The Future....

vbf3

Phil is a great bass player. On the other hand, I believe that his questionable musico-business interactions over the years have been documented and Phil has often come across less than admirably. Hence the saying "Phil got his liver from some jerk." People in Fairfax have the right to be concerned and to have a voice about what is going down in their community.

Opinions are like assholes.... B)

• Forum MVP
People in Fairfax have the right to be concerned and to have a voice about what is going down in their community.

Of course they do, but the point here is it's better to do so in a city council meeting than stalking Phil on his walking route.

• Advisory Board

The backstory is the Phil and Jill are schmucks. How dare someone criticize.

:rofl: :rofl:

I can see how Phil would be "unnerved." And putting fliers on cars parked at a funeral does show an undeniable lack of sensitivity. Fortunately the matter seems to be coming back up on the agenda rather than being consigned to the dustbin of history.

This concept works for Levon and I do hope it gets a chance to shine for Phil. I simply got a kick out of the reactions as described in the article.

Phil definatly copied that idea from Levon Helms.. As far as puting fliers on cars at a child's funeral, and posting signs along Phil's walk route, that's really fucked up, and uncalled for....

Who wants a bunch of dirty, smelly, drug crazed hippies invading their town looking for miracles? How could these pot-bellied, tye-dyed, grey beards possibly aide the local economy?

I'd love to have a bunch of dirty, smelly, drug crazed hippies invading my town... and as far as the local economy, the head shops and organic food markets would get a nice boost... as far as everyone else is concerned about having a bunch of us smelly hippies running around town, I say Fuck Em!!

• Forum MVP

And while your at it thank phil too....

Indeed. After studying this music for quite some time now, the one thing I've learned is how each member of the band were truly integral to the Grateful Dead's ability to take music where they did.

I other words, I believe that the Grateful Dead wouldn't have had the ability to do what they did without Phil or Bobby... or Billy... Everyone was as equally important to the music as Jerry was.

That was sort of irrelevant

However, I feel people are too critical of Phil. There is no doubt his relationship with DSO has been weird at times however, there is only so much we can honestly understand. To call Phil a "schmuck" is pretty harsh and involves some kind of speculation.

• Forum MVP
the one thing I've learned is how each member of the band were truly integral

and involves some kind of speculation.

Vincent is wise, especially about the speculation. The only person who truly knows what's in the mind of Phil is of course....

me!

:cheers:

:moon:

:580:

:rofl:

Archived