Awesome show and nye run...& lookin 4ward to more. 1 complaint w/ WELLMONT

deadfan

I want 2 kno why the security guards @ WELLMONT THEATER harrass people who r doing nothing wrong. I was dancing, having a good ol time, hugging, hand shaking, fist slamming, and smilin at brothers & sisters. I shed love & happiness. But 2 particular security guards harrassed me and a few others ALL NIGHT LONG! This includes constantly walking past and jabbing their elbows into me in mid-dance. It includes obsessive and excessive stares, whispering and dirty looks. I PAID A LOT OF MONEY THAT I WORKED HARD TO EARN TO SPEND THESE DAYS WITH MY FAVORITE MUSIC AND ONE OF THE GRATEST BANDS EVER. I GOT IN NO ONE'S WAY AND WAS CONSIDERATE TO THOSE WHO WALKED BY. MY CRIME WAS HAVING TOO MUCH FUN! BOOOOOO TO WELLMONT THEATER SECUROTY GUARDS. THE THEATER ITSELF IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO HAVE A CONCERT AND spend the coming of the new year. I am a return visitor to this venue. Dso rocks and not even the security guards can make this happy asian, unhappy. Mind u, i didnt pay into their crap at all. I behaved the entire night. The security gurads themselves have no indication that i feel this way. Peace & love. Hnye!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

The staff is incredibly rude. Before the show one of the security/staff insisted to me that "this is not a dead show"...I beg to differ. What a douche. Additionally, Gary was forced to delete all of his footage for some ridiculous reason. I'm gonna raise some hell tonight...in a peaceful way...

It's sad cuz the only ones lookinj & starting trouble were the security guards. The only hell I raised was the dancing I did and I am soooo lookin forward to dancin some more tonight. Durinlg the space, I kept raisig my hand up from the floor to the sky and it felt likea vine of life sprouted downward out from my hand. I mean it was an awesome night with or without the security guard stuff. I'm gonna raise the same kind of peaceful hell tonight too. The more we have fun the more it stings the security guards. I caught the guy spying on me, actually hiding behind a corner and peering @ me...but it was killin him that he couldn't bust me for something. At the Electric Factory, the security thought I was way out there and perhaps acting like a goon, but they left me alone cuz I wasn't making any trouble there either. I really never make trouble at dead shows. And let's get something clear right now...THIS IS A DEAD SHOW!

It was an awesome night...and the "bad" me had a lot of fun with the Securioty Guard on the 2nd night. I kept sticking my middle finger on my nose...and it got to the point that he noticed and kept getting angry each time he looked my way. There was one time when I walked into the crowd and he still had his eyes on me and I put my middle finger up and he immediately looked away. Each time, I kept laughing at him and I could see his frustration rise. At 1 point he was hiding behind a corner and so I did so too and he came out and looked right at me for like 30 seconds as I looked at him and smiled. The point of my protestations is that i did nothing wrong. I know that there exists people who get angry when someone is enjoying his/herself as much as I do whenever I go to dead shows. Most people like the way I dance but some people get pissed off. But inevitably, they cannot do anything if I don't and this guy on New Years Eve, 1 of the happiest nights of the year, got himself all frustrated and pissed off for no reason. I could see how it burned him that he could do nothing to me. BTW, I wasn't the only one who noticed the security guard that had his eye on me (basically harrassed me for 2 nights) and other security guards. In the end, my triumph was going home without incident and having one of the best nights of my life. How dare a MAN dance like the way I do...dead-ballet... looks like a fag to some... but to those who know, it is much grater than those with lesser minds that have not experienced the psychadelic world of the GD. In the end, it was a grate show and during that NYE run, we got to hear every song on e could wish for and then some.

