cheers.gif

3) Is mandatory, and you will be glad you did.

Arrive early, stay up late, clean up after yourself when you leave.

I second the "be safe, have fun" emotion.

Heads up for the PO PO... They are there and "undercover"... But if you heed the word of your fellow posters and BE CAREFUL, you will be fine.. Also bring hand drums.. I find I have the most fun at the NLQP drumcircles. Maybe it has something to do with the campfires and fellow deadheads, but what ever it is I crave those late night drum/dance parties! Above all Gratefulfest is the best festival around and we are all soooo lucky to be able to be a part of another year!! Cherish these moments people!! Before you know it, it will be monday July 4th and we'll all be packing up and sayin our goodbyes..

Make sure you find me, I make a big jug full of "Grateful Dead" for the occasion.. Heres my recipe for all those interested...

1 fifth - Vodka

1 fifth - Gin

1 fifth - Tequlia

1 fifth - Triple Sec

2 liters of sour mix

1 pint of Chambour

1 pint of Blue Curaco

Sounds dangerous, but it makes this wonderful fruity tye dye looking concoction... Serve on ice and Drink Slow! See you guys Weds!!

Bring your rain gear folks. It's been raining so much in NE ohio the last few months that the animals are starting to line up in pairs. Hopefully we won't get any rain but i think we will be lucky if we stay dry.

Also because of the heavy amount of rain ... i have to believe the mosquito population is booming, especially by that fishing lake. Be prepared.

3) Try the Pizza

Lastly...............

It's so close you can taste it :cheers:

Thanks, T!!!!!

I'll have my laptop there but I really doubt I'll get online to post. You never know though.

(((CHARLIE)))

Heads up for the PO PO... They are there and "undercover"... But if you heed the word of your fellow posters and BE CAREFUL, you will be fine.. Also bring hand drums.. I find I have the most fun at the NLQP drumcircles. Maybe it has something to do with the campfires and fellow deadheads, but what ever it is I crave those late night drum/dance parties! Above all Gratefulfest is the best festival around and we are all soooo lucky to be able to be a part of another year!! Cherish these moments people!! Before you know it, it will be monday July 4th and we'll all be packing up and sayin our goodbyes..

Make sure you find me, I make a big jug full of "Grateful Dead" for the occasion.. Heres my recipe for all those interested...

1 fifth - Vodka

1 fifth - Gin

1 fifth - Tequlia

1 fifth - Triple Sec

2 liters of sour mix

1 pint of Chambour

1 pint of Blue Curaco

Sounds dangerous, but it makes this wonderful fruity tye dye looking concoction... Serve on ice and Drink Slow! See you guys Weds!!

Starhead,

Look me up at campsite 86 or 87 (if we are lucky to get that site). We can drum together. I hate drumming at the beach as no one listens to each other and ends up being a mess. I tried to play there several times only to leave after playing 5 minutes. I don't travel far to drum. I listen to a specific drum circle and if it sounds like people are listening to each and trying to play together, I'll go. If not, I don't bother with it and stay in my campsite and drum to tunes played by Jay Brown and Anddave. I do want to try your drink.

• Forum MVP

Bring your rain gear folks. It's been raining so much in NE ohio the last few months that the animals are starting to line up in pairs. Hopefully we won't get any rain but i think we will be lucky if we stay dry.

Also because of the heavy amount of rain ... i have to believe the mosquito population is booming, especially by that fishing lake. Be prepared.

Mosquito-6.jpg

Having been in this area during my college days and growing up in the midwest 'Hedges near the Ledges' knows of what he speaks. Don't let these little buggars spoil your fun. If you want a non-harmful (hello parents) repellant, I found that pepermint oil works pretty well. I would suspect that will also save the other atendees from your 'shtank' if you are planning on a shower hiatus during your stay. I guess Cintranella candles surrounding your camping diggs may not be a bad idea either....

Starhead,

Look me up at campsite 86 or 87 (if we are lucky to get that site). We can drum together. I hate drumming at the beach as no one listens to each other and ends up being a mess. I tried to play there several times only to leave after playing 5 minutes. I don't travel far to drum. I listen to a specific drum circle and if it sounds like people are listening to each and trying to play together, I'll go. If not, I don't bother with it and stay in my campsite and drum to tunes played by Jay Brown and Anddave. I do want to try your drink.

