My Favorite Quote " "

comesatime

"We're gonna try to get everything just exactly perfect . . . on account of our new name is the Just Exactly Perfect Brothers Band."

-Bob Weir

Because everyone knows that as good as that band was, there was NEVER a time that things were "just exactly perfect." And I like it that way!

• Forum MVP

This has always been my all time favorite Jerry quote....

Uncertainty is what's happening to me. Are we living out some predetermined script in which the ending is already known?

If so, why are we doing it?

What's the purpose?

Or is it possible that the gift of consciousness has a direct relationship to the atoms of the sense and purpose in the design of organisms, you know, I mean, we're surrounded by artifact of the mind, things we've invented. All these things are metaphors--they're telling me something about what my mind is. Matter to energy, man, that's the game here in this universe. It's furious manipulation, man, and it's coming from my mind!

It's what separates us from IT. I'm curious because I've had my fucking mind blown. What is IT? I can't imagine being alive and not wondering about IT. Many don't care, but something cares for them whether they like it or not.

"Ugly but honest, that's us. Hey, there's a good title for you, 'Ugly But Honest.' A'course, we ain't all that honest, either. Maybe just 'Ugly' is good enough." Garcia, 1970

"They do something that nobody else does: they create mass hysteria of a very benign sort which makes people hear and see things that cannot be heard an should not be seen." Barlow, 1988

"Anybody in the Grateful Dead could draw you a picture of the Grateful Dead, man. It's got like six or seven weird legs, mismatched pairs, and one moth-eaten eagle wing and one bat wing, you know, and it snorts fire and it's cross-eyed...and it jumps up and kicks around and laughs real loud." Garcia, 1972

• Forum MVP

This has always been my all time favorite Jerry quote...."We're like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but the people that like licorice really like licorice."

Doesn't Jerry specifically refer to black licorice? I mean, doesn't everybody like the red kind?

• Forum MVP

Doesn't Jerry specifically refer to black licorice? I mean, doesn't everybody like the red kind?

My memory tells me you are exactly correct and yes everyone, even denture-wearers, like the red kind.

The "incredibly pathetic" quote is a favorite of mine.

Jerry's got another great one about making your living without hurting anyone.

My all-time, worldwide, no-holds-barred favorite is still and probably always will be Scott Larned to David Gans, in what I think was the very first appearance of DSO personnel on the GDH, answering a question as to whether the roadies are in charge like was the apparent case in the GD:

"We're all just pawns in Tiny's big game!"

• Forum MVP

"Our trip was never to go out and change the world. I mean, what would we change it to? Whatever we did would probably be worse than the way it is now." -- Jerry Garcia

Looking at the third generation of Dead Heads coming along now, all I can think of is, talk about the law of unintended consequences. laugh.gif

• Forum MVP

"Our trip was never to go out and change the world. I mean, what would we change it to? Whatever we did would probably be worse than the way it is now." -- Jerry Garcia

Looking at the third generation of Dead Heads coming along now, all I can think of is, talk about the law of unintended consequences. laugh.gif

Nice one Chuck!

Archived