It so was a dead show screw him man i cant believe he stopped me from trying to get a ticket i understand his point but i was trying to help someone whos friend didnt show up i was going to pay for the ticket but anyway it was an epic run had a blast thanks mangosteen and dead fan you guys rock

• Forum MVP

I don't believe that a person has a "lesser mind" based solely upon a failure to fully appreciate the psychedelic splendors of the world of all things Grateful Dead. But I do agree that petty power trips are a sad manifestation of something or other.

Actually, by "lesser mind" I was referring to the state of my mind which I acknowledge is partly responsible for how I absorbed the music that night and that perhaps one needs to enjoy a mind filled with psychedlia in order to understand from where I come and for why the smile is sooo huge on my face. I am sure the guard knew that my mind was pensive, so to speak, and it burned him that he could do nothing about it. Also with my point is that I got in no one'es way, was curteous to those who wanted to pass broke no laws (in front of him) and was otherwise loving towards those around me....That's why so many people feel comfortable giving me a hug..even those who did not kow me, U love getting hugs from strangers. I love looking into a fellow head's eyes and seeing that recognition of occupying the same plane. I love when someone comes up to me and says, "Hey man, I saw you at this show or that...etc. Love it man! Tis why I keep going back for more! Makes me a better person in my normal life too.

• Forum MVP

Dave, no one that I know has any problem with your dancing, so don't sweat it. You might, however, want to clean up your grammar so that the other folks on this board can more easily get what you are saying. John that goes for you too. :):):)

I went up to the guy who insisted that it "wasn't a dead show" on nye and told him again that it was a dead show. This time he just smiled and patted me on the back. Must have changed his mind after the first night...

• Advisory Board

U love getting hugs from strangers. I love looking into a fellow head's eyes and seeing that recognition of occupying the same plane. I love when someone comes up to me and says, "Hey man, I saw you at this show or that...etc. Love it man! Tis why I keep going back for more! Makes me a better person in my normal life too.

Couldn't agree more with you!!!

I got a few "Loved the way you dance" the last two nights... I love hearing that! :)

• Forum MVP

Its funny. I didn't have any problems with security at the Wellmont. I guess I should make it clear that the Wellmont is not my favorite venue and I really do not like all the aspects of the drunk New Jersey dead scene. However, with the amount of trouble I was making, security seemed rather non existent to me. I guess thats cause I mostly stayed up top in the balcony amongst friends. Sorry for those who had problems. I thought considering we were in NJ security was very laxed. They even let us set off the fire alarm.

Yeah, most people got away with what they did cuz the security were focused on me who had done everything prior to entering the establishment (hee hee). I heard the top was much better in terms of security. But if I had any part in attracting those peering eyes from folks who might've been smoking etc...then it was all worth it. I'd gladly do it again for my brothers and sisters. By the way, I did get busted for something: The security very adamantly took away my glow sticks (but let others keep theirs). Man, am I a bad boy! How dare I bring those into the venue (never mind the dude next to me sucking in nitrous [inside the theater]). :)

• Advisory Board

They even let us set off the fire alarm.

I knew you were the douchebag that set off that alarm, Rick! HA!

glow sticks do suck and they hurt when you get pegged with them it really sucks when one is broken open on you

My first Grateful Dead show, I got sprayed in the eyes with a broken glow stick... tripping my balls off.... I honestly didn't know if I was gonna laugh or cry...

hey rick e what is "all the aspects of the drunk nj dead scene..." mean? scratch that - i really couldn't care less. us garden staters don't like u sober people comin round much anyway - so net tour why don't u just skip the state

• Forum MVP

hey rick e what is "all the aspects of the drunk nj dead scene..." mean? scratch that - i really couldn't care less. us garden staters don't like u sober people comin round much anyway - so net tour why don't u just skip the state

Hey bro, do you ever have anything positive to say? Or are you just a negative nancy? I doubt you even have the balls to respond to this.

balls aren't the problem - desire is. i'll grant u i'm VERY sarcastic - but i watched the board bash my home state and just jabbed back - u, like a majority of the children on this board should lighten up - but don't fret, i post very rarely - just ignore me

Archived