State College

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

Set 1

Jack Straw, Cold Rain & Snow, Wang Dang Doodle, Candyman, Mexicali Blues-> Cumberland Blues, Picasso Moon, Box Of Rain

Set 2

Dark Star-> Saint Of Circumstance-> Eyes Of The World-> Drums-> Jam-> The Other One-> Dark Star-> Attics Of My Life-> Good Lovin', E:Brokedown Palace>We Bid You Goodnite

Was lucky enough to catch the original....so glad that DSO offered this one up.

A tape of this original that I got soon after the show was he best quality sound I had owned to date. I proceeded to play it until Jerry sounded like a Chimpmunk.

• Forum MVP

Been on the whole tour. I skipped the acoustic show in woodstock. I don't think I'm doing charlottesville and I will def miss one next week but I'm truckin up to Maine to finish the tour. Just had a Rudolph six am waking in the hotel w familiar faces. Been a fun ride.

• Forum MVP

It's the time for touring!! The music is hot and you might as well spend the money now while it's still worth something before the geniuses in washington start inflating away the debt. I know RickE knows what I'm talkin about! Nice to see Run Mary getting played. More originals please! I still say there is nothing wrong with a Trickster tune, especially in the NE.

• Forum MVP

Fun show. Venue security was a little harsh but we all came to terms eventually. Love Picasso Moon! There were some microphone issues during it but it still rocked.

Dark star-saint-eyes made the show for me. The transition from d star to saint was very smooth. The eyes was a slower laid back style with a keyboard solo(there should always be one in this song!). Loved Jeff's MIDI work last night, best I've heard yet.

Run Mary!

• Forum MVP

Glad to see Run Mary in the mix a little more often! And glad to hear the keepers of the tour flame are shining bright! Thanks for the updates, y'all.

This keeper is having a hard time keeping his keys....and in the end, he finds them attached to his person....doh

This is, more or less, a thank you to the band. We travelled for a fairly long time to arrive at State College. I thought it would be a 60's or 70's show with a great Dark Star, which is my favorite live song [maybe someone could name a band after it?]. Upon realizing from the keyboard and guitar tones that it was going to be a 90's show, I wondered about having come this distance to see it. The Mexicali>Cumberland Blues was really neat because they really jammed it out. Rob Barraco sang Box of Rain, by the way.

After the second set, I should have written 50 times '90's shows can be incredible'. It was, in effect, a 60's show with a not yet 'invented' Eyes of the World [as usual, a beauty] and Saint of Circumstance thrown in. A second set starting with a gentle space jam > Dark Star was delightful!! The whole set was elegantly played. Not too arguably, these guys tower over what the Dead sounded like in the 90's. The Attics was quite sweet, and Rob threw in a Calypso-like beat to Good Lovin' that the rest of the band played with for a while. Brokedown>And We..., Run Mary, and Don't Let Go were also really appreciated. No talkers around us for the second show in a row, so I'm sure that helped. So thank you-I really enjoyed the music you offered last night.

Archived