Will do!! I hate playing in "drum circle messes" as well!! And I will have plenty of drink to go around!!

• Forum MVP

Thanks, T!!!!!

I'll have my laptop there but I really doubt I'll get online to post. You never know though.

(((CHARLIE)))

No worries. I would not expect somebody to fire up their lapper to provide a blow-by-blow account. What I would really like though is for people to describe the experience/vibe/music once they had had sufficient time to:

1) Reflect

2) Sober Up

3) Sleep

The waaaiiiiiting is the hardest part..................... :lol:

• Forum MVP

As usual anddave is struggling to keep up in the stretch, but thanks to encouragement from Keith i expect to be in attendance even though there will be no chuckvegas there. I'm given to understand the bands are pretty good so mightaswell mightaswell. Time to hoist the banner one more time. I'm working on the suit of mirrors right now. As always I camp where Evan puts me, which has always served well. See you there under the banner. Leave contraband at home and enjoy that sweet peace of mind... everytime.

:D

My 2-year old son has a minor surgery scheduled for Wednesday moring so I am going to have to wait another year for my turn...

Tha'ts a bummer. I can't make it this year either because I'm only 17 <_<

... please share your core 'list' of items/to do's/not do's...

This is the year to show Evan how much we love him, how much we appreciate what he's done to rehabilitate the quarry, use his family's distress to help others in distress, and keep this music alive and thriving. Never again should he need to post "NLQP is not closing."

Everyone you meet in town, on the road, and at the quarry, let them leave the encounter thinking how cool the people are who come to the quarry. Spend your money locally and let everyone who receives it know you are a quarry guest, and a kind one at that. If you see anyone doing anything to jeopardize the future of the quarry, educate them. Now is not the time to silently watch.

One drug bust will cancel out the goodwill earned by 100 fellow campers. Show Evan and the quarry the love. Show it to the cops and locals. Have them look forward to us coming next year.

This is the year to show Evan how much we love him, how much we appreciate what he's done to rehabilitate the quarry, use his family's distress to help others in distress, and keep this music alive and thriving. Never again should he need to post "NLQP is not closing."

Everyone you meet in town, on the road, and at the quarry, let them leave the encounter thinking how cool the people are who come to the quarry. Spend your money locally and let everyone who receives it know you are a quarry guest, and a kind one at that. If you see anyone doing anything to jeopardize the future of the quarry, educate them. Now is not the time to silently watch.

One drug bust will cancel out the goodwill earned by 100 fellow campers. Show Evan and the quarry the love. Show it to the cops and locals. Have them look forward to us coming next year.

AND, Run Mary, remember it's fine to bring your teddy bear, but for goodness' sake, please leave your gun at home.

Well gang, I'm bummed that I won't be at the Ledges early this year...again. Duty calls, and I have to attend a conference for work.

Don't feel too bad though...I'll be in a beachfront hotel in Florida for five days. I'd rather be in NE Ohio, but I think I'll find a way to manage.

Anyway, I've been jonesing for this GFest more and more as the weeks have gone on. Because I'm returning Thursday night and planning on leaving very early Friday morning for the Ledges, the car is essentially packed a week in advance.

Until next week!

Giddy Gratefulfester's couldn't be a more appropriate title!!! This is our first trip, and we are bringing two 15 1/2 year olds.....they too, much like us, are SO SO looking forward to this trip (and the days are going by painfully slow!).....altho I am new to these boards, and am shy about posting, we come with vast experiences and many many positive vibes......can't wait to meet you all and shake our bones!!! Safe travels to all and we will see you soon!!! Hugs and kisses to Charlie - hope he is feeling back to himself in no time!!

I got in on saturday, setup and stayed the night. Took a swim yesterday and headed back to reality.

I should be in for good on tuesday around 6PM.

Mosquitos are pretty bad in the woods. Even during the day they are biting. Might not be bad once everyone arrives but be prepared if you come early.

The quarry water is a bit chilly but once you are in you are fine. I swam/floated for about an hour yesterday.

• Forum MVP

I got the redeye out of Vegas this Thursday...

land in Cleveland at 6am ...

my awesome Dad is picking me up at airport...

drive to my hometown, Lorain, to kiss my Mom get the van keys and a cooler of Newcastle. orange swimtrunks, and some canned goods ...

ETA - Ledges by 2pm ....

Archived